Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WC and SSDI
Amen, Cap. You see the company that the LTD hired to get me on SSDI is going to get the back pay if I ever get on it so my attorney is out on that end. Right now hes fixing to be out on the WC end as well. I know they get 25% of settlement but how much exxpenses can they charge, is it reasonable and customary like insurance companies or can they charge whatever? Just wondering. I know my first attorney charged almost 8000 for 45.00 worth of expenses. His is got to come out of settlement as well as this last nutcase. I'm afraid there is not going to be anything left

Gene.....The attoreny that hubby and I both use always puts the wording in the claim petition that the IC will be responsible for all court costs and fees. Neither of us has paid for anything. All depos, etc. the IC has been ordered to pay because of this wording. I say it again it's so sad when an attorney you should be able to trust doesn't do things in your best interest.

CAP

I know. I have refused to talk to him at all for over a month now. All he does is lies to me. I like his partner but she is on maternity bedrest for the next month. She is the one that I have been talking to but she has no control over what he does since she is not in the office. I have already started a search for a new one and hopefully can get someone who can help get me through this mess. This guy has already made the WC people so mad that I don't know if I will ever be treated fairly by them again.

I'm wondering if reporting him for wrongful representation is a possibility???

CAP

Can you do that since I have only spoken to him on the phone. Would it be my word against his? Who would you contact to find out how to do that? State bar? There should be something that could be done about him cause he obviously is not thinking of his clients.

Gene....check out the phone book. there should be something listed in the attorney section. I think it's the State bar assoc. Not sure IF you can do anything but I think anything is worth a try. Have you ever sat down with him and told him your concerns?? If not maybe start with making an appt. and laying your cards on the table. I had to do this once in the middle of hubby's case because I felt the attorney was avoiding both of us. Made an appt. through his secretary and spent over an hour telling him my concerns, ansking al the questions I had, told him IF he didn't return a call within 2-3 days I would never recommend him to anyone. It worked . He has been a jewel ever since.

CAP

Sounds like a plan, Cap This guy is pretty good about returning phone calls but he contradicts himself everytime so I would rather not even talk to him. My problem with him started with my back. WC sent me to a dr that was in the same group as the ortho. This dr just said lets wait and see what happens with the knee and ankle before we talk about surgery. I went back to my ortho and he referrred me to a different doc in the same group and the lawyer had jumped in before they got the referral okayed through WC and got me an appointment with the same doc. Of course that is going to come out of my settlement as expenses. If he had waited for 5 minutes WC would have sent me. Then I found out that he had taken the doc out to dinner the night before I saw him and of course I am supposed to have surgery, according to him. That really threw up red flags to everyone especially since they had by-passed WC and got the referral on their own. I just don't think it is right for lawyers and docs to go out for dinner and drinks to discuss a patient. Seens very underhanded to me but I might be naive or something....They ahd the attitude that I should be proud that I have an attorney with so many contacts....Not when it is my body they are talking about, its not...

Gene....I'm sure there are alot of Dr.s and attorneys who work together that also play together BUT it shouldn't be so obvious. Especially when the IW is being tossed around. I always say we need to be able to trust our Dr.s and attorney or we have no one in court with us. Sad.

CAP

Thats exactly what I thought, Cap. He called the IME doctor as well and tried to set up cocktails with him the night before my appointment but he refused, said it would be unethical. He is the doc that said no surgery for now so I think I would come closer to believing him as the other 2 docs that the attorney has courted. I do not want back surgery if I can get out of it but I understand what the ortho is saying about the rehab but I feel like the 2 drs who are recommendiiing it are just doing it becuae they are friends with the attorney. I dont know anymore...I have lost all trust in the whole mess...

Gene, GET RID OF THAT ATTORNEY RIGHT NOW!!! The only reason he is going out for Cocktails with these people is to set up a pay-off to favor himself!! He's not going out to Help you, sounds to me like you have an Alcoholic Attorney who wants to Pad His Pockets!! This Person needs reported to your Local Bar Association, and you need to be rid of Him!! My opinion only, but this sounds WAY too fishy to me!!!Rolleyes