Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
helthcare
I agree Tuffy. This my second and last responce to it.

Frito, I answered part of your question in my last post. The other part of the answere is, the tax payers.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Frito what good is is a insurance that will take you if you cant pay for it?Do I care for my dog yes I do.....and I dont ask you to pay her food or vet bill.....I dont ask you to pay my health care...Its my responsabilty...My daughter was ill several months ago she is a collage student with no health insurance she ended up in the hospital and recieved 6 units of blood.....when the hospital found out she had no insurance they sent their charity person around to help fill out paperwork Becca didnt pay a dime.....state run programs are there....course you get the hospital room with no frills and mostly student Docs but the help is there.....Again I am asking you where is the money gonna come from to pay for this insurance program? can you afford to be taxed another 1,2 or even3 hundred dollars a month to pay for this start up overhead not insurance for anyone mind you just start up money to pay for all the memos and goverment red tape?then again all these people in the insurance program gotta be paid......and it isnt gonna be everyday joes like you and me but friends and family and favors paid that are gonna get these jobs and bribes and such for 3-5 years before this insurance is ever offered to anyone... have you even read the bill or are you still thinking free health care?cuz I can promise you if another 2-3 hundred dollars is taken from my family in taxes....we will lose it all...and millions more like me making it month to month with a bit left over put by for emergencies or a weekend camping trip
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I would love to be a part of this discussion because I have several questions BUT it has been asked by two members to move it to the Off-topic area where I also feel it belongs.Is it so wrong to keep it off the area where folks are coming not to debate our health system but to get help with their WC issues? I'm not sure why someone wouldn't want it moved to continue as it's a great topic, but has nothing to do with WC injuries. Respect.

am totally with Jayne here. How/who is going to pay for this?
In Louisiana, You go to the Charity Hospital if you are uninsured and low income. Yes these two go hand in hand.
I had a nephew who fell in a old house well 4 years ago while deer hunting. The well was fairly small and he fell and was caught at his shoulders. Broke ribs, some internal injuries, It was bad.
Anyway, He had just moved back home, 27 no job, no insurance. He went to the Charity Hospital in Monroe, Louisiana and it did not cost a dime. I realize I pay state taxes for this and honestly, Thats fine.

My problem is being taxed over and over again to the point it breaks the hard working normal families. Someone has to pay bigtime for this and I am totally against the Robin Hood syndrome of the Rich should pay for the poor.

My Question remains, How will we pay for this?
How will low income families fare paying higher taxes themselves?

If anyone in Louisiana does not receive Health treatment, they do not know "the ropes" to get Health Care. Here is a excellent website:
http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/

My Opinion, and 1 true fact:

Last night, in chicago, illinois, channel 2 news at 10:00PM. It showed a High school that allowed young girls to stay in school when PG, or after having a baby, or babies. Now this is just fine with me, and I'm sure many others. What is so sad, is the quick statement made to why most of these young Girls were having babies. Then said, so they could hurry up, and get on the state aide system, and the more babies they have, the more they get. Now, it was never repeated. The number count I forgot, but it was shown, young girls with babies took up 6 pages of the school year book. So, I guess if we knew how many about were on a page times 6 would equal what? Then we know. But, this has been stated on public TV for all to see.

America expects it, american's don't wish to see it, yet we paid taxes for it, since the time aide began.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Tuffy Wrote:But what happens to the famlies that have young children, have worked hard for what they do have, lose there job, liveing month to month on unemployment and one of the children developes a major illness, They can't afford insurance, Now they are in fear of loosing everything to pay the medical bills. Or the elderly couple that only has medicare and can't afford supplemental ins. Pay for food or meds or co,pays.

There are millions that are employed and working hard just to stay afloat and put food on the table and can't afford Medical ins, but make to much mony to receive state aid.......How many times have we heard this story even with some of our fellow IW's
It is something to think about.........

Seriously think about this before you answer it. Why is it the governments job to take care of people that have no insurance?

2 of my children were born at a time when we had no health insurance. They were both born at the university teaching hospital.
They charged me on what I could afford. We made payments for years until it was paid off.

There were other times we didn't have health insurance and we always chose doctors that we could afford.]

Why do so many Americans think that personal responsibility is dead?

When I was younger, lets say 16 or 17 years old. I was employed at a Chemical Plant. Yes, I lied on the application, and said I was 18 years old, so I could work full time with them. It was a Union shop with Insurance. But when ever something happen, like I ripped my pinky finger half off outside of work, I would get a bill for what ever was not paid for. I was now learning, even with Insurance there is something you have to pay for. Well, I was brought up, to always put 3/4 of my earned money at the time to the side. When I went to pay this bill, I was going to pay it in full. But, I was told to just make payments, why I have no idea, but it showed I was learning still. The women said, it is set up that way, not to hurt you pocket book. Back then, they knew how to help people along this long road to come. I paid the bills, never did I have a problem, and never was I then broke. Goes to show, even with Insurance, you may pay something.

Now on the dark side, and true facts:

I do know some people, and yes, I told them what their doing isn't right, and I didn't have enough information to turn them in, for I tried;

Person (#1) , Collects State Aide from Illinois for medical reasons, but I'm sure this also going to change to even more in time. For this same person, is on State Aide in the State of Indiana. Yes, they use 2 different addresses, but SS number used is the same.

If person #1 is doing, this, they learned it from someone else, and many more are doing this. This person goes to churches, and gets bills paid, gets free gasoline cards, and of course free food. Does this in two States.

Person (#2) Your not going to think it can happen, but it does;
3 States collecting State Aide.
Illinois
Indiana
Minnesota
Isn't it just grand, as one person can see this, issues of young girls having babies on the News to show they want on the Aide system. yet being known and very in the public, those that should care, turn their cheek up to true know facts.

Person #1 and #2 though are both males....
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

love u alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:When I was younger, lets say 16 or 17 years old. I was employed at a Chemical Plant. Yes, I lied on the application, and said I was 18 years old, so I could work full time with them. It was a Union shop with Insurance. But when ever something happen, like I ripped my pinky finger half off outside of work, I would get a bill for what ever was not paid for. I was now learning, even with Insurance there is something you have to pay for. Well, I was brought up, to always put 3/4 of my earned money at the time to the side. When I went to pay this bill, I was going to pay it in full. But, I was told to just make payments, why I have no idea, but it showed I was learning still. The women said, it is set up that way, not to hurt you pocket book. Back then, they knew how to help people along this long road to come. I paid the bills, never did I have a problem, and never was I then broke. Goes to show, even with Insurance, you may pay something.

Now on the dark side, and true facts:

I do know some people, and yes, I told them what their doing isn't right, and I didn't have enough information to turn them in, for I tried;

Person (#1) , Collects State Aide from Illinois for medical reasons, but I'm sure this also going to change to even more in time. For this same person, is on State Aide in the State of Indiana. Yes, they use 2 different addresses, but SS number used is the same.

If person #1 is doing, this, they learned it from someone else, and many more are doing this. This person goes to churches, and gets bills paid, gets free gasoline cards, and of course free food. Does this in two States.

Person (#2) Your not going to think it can happen, but it does;
3 States collecting State Aide.
Illinois
Indiana
Minnesota
Isn't it just grand, as one person can see this, issues of young girls having babies on the News to show they want on the Aide system. yet being known and very in the public, those that should care, turn their cheek up to true know facts.

Person #1 and #2 though are both males....

You are not that old. You got me by 3 years. You lied in the 1970's and got away with it at any plant or any major employer?
Thats freaking impressive my man especially considering the ramifications if this company would have got caught.
Did you have a fake Drivers Liscense? A fake birth certificate? A fake Social security number?

I just wonder how you slipped through the cracks at a young age. I bet many were lined up to get that Union wage paying job and no one knew you?

Impressive that you actually got away with this. LOL

My Great Grandfather was a explosives man in an underground iron mine in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. He was hurt pretty badly when an blast went off early. The company gave him $20 and told him to come back if he could ever work again. He still had rock in his face and could only walk with a crutch until he died. Thank god insurance was mandated by the government for injured workers. How many think that the system would not have changed if the government had not mandated it? I think we are at the same point with our healthcare insurance system. It has to change or it will bring down our our employers and our state governments as they spend more and more on healthcare.

Our health insurance system will not change unless mandated by the federal government. In most states there is very little competition for insurance services since they cannot sell health insurance across the nation. The majority of states have very little competition for health insurance services. A AMA study found that in 313 metropolitan area the health insurance offerings are dominated by one insurer. A couple examples are; Alabama where Blue Cross Blue Shield of AL has 94% of the market, Arkansas where BCBS AK controls 75%; Georgia where Wellpoint controls 61%; Iowa where Welmark controls 71%; Louisiana where BCBS controls 61%; Michigan where BCBS controls 65%; Missouri where Wellpoint controls 68% of the market.

This shows how little competition in the marketplace. The insurance industry got congress to kill the provision that would have allowed insurance sales nationwide and opened it up to some real competition. The Insurance industry is one of two industries that have an anti-trust exemption. The other is the NFL. There was a proposal to get rid of the anti-trust exemption but the insurance lobbyists got rid of that too. This shows that the health insurance system is violating the basic precepts of the American system of fair competition. They have gamed the system so they have no competition in the individual states.