• Please excuse our dust
  • We are continuing the redesign of our forums
  • We'll get there eventually!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long will it take to settle ?????
I have been going thru this for about a year now with my arm i have no movement in it i can move my elbow and my hand but i can't life any thing and i can't hug my wife any more and now the Dr said he's done all he can do for me and there about to cut off my check. i know i can every work again who would hire me with only one arm i just hope this will not take to long I'm tired of all this BS

sorry for the spelling

sorry about the arm...lets start with your state and your injury..your age...and have you been rated..lots of people with one arm works.....you have to have a good attitude
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

jayne Wrote:sorry about the arm...lets start with your state and your injury..your age...and have you been rated..lots of people with one arm works.....you have to have a good attitude

well I'm in Alabama and i had a rotator cuff tear that i have had 2 surgery
i'm 45 year old after almost a year my attitude sux. i was let go from a job that i was real good at making good money and were i live at it hard to find a job right now, i get rated on Oct the 6

and it my right arm and I'm right handed try to learn to use the other one u should it now that funny

There are several things that go into a settlement. With that being said, its like the army. "hurry up and wait".

When it comes to a settlement, things like loss of earnings, loss of function, and future medical come into play.

I am unfamilure with your state, but I believe. Once you are rated,the IC will be notified as well as you. (by mail). Either side can dispute the rating and that can make the settlement time take longer.

I would not be rushung the settlement procedure. We all make more mistakes when we rush through things than we do when we take our time. I would be more focused on my medical condition than settlement.

The above are just my thoughts.

Take Care
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. Jesus died for our sins. Soilders died for our freedom.

WC sucks all around.... we have had a couple of shoulder people on here....give it a day or two but someone will get back to you in the mean time go over on the off topics side and join in....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

W/c does suck and I know how you feel about not being able to do things with your arm. I hurt my wrist and haven't really used my whole arm in two years it is weak and I drop alot of stuff and it is frustrating.
Especially when you are trying to eat and the fork goes flying from your hand.

I have seen alot of people get put at MMI and then go and get an impairment. Is that different in every state?

Hi,

I am also a shoulder injury person who's dominant arm was injured at work. After 4 surgeries, my shoulder does not move much, and I also cannot do the type of work I am accustomed to doing. I was injured in 2005, and my case is still on-going. I too cannot seem to get hired because of my arm. I also have other health problems. I applied for SSD and was awarded.
I can tell you , WC will NOT be a speedy process.
Because of your age, you may want to ask about Voc Rehab, which teaches you the skills to ingeniously job hunt, get a resume and cover letter around, or because you are young, they may offer retraining. Please ask about this and push for it. It may well get you back into the work force.

And yes...I know all too well how sad it is to NOT be able to hug your spouse, your friends, wipe yer butt, write, or do simple household things, like get the dishes out of the cabinet, or oven. But you must try to do the best you can, and you will figure out different ways to dress yourself, wash your hair & bathe etc.
WC does suck....I think we can all agree on that!

Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Hi...so sorry you are going through this. I also suffered a shoulder injury. Had surgery, made matters worse, can't even lift one pound with it now. Constant pain in my shoulder, arm and hand. It is not my dominant arm but it has still incapacitated me. I have to always remember in the kitchen that I have one good arm, can't carry grocery bags, a handbag, put a shirt and a bra on the right way without help. ect. You seem to know the drill. Mine is permanent and I was told that I would have to accept it and learn to live with some of the pain which is what I do. Sometimes it gets to me and sometimes I can handle it. I wish you the best.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  60k + 15k long term if I settle.. Moldman 3 1,482 09-17-2014, 08:23 PM
Last Post: California_Help