Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
helthcare
Cycler, I found your neighbors writting on the subject interesting. Thanks for sharing...
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Cycler Wrote:I'm sorry, I crossed posted with yours admin. and missed it My apologies to all. I LIKE Stiff just fine, no problems at all. Will cease and desist.

admin Wrote:And to Cycler and Sitffnecked, we know you don't like each other. Let it go. Move on.
Thank you.

OldManOnCampus Wrote:
Wink Wrote:
red1030 Wrote:However, I will say and have said, that I believe that all people with some responsibilities attached do have a right to healthcare the same as our taxes pay for our schools because our children have a right to an education. Is that program a social type program? What about our firemen or our police officers and so forth, tax payer pay for this also. Why do we have to draw the line with healthcare.

Those things are only government funded - not government run. There's a huge difference between the two, red.Smile
Perhaps there is a misunderstanding what government is. How are these organizations government funded but not government run? The fire and police department are a part of local, county or state government. Public schools are government run-just a different level of government.

OMOC,
School classrooms, for example, don't have rules set forth by the government (whether local or federal) that all children wear the same color of clothing. The police departments, for example, are not made to pledge allegiance to the government, and etc.. In that respect, that is what I meant - funded, yes, but government run, no. Well, not yet anyhow. I am hoping that we will not wake up one day crying, "What happened to our freedom?!"

Wink Wrote:
OldManOnCampus Wrote:
Wink Wrote:
red1030 Wrote:However, I will say and have said, that I believe that all people with some responsibilities attached do have a right to healthcare the same as our taxes pay for our schools because our children have a right to an education. Is that program a social type program? What about our firemen or our police officers and so forth, tax payer pay for this also. Why do we have to draw the line with healthcare.

Those things are only government funded - not government run. There's a huge difference between the two, red.Smile
Perhaps there is a misunderstanding what government is. How are these organizations government funded but not government run? The fire and police department are a part of local, county or state government. Public schools are government run-just a different level of government.

OMOC,
School classrooms, for example, don't have rules set forth by the government (whether local or federal) that all children wear the same color of clothing. The police departments, for example, are not made to pledge allegiance to the government, and etc.. In that respect, that is what I meant - funded, yes, but government run, no. Well, not yet anyhow. I am hoping that we will not wake up one day crying, "What happened to our freedom?!"

Schools and police departments have so many federal mandates that they have to meet it's unbelievable. They stack regulations on top of regulations.

No federal funds ever come without strings. Whoever said they did is flat out lying.

stiffnecked Wrote:
Wink Wrote:
OldManOnCampus Wrote:
Wink Wrote:

OMOC,

Schools and police departments have so many federal mandates that they have to meet it's unbelievable. They stack regulations on top of regulations.

No federal funds ever come without strings. Whoever said they did is flat out lying.

Stiffnecked, I understand what you and OMOC are saying...but we are not governed like China, Russia, Cuba or other third world countries yet, are we? That's my point.

Something to think about:
[Image: zzzquotefrom1944.jpg]

stuff like this is the reason people aint on here as much as used to be we cant do anything about it anyway the rich get richer and the poor get crapped on whats new this thresd need throwed in the dumpster
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing