Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How American Health Care Became Broken...
I just wanted to give my take on health care.

My husband and I adopted an infant in the 80's when she was 4 months old we found she was disabled with many medical challenges.

For her 2nd birthday she received her first wheelchair.

by the time she was in grade school she was classified as severely mutiply disabled and medically fragile.

When she was 8 yrs old our family's health insurance cost increased to $2,500.00 per month. We could no longer afford health insurance for our family.

We were able to find a policy to insure my husband & I and our new baby, but not for our disabled daughter.

After being interviewed by the local tv station twice, working with my state rep & senator I found the insurance company was required to offer an individual health insurance policy for our daughter.

Finally we were able to purchase health insurance for our daughter.

No family should have to go thru this!

A friend of mine that works for a major chain Pharmacy, just got notice on their family Health Insurance plan. The health insurance is also a major Insurance company.

They been told, the Insurance plan now, will only pay 20% of all and any of their medical, leaving them to now pay 80% of the remaining bill.

Employers might be required to offer Health Insurance, but not required to pay any portion of it. meaning they can shift the whole cost of the policy onto the employee. This is happening all over the place also.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

People get poorer, Health ins companies get richer.........Cobra is a big joke, When I lost my job and ins, I was offered Cobra, The cost to me was what my Take home pay was for 2 weeks. and I wasen't working or collecting WC as my claim was first denied.....

Badboy.....I agree with what you say as my employer started 10 years ago weaning out paying for all employees health insurance and I was a public school employee. When do you think this began? If we go by Bummer's post probably 20 years? It's not recent is it? How many have suffered and lost their lives because they didn't have coverage and couldn't afford it. I was one of the lucky ones who had a job for 20 years and great benefits. We need health insurance reform, not health care, but health insurance. Anyone in congress or the senate who refuse to work with and help our President to make things better I don't feel should be in office just as some don't feel the president should be. The law makers are pissing around while others suffer. How fair is that? some don't want to accept that Obama won, don't like his ideas....give him different ones then....don't be quiet about it and have nothing else to say but LIAR! Work with the man. Like it or not he was elected by a large margin and is here to stay for the next 4 years. Do we want the country and citizens to suffer more because of the bullheadedness in the Senate and Congress. Work together and fix the damn mess this country is in. Keep in mind there isn't too much the President can do alone.

Nice thoughts Cap, I can remember when the health ins co told us how long new mom's and babys could stay in the hospital, 24 hrs for a normal delivery 72 hrs for a C-section, then wondered why the mom's. babys or both had problems. Now they can even tell the patient, Hospital, and Dr how long they can stay in the hospital and what the cost is , or what they will pay for different types of surgery. Gall Bladder, Appy, in and out the same day............Bypass, a week or several days and what the Dr can charge.........It needs to change........I have friends that are working 2 jobs and still can't afford health insurance.

I was surprized that Bill was allowed only 4 days after a quad bypass....but thank the lord he has done real well.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

from the article:

"Then there was the role of local medical culture. For example, even though it didn't make sense and wasted a lot of time and money, pediatricians in some communities felt they absolutely positively had to send even mildly sick kids to the hospital.

"Families in small Maine communities were used to the fact that if their kid had a temperature of 102 and was vomiting, that kid was going into the hospital," says Keller. "They'd been doing it for years, so they'd be aghast if they took little Tommy down and he had a temperature of 102 and the doctor said, 'Well, go home and take this.' Nobody did that!"

It was probably safer and better all around not to put the kids in the hospital, and the doctors knew this. But doctors, like the rest of us, are people, and therefore are subject to subtle influences. "
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:1171, I have to say I done my little research, such as ask a few of the State Aide people, on what they thought of Healthcaere reform.

Thier answer was, they don't like it, because they feel it will reduce their monthly intake they are now getting.

Then we ask who broke the system, well the abusers most certainly Broke it.

easy to blame little guyy bad boy

fritos

The only ones I was blaming was the abusers...The ones that feel staying on a State Aide program, instead of trying to get out and about and work instead. Nothing wrong with using a system made to help, abuse it, and we all suffer.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:fritos

The only ones I was blaming was the abusers...The ones that feel staying on a State Aide program, instead of trying to get out and about and work instead. Nothing wrong with using a system made to help, abuse it, and we all suffer.

I feel im the one who has been abused. every 3 months i m e for the last 3 years what a waist of money but i guess it keeps them working who's being abused?.I lose health cov for my family after 2 1/2 years now my ssd pays4 it is that fare.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Broken Collarbone ... need advice... DadToThree 26 13,288 03-14-2017, 12:54 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Broken Hip Steelerspride86 5 11,887 02-01-2017, 06:05 PM
  Broken fib/tib with pre-existing condition seestock 3 1,385 02-17-2016, 04:37 PM
  have anyone ever had a broken c6???? I wanna know whats in store for me??? alvinf478 1 1,779 02-11-2015, 01:31 AM
  Broken Ankle Question bryman1202 3 3,495 11-04-2014, 02:40 AM
  Broken Back abbie6376 2 2,803 02-18-2014, 07:00 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Out of state injury broken wrist HaroldWelds80 2 3,767 04-26-2013, 11:49 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Broken Arm 4 days ago and still not fixed southernldy 7 6,444 08-08-2012, 05:00 PM
  broken toes stretch619 2 4,448 05-21-2012, 10:51 AM
  broken ankle (twice) at work terryb 3 4,755 03-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Last Post: jayne