Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 04-21-2015, 01:01 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fraud investigator WHY
07-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Fraud investigator WHY
Im in Calif hurt in oct 2008 My dr wont return me to work I have no fillin in right index or middle fingers and pain in right should and neck My employer has let me go They told wc they had fired me a week before i got hurt but was still working me till they could find someone else. I am really confused right now cause My best friend and her mom have been contacted by a fraud investigator and I dont know why there investigating me but I do know that mom and me have been argueing for the last year and the other day a investigator went to her house and she told alot of bull on me she was drunk and said alot of my passed you see I was a herion addict 15 years ago been clean ever since dont even drink alchole but at one time I wasnt the greatest person so now Mom has said she thinks I am lieing and told them about my passed my question is has anyone else been investigated by fraud and why now I was hurt a year ago.........WC has still been paying me and my depostion has been canceled 4 times always the day before the time and day and now that mom's not mad at me she fills bad and dosnt want to testify against me and she dosnt know what to do I do have a attorney sorry for all the misspelled words I have ADHD and quite school at a young age please some one help me Has any one else been through the Fraud investgation do they do This to alot of us Hurt people that is
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2009, 12:01 PM
RE: Fraud investigator WHY
Cowgirl
I have read your post and wow, your own mother..? What kind of restrictions did your DR give you, and have you stuck to them even at home.? Now we are not going to judge you ( I wont ) but obviously someone seen you do somthing or lied about you doing somthing and thats why they are investigating..........It is amazing sometimes that our past catches up and haunts you. We all have made a few errors in life we wish we could erase but reality is you cant........ But I aplaud you on being clean for that long......good job...

I wish you good luck and please----please keep us updated. This is how others like yourself can read and get answers. And really helps others understand............Bronco.........
07-21-2009, 12:15 PM
your past problems are not usually relevant to whether your current claim is legitimate.
make sure you keep your doctor advised correctly of your acitivities and whether they are restricted or not.
07-21-2009, 12:18 PM
Yea my own mother (well lady that raised me after mom died when I was 12)my best friend her daughter isnt talking to her at all now and I dont like all this and now she wishes she could take it back
Any ways I am driving myself crazy and dont know how to get through this I have lost 15 lbs in 8 days and Im only 128 and 5" tall as the tears are falling know does WC in ca do aLOT OF FRAUD Investigation or is this out of the norm I truley am driving myself and ever one around me crazy will my passed addiction be used against me what or were do I go from here When thgis happened I couldnt use right arm at all but that is getting better but my fingers rae still numb and I have a tendian that runs from my thumb to my index that is hard and bulges are they going to believe her nad arrest me at depostion what happens from here do you know thank you fro the reply It really measn alot to me for some one to hear me out thank you alot hope you have a awesome day Tongue

bronco54501 Wrote:Cowgirl
I have read your post and wow, your own mother..? What kind of restrictions did your DR give you, and have you stuck to them even at home.? Now we are not going to judge you ( I wont ) but obviously someone seen you do somthing or lied about you doing somthing and thats why they are investigating..........It is amazing sometimes that our past catches up and haunts you. We all have made a few errors in life we wish we could erase but reality is you cant........ But I aplaud you on being clean for that long......good job...

I wish you good luck and please----please keep us updated. This is how others like yourself can read and get answers. And really helps others understand............Bronco.........
07-21-2009, 12:24 PM
1171 Wrote:your past problems are not usually relevant to whether your current claim is legitimate.
make sure you keep your doctor advised correctly of your acitivities and whether they are restricted or not.

Thank you for the reply I have keeped my dr up on everything and he is on my side he says tehre is defintly a problem and I am hurt and teh other thing is I was going to physical therepy and it started helping then they decided I didnt need any more My dr has been arguing back and forth telling them I do That I was making progress but they WC Dr seem to think they know more then my dr that has known me for 3 yrs he was my dr before injury so what are they going to do to me at the depo is my ex employer going to be there? if they had any thing on me wouldnt they quite paying me ? if I was frauding would they keep paying sorry for all the questions but I read alot of your reply and think your very smart and like al your reply seems like your on top of all this bull thank you again for your time
07-21-2009, 12:49 PM
OK first take a deep breath...........let it out .............now congrats on being clean for 15 years that speaks loads on your strength......now as long as you stay within your Docs restrictions you will be ok...........will they fight you yeppers they will try but you have been clean 15 years what judge would take a drunks word over someone who has conquered what you have....listenen to your Doc and your lawyer and just get well

........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......
07-21-2009, 01:50 PM
no, the employer will not generally attend a deposition.
they will want a detailed accounting of your prior medical history.
---you might want to write down doctors names and dates now and have it ready.
they will want your story in your own words of what happened at work and where you've sought treatment.
they will want an accounting of your general daily activities.
they will want your work history.--- again prepared names and dates beforehand can help.
more help on what happens at a deposition
http://hurtworker.com/english/deposition.htm

no they can't stop paying benefits until they go to court.

you can find out more about work comp in california
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/iwguides.html
07-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Good Luck and you must be a strong person . Did you fill out an incident report ? In Connecticut we also fill out a form 30 I believe its called . Your past should not matter they just like to invade your privacy hoping to discourage us to fight for our rights . I was injured on May 9th and found out I need major neck surgery . As soon as they found out I needed neck surgery they started a investigation I was told my entire floor was questioned . I had an informal hearing and I have no idea what that acomplished , but I assume I will find out soon . I was asked crazy questions about my mental health . I have generalized anxiety . They questioned why I saw a plastic surgeon . Most of these questions had nothing to do with my neck . I never found out what they found out in their investigation which is what the deposition was for . You have a lawyer right ? Keep all your medical info. Listen to your lawyer and be proud of you recovery stand tall look them in the eye and answer proudly of your battle that most people can't beat . If you were hurt at work regardless of reasons workmans comp is supposed to be " No fault " Unless it involved drugs or alcohol . If you ever had to prove you were clean testing a lock of your hair will give the best results plus it tells what drugs you did or didn't do for a certain amount of years . Not sure of years , but if needed your Dr . or attorney may need to travel that avenue . If your mother said all those awful things the bottom line is she was not there . Good luck . I am a nurse in Ct .
07-22-2009, 07:40 AM
..FYi - a positive drug test does not imply impairment, unlike alcohol breathalyzer, but many states ( most) WC systems operate under a rebuttable presumption of impairment law on a positive test.

Hair testing is not much help since it looks back two weeks prior then about one month per inch so will not indicate any recent use.
07-22-2009, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2009 09:28 AM by capricorn.)

Hi cowgirl ........ Sorry you are going through this. CONGRATULATIONS! on being clean and sober. Don't let anyone take that away from you. I have never been investigated but I have a very close friend who was. Unless the state has reason to they won't. Someone , possible your employer??? made a call and alerted the authorities that you have used in the past, maybe even lied and said you are using now. That would start and investigation. Possible your employer or someone else just put a feather in the cap of the Attorney General's office in CA and started this whole investigation. If you were hurt at work, you truly have an injury documented medically and tell the truth about all, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. There will be an investigation that will slow things up BUT if you are honest all the investigation will do is delay things. Try to be calm, I know that's easy for me to say, but try. What is your injury> Shoulder or neck or both.

God is never late.

In the end it doesn't matter how many years were in your life but how much life was in your years.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fraud With Insurance Company Prescription Medications Scaffoldrider 1 1,091 08-05-2014 07:05 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Workmans comp investigator home visit pdw55 3 1,448 05-09-2014 07:46 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Fraud Question ghughes3939 1 948 06-18-2013 02:11 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Workers Compensation Fraud Brennanlw 2 2,540 12-20-2012 10:35 PM
  Corruption in CA-fraud & coercion-pressured Shocked 0 1,061 06-23-2012 01:00 AM
Last Post: Shocked
  Kansas State Board of Healing Arts has signed an investigator in complaint Bummer Knees 0 3,043 03-07-2011 12:05 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  field investigator? lostinspace 19 8,814 09-27-2010 10:56 PM
Last Post: Wink
  accussed of fraud by disgruntled sister inlaw laurasunshine 59 18,274 07-20-2010 02:10 PM
Last Post: laurasunshine
  Work Comp Fraud laws apply to Employers as well... 1171 2 6,159 05-18-2010 12:35 PM
Last Post: Regrets
  Reporting Carrier/Employer Fraud 1171 24 13,275 03-30-2010 05:04 PM