Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
But You Don't Look Sick.......
This is a story worth reading if you are a chronic pain sufferer. Substitute "Lupus" for whatever you have; i.e.: fibromyalgia, RSD, MS.
It's worth the read. The article was sent to me, and it has touched my heart because I hide out rather than having to encounter people.

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/naviga...Theory.pdf
Let Go, and Let God......

Thanks,
I think we can all relate to this, but there is many that dont understand. But deep down we are the ones to suffer if we dont try to explain. I myself have lost a good friend because of his own selfishness not willing to understand.......... Truely no great loss I know I would have been there for him..

Chris... I don't know what to say. This person described my life to a "t" I learned a long time ago, that my life is about conscious choices. I do not have the luxury to just do it. I do believe this is the most difficult part for my family. Thanks for the story. Love Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Wonderful Chris. Thank -you.Smile

You are welcome. I'm not working now, but I did return to work and it lasted 9 months. Each passing day it became harder and harder. When I tried to explain to a co-worker that I had to get up at 4:30 a.m. in order to get to work on time, I was looked at like I was crazy. It was so hard, but I tried and did the best I could; but it wasn't good enough for them.

Off to a psych appt. so I'll check back later. Tongue Tongue
Let Go, and Let God......

I would Love to Read this Article, but for Some Reason, My Laptop won't Load it, but I'm Sure it was Very Informative, from the Responses given!! I'll Keep Trying, and Thanks as always for Great Info. Chris!!Wink

Chris,
Thanks for sharing this article. I read it and it reminds me so much of myself. People always tell me you look wonderful and you don't look sick. How familiar those words are to me. I am happy I was able to read this because I may resort to using the Spoon Theory as I have never been able to explain to people what I really go through each day of life. This author really has it summed up real good. All I do when people say you look great is thank them and move on. Even family members do not understand. People think because you might look good you should feel good and in the real world with people like us we know that is so far from the truth. Again, thanks for sharing this with us. God Bless you.

Cajun Hugsssssssssssss,
MJC
Lumbar Laminectomy L5 - S1, Lumbar Disectomy L 4 -5, Cervical Microdisectomy C-4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 5 - 6, Lumbar Disectomy, Laminectomy and Foraminotmy L 3 - 4, Cryo Surgery Lumbar. --Ongoing Problems.. Permanently Totally Disabled.

Still in Limbo Wrote:I would Love to Read this Article, but for Some Reason, My Laptop won't Load it, but I'm Sure it was Very Informative, from the Responses given!! I'll Keep Trying, and Thanks as always for Great Info. Chris!!Wink

Still,

Here is a link to another site that carries the same genre of the story. I first heard this over 20 months ago when my Dr first brought up RSD.

http://www.rsdhope.org/Showpage.asp?PAGE...CT_ID=2916

Angel ^j^ [/color][/size][/font]
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

That explaination really "hits home".
Sad, but so true.

Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Thanks UA,I do Remember Reading this a while Back, and Thanks Again Chris for Adding it, a lot of People will get Help from this Thread!!Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sick again..!! bronco54501 9 3,509 02-10-2013, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Debradough
  Been sick 4 months lucky 11 3,128 01-31-2013, 03:48 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Sick the first day of camping bodybuilder1958 2 1,627 09-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Sick leave bodybuilder1958 1 1,951 11-29-2011, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  My poor sick kitty bodybuilder1958 1 1,739 03-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Last Post: jayne