Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FCE
But you dont have to be part of the problem....I refuse to take narcs and drive....period it would be me that would have to live with the fact I took pain meds and caused an accident that harmed someone else....

Taking a narcotic is not a automatic pass to not working. If this was true, Half the Baby Boomer crowd would be unemployed.

they also drink but do time when involved in an accident....just because your Doc wrote you a scrip doesnt releave you of the responsiabilty of accidents cause by you driving while impared.....
And yes it is that high and yes I was declared disabled and you know what? if given the correct medical treatment early on I would most likely be back at a job I loved....
geez Freebird are you an adjuster from hell?
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

i HAVE NEVER AND NEVER WILL TAKE MEDS. BEFORE A TEST.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

jayne Wrote:But you dont have to be part of the problem....I refuse to take narcs and drive....period it would be me that would have to live with the fact I took pain meds and caused an accident that harmed someone else....

Taking a narcotic is not a automatic pass to not working. If this was true, Half the Baby Boomer crowd would be unemployed.

they also drink but do time when involved in an accident....just because your Doc wrote you a scrip doesnt releave you of the responsiabilty of accidents cause by you driving while impared.....
And yes it is that high and yes I was declared disabled and you know what? if given the correct medical treatment early on I would most likely be back at a job I loved....
geez Freebird are you an adjuster from hell?
I am no adjusteer.Geez, I know nothing about you. The post was not even about you.

I also am totally disabled but I drive taken Narcotics with no Restrictions on my License.

I never questioned your disabilty; I questioned your reply about Narcotics, FCE as a whole concerning the OP.

If anyone is impaired they should not drive but that has to be a Doctors decision not a personal decision concerning employment, MMI and anyones future after the Doctor says you are MMI.

Don't be so judgemental.

AQA Wrote:i HAVE NEVER AND NEVER WILL TAKE MEDS. BEFORE A TEST.

Well, If you was me you would have or your WC pay would have ceased. Not a option for me and my families survivial.

I believe they want true results and that is what I help them get. We must keep in mind that the FCE is for the IC, the DR. and the patient.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

AQA Wrote:I believe they want true results and that is what I help them get. We must keep in mind that the FCE is for the IC, the DR. and the patient.

The true results would be with your meds because you take them 24/7 meaning they are a part of your life forever IMO

Taking or not taking meds prior to a test will not substantially effect the outcomes or report since the end result is a fairly broad classification; ie. it doesn't really matter if you can do something for 10 minutes or 30 minutes when placed in a functional category due to how the classification system is structured.

WHile I would argue that it's foolish not to take your regular medications as prescribed by your own Dr. ( since the goal of medication therapy is to maximize your function at minimal side effect level ) medications do not really allow patients to perform super human feats all of a sudden.

I don't know about your med pamphlets....but mine say.."This medicine will make you have a FALSE SENSE of feeling better" Do not overextend yourself, as meds will mask the problem or pain areas.
You can hurt yourself while taking pain meds if you aren't careful. Does your employment give a crap? Does WC or IC or FCE doctors give a crap?
NO.
You are expected back to work, good health or not. They are sick of paying you!

IMO....Don't take the meds prior to FCE.

Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Cycler Wrote:Taking or not taking meds prior to a test will not substantially effect the outcomes or report since the end result is a fairly broad classification; ie. it doesn't really matter if you can do something for 10 minutes or 30 minutes when placed in a functional category due to how the classification system is structured.
I totally agree with this. I do believe the FCE in realty is not a proper test of what you are capable of.
The Therapist who performs the FCE is certified in this area at least in Louisiana. HE/SHE inputs the info. they gather into a software program and your Job Classification is determined.

The worse thing a IW can do is refuse a FCE or try and fake their way through it. The Therapist will catch it.

My FCE was a 2 day event. While I disagreed with some of the final answers, I agreed with much of it. I was never asked to lift more than 20 lbs. I wound up being rated sedentary with restrictions.

After this they had me involved with a Voc. Rehab person for a year. Never applied for any jobs because my restrictions and education limited any possibilities to 0.
My Voc. Rehab person told me from the onset that No job would be available but we are all getting paid so lets go through the program,

This ended and 6 years later, I am still in the WC system getting paid weekly with benefits waiting on my MSA for approval by me and my Attorney then the MSA will be sent to CMS for Medicare approval. I have reached a front end cash settlement contingent on the FCE being approved by ALL parties before it is sent to CMS.

WHile I would argue that it's foolish not to take your regular medications as prescribed by your own Dr. ( since the goal of medication therapy is to maximize your function at minimal side effect level ) medications do not really allow patients to perform super human feats all of a sudden.
Exactly my thoughts also. Could not have said it better.

Lilly Wrote:I don't know about your med pamphlets....but mine say.."This medicine will make you have a FALSE SENSE of feeling better" Do not overextend yourself, as meds will mask the problem or pain areas.
You can hurt yourself while taking pain meds if you aren't careful. Does your employment give a crap? Does WC or IC or FCE doctors give a crap?
NO.
You are expected back to work, good health or not. They are sick of paying you!

IMO....Don't take the meds prior to FCE.

Lilly
Do you have work restrictions? I really struggle with the above suggestion of pain Mediciene will cause anyone to attempt things they know will harm them.
If someones pain meds are that strong and mind altering, I would tell my PM Doctor ASAP. Your cocktail of drugs need to be redone because pain meds are not suppose to do this.
I have been on pain meds over 3 years and I have never exceeded my limits because of medication.