Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSDI.. Are kids benefits taxable?
I finally received my first monthly benefit from SSDI today. I set it up to have taxes taken out. I filled out the form to have this done. I also have 2 kids that get monthly benefits. I didn't know if minor dependents had to pay taxes on this or not. Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

nope they dont....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

From what I Understand, and I'm on SSDI, and I have never Paid Taxes, as the Funds are Tax Exempt. Am I Missing Something??Wink

With my income now with SSDI and my wife's income we will go over the threshold for having to pay taxes. You can either have them take out 7,10,15,25% in taxes. I went for the 25% so I will not have a tax bill at the end of the year.

your childrens SSDI is not even put on your tax paperwork....

jayne, thanks for the information. That is great news for us.

yes we have 3 still at home...and always we take the kids forms from SSDI to our tax person and she gives them back and says they arent taxable....now ours gets taxed because of Bills 2 retirement checks.

Yes I figured we would owe on mine, as my wife works and with both income's I am sure they will tax it. So I took out the most you can take out so there will be no surprises at the end of the year.

Thanks for the Info. Hoosier, I Learned Something Today. I was always under the Understanding that even if Your Wife Works, Your SSDI Income is not Added as Taxable Income. It's good to know about this, My Brother-in-Law is a CPA and Corporate Tax Attorney, when I Speak with Him I will Mention it, but I'm Sure You are Correct! Thanks Again for the Info.!!Wink

(08-03-2009, 11:36 AM)Hoosier_Daddy Wrote: I finally received my first monthly benefit from SSDI today. I set it up to have taxes taken out. I filled out the form to have this done. I also have 2 kids that get monthly benefits. I didn't know if minor dependents had to pay taxes on this or not. Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

Good for you. I hope i can get mine too for my 3 kids. I have huge espenses especially that I am also paying for their baby sitting.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Welcoming Kids' Chance - Providing Scholarships to Children of Injured Workers admin 20 21,822 11-27-2018, 03:40 AM
Last Post: codetu
  SSDI Approved -Have Small Kids...Questions (CA) neckpain101 4 2,393 06-02-2016, 12:02 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Kids' Chance of NJ-NJ scholarship fund-Looking for kids to add to data base apepka 1 1,999 05-16-2015, 01:05 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Republicans Threaten SSDI benefits 1171 18 8,841 02-02-2015, 02:47 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Is money received while on Worman's Comp taxable or does it need to be reported? noblett@amaonline.com 8 11,466 01-14-2010, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Taxable Income Prunie 4 5,227 02-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Prunie
  Are W/C benefits taxable in kentucky/Indiana? cougarsden 2 8,214 11-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Last Post: cougarsden