Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FCE
freebird Wrote:I was told to take my meds just like I normally do before my FCE. I guess I could have lied when he ask me have you taken your meds as you usually do everyday?

Many individuals work taking prescription narcotics. I am on 5 different meds 3 being narcotics. I can drive; no restrictions. Your body adjust to the meds.

If you have a car accident on prescription drugs, it is not a ticket unless you have a driving restriction on you.

As far as being dangerous to work with prescription narcotics, your employer will never ask what you are on unless a drug test is "popped" on you. When you show your prescriptions, you are fine. If your prescription drugs impair you that bad, you should talk to your Pain Management Doctor. If you are released to work taking prescription drugs, obviously your Doctor does not realize you are impaired.

Life sometimes has to go on and prescription Narcotics are acceptable. If you take such a amount that you are inpaired, you should be rated Permanent and totally disabled.

I use the 25 mchg Fentanyl patch and lortab 10 5x a day as my narcs plus lyrica 150 mg 3x a day, celebrex and ambien at night.

Do what you want but take your meds with you if the PT requires you take your meds before the FCE is done.

It is a ticket and man slaughter if someone dies this I know cause I drove for a living and my co worker died in front of me in another car. The first thing the police done was tested me for narcs and others just to see if I was under the influence they told me if I was it was man slaughter. DUI

And why are you dissing badboy, he is always full of warmth and excelent info and advice.....?

While this is not a pissing contest or who can spit the farthest. I would think we all have made good point as well as cycler. Now this brings a question to mind.... Lets say no cure so they give you vicodin (etc) to cope with pain. Now they have faced the fact of not getting better so the order a fce. Now it shows you can function at a certain level but what happens after you become imuned to them.. I bet the fce report dont have that in consideration..

Now me myself took my self of narcs for the reason of wanting my job, for the company policy is no restrictions and no narcs... Can I function with out.? yep but it puts my pain levels sky high. With my injury and having a head on collision it has been total head aches between empoyer/WC/auto ins. Now imagine if I would have been on narcs it would have opened a new window of cival suit against me and my ins. Even though while taking narc I did feel fine, but after you have been off for a period of time you realize the difference.. Now with that in mind I would not say that most dont need narcs, but to the ones that need to take them just to cope at home just to live the days are the safest users out there.....

freebird Wrote:
jayne Wrote:But you dont have to be part of the problem....I refuse to take narcs and drive....period it would be me that would have to live with the fact I took pain meds and caused an accident that harmed someone else....

Taking a narcotic is not a automatic pass to not working. If this was true, Half the Baby Boomer crowd would be unemployed.

they also drink but do time when involved in an accident....just because your Doc wrote you a scrip doesnt releave you of the responsiabilty of accidents cause by you driving while impared.....
And yes it is that high and yes I was declared disabled and you know what? if given the correct medical treatment early on I would most likely be back at a job I loved....
geez Freebird are you an adjuster from hell?
I am no adjusteer.Geez, I know nothing about you. The post was not even about you.

I also am totally disabled but I drive taken Narcotics with no Restrictions on my License.

I never questioned your disabilty; I questioned your reply about Narcotics, FCE as a whole concerning the OP.

If anyone is impaired they should not drive but that has to be a Doctors decision not a personal decision concerning employment, MMI and anyones future after the Doctor says you are MMI.

Don't be so judgemental.

DUI (driving under the influence) is a term that causes most people to think about someone who drives a vehicle after drinking alcohol. The same is true for the term DWI (drinking while intoxicated). When you hear these words you probably think about someone who is drunk driving.

You may not have thought or realized that these terms DUI, DWI can also refer to driving under the influence of either prescription or illegal or drugs. In fact, they can and do refer to a driver who is impaired (under the influence of) by prescription or illegal drugs, as well as alcohol. Very illegal and you will go to jail, or you better have a good DUI attorney handy

Toungue 
Smile
c0436 Wrote:
freebird Wrote:
jayne Wrote:But you dont have to be part of the problem....I refuse to take narcs and drive....period it would be me that would have to live with the fact I took pain meds and caused an accident that harmed someone else....

Taking a narcotic is not a automatic pass to not working. If this was true, Half the Baby Boomer crowd would be unemployed.

they also drink but do time when involved in an accident....just because your Doc wrote you a scrip doesnt releave you of the responsiabilty of accidents cause by you driving while impared.....
And yes it is that high and yes I was declared disabled and you know what? if given the correct medical treatment early on I would most likely be back at a job I loved....
geez Freebird are you an adjuster from hell?
I am no adjusteer.Geez, I know nothing about you. The post was not even about you.

I also am totally disabled but I drive taken Narcotics with no Restrictions on my License.

I never questioned your disabilty; I questioned your reply about Narcotics, FCE as a whole concerning the OP.

If anyone is impaired they should not drive but that has to be a Doctors decision not a personal decision concerning employment, MMI and anyones future after the Doctor says you are MMI.

Don't be so judgemental.

DUI (driving under the influence) is a term that causes most people to think about someone who drives a vehicle after drinking alcohol. The same is true for the term DWI (drinking while intoxicated). When you hear these words you probably think about someone who is drunk driving.

You may not have thought or realized that these terms DUI, DWI can also refer to driving under the influence of either prescription or illegal or drugs. In fact, they can and do refer to a driver who is impaired (under the influence of) by prescription or illegal drugs, as well as alcohol. Very illegal and you will go to jail, or you better have a good DUI attorney handy
It is simple enough to know if it is legal or not to operate a car while taking pain meds, ask a cop. I'm serious. But that should not be the end of it. I took my morphine and drove to p/t for a least 2 years,.
One day coming home in the snow, I saw a car coming at me, but he did not see me. Normally I would be able to get out of his way. This time I was too slow and he hit my car. After driving for almost 30yrs I sat down and sold my car and pleaded for rides to p/t and such.
Most people were not available to assist me, saying I seemed well enough while driving. But to me I learned a lesson, you may be able to drive not to get a ticket, but avoiding an accident can be a whole different story. Just my 2cents, Bernie
L shoulder torn 3.5" R shoulder damaged. Heart damage, carpal tunnel (L&R) cataplexy/narcolepsy, arthritis, hypoglycemic. +. Bernie

safety first....do not ever drink and drive or take drugs and drive..it just isnt safe...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Freebird, Just where did I ever say I used super human strength, or that I was ever addicted having to detox?

I didn't state an explanantion, but did state true facts as what taken place with me. If you don't like to read true facts from me, don't read my posts then. I have had a 3 level fusion, and it was later replaced after another injury with a 6 level fusion. I been in the w/c system since 2000, 2001. I spent years performing FCE's, and visiting IME's. I spent better then 2 years in PT, combined from the 1st injury to the 2nd injury. It you don't like what people have to say, read on, and make your own comments to the orig poster as I had done. I had not addressed anyone else in my post.

Freebird;
(((You performed a FCE? I am a little confused here.

May I ask what the results were from these 2 different FCE's from the Therapist who performed the FCE's pen?
I was found sedentary with restrictions after a T12 Corpectomy with a fusion from T11 - L1 and a Titanium cage with bolts and screws. T12 Vertebrate was sheered.

What prescription narcotics/drugs were you taken and what was the strength of these meds?

I am fairly sure that most who suffer from chronic pain knows that narcotics only alter the minds train of thought concerning pain hence chronic.

I am trying to understand the super human strength you obtained and also you saying you were addicted having to detox?

I have never heard a explanantion like this in my life.)))
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Freebird, Just where did I ever say I used super human strength, or that I was ever addicted having to detox?

Can you answer these questions?

.1 May I ask what the results were from these 2 different FCE's from the Therapist who performed the FCE's pen?

.2 What prescription narcotics/drugs were you taken and what was the strength of these meds?

I am fairly sure that most who suffer from chronic pain knows that narcotics only alter the minds train of thought concerning pain hence chronic.

I am trying to understand the super human strength you obtained and also you saying you were addicted having to detox?

I have never heard a explanantion like this in my life.)))

You said and I quote;
Note; Pain medications mask real pain, they take a sharp pain and dull it.

My True Proven EXAMPLE of and FCE on Pain Medications; I had performed several FCE's. When I did perform one of them, I was on Pain Medication that you just couldn't stop taking, and you must slowly get off them.[u] The results of my FCE this time while on those Pain medications, shown that I could perform at a very Heavy Duty work. Why? Because without knowing there were any real hard sharp pains, I pushed myself self through these task, and was very lucky I didn't do more damage to myself. I was in major pain after this FCE for a total of 3 months
. [/u]

slowly get off them = Detox
Being able to perform very heavy duty work= super human strength.
This is definition of what you said.
As far as bypassing your post, I enjoy reading and learning something "different" and you supplied that in this thread.
Sometimes we have to agree to disagree. Am I to believe that your answers are the final authority or just your opinion?
Have a nice day and God Bless America

Does taking prescription Narcotics automatically make someone a disabled individual?
Some say you cannot drive; Some say no one will hire you; Some say just stay home.
How does someone survive financially if they just stay at home?

well we darn near lost it all..but with the grace of God and a good Doc and lawyer we made it thru....My husband went back to work to early trying to save our home.He felt as you do we needed to survive and he had to work...he was reinjured and now disabled totally..Think long and hard about which is more important...as far as driving on narcs it is foolish....but again you make that decision...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

This has turned out to be an interesting discussion.

My point is this. I do not want to take meds. for the rest of my life. If I do a FCE while on meds.. My performance is based on me taking the meds.

My line of work is vary active and I am responcible for other people (workers). There is no way I can do my line of work while taking the meds.

I am sure I could be a door greeter at Walmart, but what kind of life would I be living. As many here know, I am going back to school to get a degree. I do not take my meds while at school and while studing. I have to balance my time with the pain. If all goes well I will return to the work force, but I will have my limitations so the pain does not kick my but.

As far as the FCE goes, I still say no medds before.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system.