Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Hello There, Guest! Register

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Won SSDI case. How long now until the check comes??
06-27-2009, 09:47 PM,
Won SSDI case. How long now until the check comes??
Hi all, I won my case on June 24th for SSDI. What I was wondering was how long does it take to get your backpay and first monthly check? Thanks for all the help in this room!!!!
06-27-2009, 11:13 PM,
Smile  RE: Won SSDI case. How long now until the check comes??
Good for you!!!

When I got my SSDI they called to tell me that I was approved on a Monday afternoon. At that time they made applications for my kids and my wife. I faxed them a copy of my WC Settlement papers the next day. The money was direct deposited on Friday night of that same week for all of our backpay and the next month we got the regular amount. It took 2 months to get our approval letters.

I'm not sure how long it takes if you win at a hearing. Did they take info on your family members?
I hope everything goes well from here on out. I sure slept better at night after my approval.
06-28-2009, 03:08 AM,
RE: Won SSDI case. How long now until the check comes??
I personally don't know. In my case, I got the first check in the mail before I got the letter saying I was approved. I would think that it would not take to long and the first check will be for your monthly ckeck and the back pay.

Take Care
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. Jesus died for our sins. Soilders died for our freedom.
06-28-2009, 12:19 PM,
I also cannot answer your question on "How long"? But I recieved my money for SSD long before I got the awards letter. My bet is...it shouldn't be more than a week or two, but I'm just guessing.

Congrats on receiving your award! I hope it helps make life more livable and less stressful!

LillyBig Grin
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!
06-28-2009, 02:31 PM,
we also got our check a week before we got the award letter
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

06-28-2009, 02:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2009, 02:38 PM by littlenurse54.)
Hoosier_Daddy Wrote:Hi all, I won my case on June 24th for SSDI. What I was wondering was how long does it take to get your backpay and first monthly check? Thanks for all the help in this room!!!!
I live in Louisiana. I applied mid May and was approved in 3 1/2 weeks. recieved award letter 2 weeks later stating I will recieve my first check in July (according to my birthday which fall the last of the month) and will recieve the check on the fourth wednesday of each month. so it will take 6 weeks total before I recieve my frist check but had my birthday fallen earlier in july I would have gotten it sooner.
06-28-2009, 05:47 PM,
I haven't applied yet. I was told that I should wait until after my birthday to apply, but in the meantime I'm doing some research and getting all my ducks in a row for applying.

I understand that you can call you DE (Disability Examiner) at any time to find out info about your claim. Maybe it would help get the check written quicker if you do call to follow up.

Question: If anyone knows? I was off intermittently since Feb. 2006. The longest period of time I was off work was for 15 consecutive months. When I was released, I made it a full 9 months before I couldn't work anymore. Now, when I do apply, will any of this be taken into consideration?
Let Go, and Let God......
06-28-2009, 06:10 PM,
Chris,

I don't believe that they will take it into consideration as far as to how far back they will take your disability. But will take it into consideration as to your disabilities. I have been out of work since August 26, 2008, and in a letter I just received from our local office, they aren't going to consider that my disability date. Instead they want to use June 16th, the day that they got my application. I am hoping that with the medical files that I am taking them on Monday, that they will go back to August last year. I have well over 2000 pages of records. As well as the cd's that show all of my x-rays and MRI's. But they are going to have to copy it all, as I won't leave there without it all back in my possession.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open
06-28-2009, 06:33 PM,
Thanks Angel. I have tons of stuff too! That is why I am thinking to just have a comprehensive list of doctors with their phone numbers, fax numbers, and dates seen. I will, however, provide all my recent medical history records and work status reports.

Take care!
Let Go, and Let God......
06-28-2009, 07:14 PM,
while I had been on disabilty over 2 years collecting TTD the date the Doc put me at MMI was the date the SSDI used as my start date.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Case done. When does check come. stonch1 1 2,274 07-31-2012, 04:00 AM
Last Post: lizdawiz82
  Filing for SSDI soon after a WC case is over with? borninabarn1 29 13,680 07-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Signing Papers how long to get a check? Cookiecrum 7 8,704 03-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Cookiecrum