Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 05-26-2015, 03:36 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
coughing ,sneezing and tailbone pain!!!!!!!
09-13-2009, 11:22 PM
coughing ,sneezing and tailbone pain!!!!!!!
This couple of days I had a bad cold and when I cough and sneeze it was very painful . Am I going to have this for the rest of my life

In God I Trust
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2009, 11:30 PM
RE: coughing ,sneezing and tailbone pain!!!!!!!
I hope not. If you think about it. Every time you cough or sneeze, some of your back as well as your stomach muscels tense up. When that happens the musces push on the nerves.

I am not aware of your injury, but if it is a nerve problem. What I said above maked perfect sense to this old redneck.

Take Care

8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. Jesus died for our sins. Soilders died for our freedom.
09-13-2009, 11:46 PM
Coughing and sneezing just about kill me sometimes
09-14-2009, 08:14 AM
Hey Manley, I hope you feel better soon! I too have had a deep down chest cold with a terribly gross, and gagging cough! I have not felt bad, except for the cough is exhausting....and doing extra loads of laundry, cause I'm apparently an old lady!

I imagine you have aggrivated a muscle and caused a spasm, or a pull...which could lead to nerve pain you describe. Have you tried moist heat?

Lilly

Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!
09-14-2009, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2009 10:19 AM by Tuffy.)
This is a good question to ask your DR,!!!!!! As we age things change and muscles etc weaken, coughing and sneezing can cause problems even if you don.t have a injury...

Hope you are all feeling better soon.........

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
It's about learning to dance in the rain.
09-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Lilly....you are too funny! I am obviously an old lady also Wink Try using the supplies you used once a mopnth when you were younger. Saves on the laundry.Rolleyes

God is never late.

In the end it doesn't matter how many years were in your life but how much life was in your years.
09-14-2009, 10:33 AM
or depends lol

........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......
09-14-2009, 01:10 PM
OMG...WOW..... Is that what I have to look forward too as I get older....LOL.. besides the depends I'm close to that now...
09-14-2009, 03:13 PM
I feel good because This is the day that the lord has made and I will rejoice in it!

2011 Lexus Convertible
09-14-2009, 06:44 PM
I know my husband has sneezed so hard that he blows his nose right out!!! One day he sneezed so hard there was blood everywhere. I know I have heard it is from dry air etc. It scared the living you know what out of him after that. But I think he just pushes so hard with his sneezes and broke some blood vessels or something. Now he is doing much better trying to not make his sneezes so STRONG!!!!!! He has done much better with it.

I also think for women that it is a great idea to wear some sort of protection so when you do sneeze you do not soak your pants because of bladder control problems. I notice myself when I throw up or whenever I sneeze to hard that as I age ( 46 ) that our bladder weakens as we age and are not able to control it like we could when we were younger. Even if it is a pad which would be cheaper I would think just for protection. It wouldn't hurt.

carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%