Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
garden
How is your garden doing? I have spent the last week canning every day and hopefully will finish the apples this afternoon. Have put up peaches, green beans, tomatoes, sala, and 3 bushes of apples, and still picing every other day. Made some apple butter and will put the rest of the apples up as apple butter. Sure will mae some nice eatting.
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

Sounds good vic I did not put a garden in this year do to my tiller being stolen when we got broke into.So I did not buy another one as I was afraid of it getting stolen also.Glad ur garden turned out good.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

I have a container garden on my deck.

Last night I picked, tomatoes, green peppers, cayene peppers & squash.

Most everyone here in this area lost there tomatoes because of a blight of some kind. They say it was because the weather was so cold and wet (damp) and tomatoes need sun and heat. Cukkes, peppers,squash etc did really well. I have green beans coming out my ears and made umpteen loaves of zuccinie bread. Rum didn't grow to well so will have to purchace some to make my rum balls.......ROFLMAO

Between Bill,Becca and Daddy I didnt have time to tend mine...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

just finished the last of the apples- will not need to make apple butter for a couple years.

Bummer- my garden is only 3 x20 feet but is still putting on.

Jayne- sorry that you didn't get to work your garden, know you enjoy the garden and having it to feed your family in the winter.

I used the white buckets for containers this year and they did great!

I do have my hubby's Grandpa's metal whiskey container, it is huge and anything planted in it grows like crazy. Whiskey was made in this container for years and now it is part of the garden on my deck.

RN Vic I have bunches of tomatoes.

Bummer- take the tomatoes and peppers, onions, chillie powder, garlic, cilantro, hot peppers and make some sala. Sure is good eatting. I put up 28 jars for this winter.

RnVic,
You are tormenting me so badly, lol, I love homemade apple butter, but don't know how to make it. I don't have a garden, but may do a small one next year. My son-in-law has a green thumb, hopefully he'll have a big one next year,lol. I'm glad to hear that you are getting a good crop.
Take care
Vickie

Vickie- making apple butter is easy- just wash your apples, cut in half, place in pressure cooker with just enough water to keep from sticking ( approx 2 cups) cook apples until soft, cool a little then run through sive (this will take the skins and seeds out ) return pulp to pan, add 1/2 cup brown sugar for each cup of plup, add ciammon, nutmeg, and allspice to taste, cook until slides off spoon without sticking. place in heated canning jars, turn upside down for 1/2 hour and then turn over make sure all lids pop then it is ready. Make a pan of hot biscuts and enjoy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Summer Garden Bummer Knees 10 4,025 06-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  A computer garden to cheer you up! monster 23 13,190 04-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Last Post: RNvic
  oh my garden time jayne 3 2,691 01-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Fall Garden Bummer Knees 3 4,553 08-31-2008, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Jayne & Others/Fall Garden Bummer Knees 1 2,430 07-29-2008, 10:30 AM