• Please excuse our dust
  • We are continuing the redesign of our forums
  • We'll get there eventually!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claim Time Limit
I fell off a roof at work about 9 months ago and injured both knees and an ankle. I took a day off work and have worked through the pain since.

After recently going to the doctor about the pain and instability of my knees I have learned that there is extensive damage.

Is it too late to file a claim?
did you report the accident or fill out an accident report? While I cant help you on time limits if you will put your state down someone will come along that can...as each state is different
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

california workers have a year to file.
No I didn't file a report with the office but everyone knew about the fall. I was persuaded by one of the owners not to file because the company was new and the rates would go up if I did. I had only been working for 1 week and feared I would loose my job if I did.
I live in Michigan.
Also, when I apporached my boss about filing now, he said that the time had run out and I was not eligible.
Go to the top of this page and click on 'info by state" and look up Michigan law on how long you have to file. All states are different. Be sure of everything yourself. In cases like this your employer is very rarely on your side. Best of luck.
"Section 381 of the Act requires that the employee give his or her employer notice of an injury within 90 days after the injury or within 90 days after the employee knew or should have known of the injury. If the worker fails to give such notice, however, the employer does not escape responsibility unless it can show that it was somehow harmed by the worker’s failure to give notice.
Section 381 also requires that a worker must make a claim for compensation benefits within two years after the injury. The claim to the employer need not be in writing, but as discussed above, there are good reasons why it should be. In the vast majority of cases, the claim is made with the employer. The law, however, does provide the alternative that a worker can make a claim by filing it in writing with the agency on a form available from the agency."

Your boss is trying to weasle out of the responsibility. File the claim!

Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!
Delayed or denied medical treatment of the knees may lead to a chain of other medical problems.

That is what happened to me.

Please take care of yourself and get the medical attenion you need.

Bummer Knees

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  45 days past 10 day limit to pay award villui 10 2,062 05-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Last Post: villui
  CA - Reopen Claim, Time Limit SickOfTheProcess 8 3,566 10-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  NH time limit for submiting mileage ? woodwolf 8 5,443 06-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Last Post: woodwolf
  Will I jeopardize my workers compensation claim if I file a personal injury claim for wanttowork 3 12,477 03-27-2011, 02:07 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Time limit for treatment annkaren 1 2,720 12-20-2010, 03:46 AM
  time limit mcorey2010 5 3,577 10-27-2010, 03:44 PM
Question Calif. monetary award limit David55 5 11,634 03-25-2010, 02:16 AM
Last Post: yankee530
  Time or payment limit on Compensation tpm 1 3,691 03-24-2010, 09:58 PM
  Time limit for WC sparkey 8 4,923 03-05-2010, 01:46 AM
Last Post: fireball
  is there a set time limit to decide a workers comp case after both sides have closed jd9109 1 7,928 08-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Last Post: capricorn