Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Hello There, Guest! Register

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hernia Surgery
05-29-2009, 01:05 PM,
Hernia Surgery
I just had Inguinal Hernia surgery on 5/21/09. I was hurt on the job on 5/14/09. They approved me right away for surgery. It must have been obvious to them by the doctors reports. My question is how much money should I be looking for in the settlement. I do not want to get a lawyer yet because I dont need one yet, but Im not opposed to getting one. Ive had to deal with this type of thing before with a lawyer and it went fine. I had back surgery in '06 and was on this forum all the time. All help on this matter will be greatly appreciated
05-29-2009, 01:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2009, 01:31 PM by Bad Boy Bad Boy.)
RE: Hernia Surgery
You have a chance of getting no money. If there are no disabilities in the end. And no restrictions after time goes on.

Why is money a factor, if you get back to 100% better?

Why not think of healing properly and getting better before you would even think money?

There isn't always a money settlement.

Pain and suffering isn't part of Work Comp like it is in Personell Injury.

The work comp Insurance doesn't even have to offer a money settlement.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
05-29-2009, 01:34 PM,
Just wondering someone said I was entitled to a settlement
05-29-2009, 01:51 PM,
carl5138 Wrote:Just wondering someone said I was entitled to a settlement

What state?
05-29-2009, 01:56 PM,
Illinois
05-29-2009, 02:49 PM,
Bad Boy is Giving You Very Good Advice, and I Agree, Money is not worth a thing without Your Health, and if You Heal 100%, the w/c System and the Ins. Co. have done Their Job, there is no Visible Scar, (Such as on the Face or Neck) so there will Probably be no Settlement. At the Top of this Forum there is a Section Entitled "Info. by State", I'm in Pa. and citing what I Understand the w/c System to be, but Your State May Be Different. I Hope You Heal Soon, and Your Pain is Minimal!!Wink
07-01-2011, 02:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2011, 02:23 AM by venus113878.)
(05-29-2009, 02:49 PM)Still in Limbo Wrote: Bad Boy is Giving You Very Good Advice, and I Agree, Money is not worth a thing without Your Health, and if You Heal 100%, the w/c System and the Ins. Co. have done Their Job, there is no Visible Scar, (Such as on the Face or Neck) so there will Probably be no Settlement. At the Top of this Forum there is a Section Entitled "Info. by State", I'm in Pa. and citing what I Understand the w/c System to be, but Your State May Be Different. I Hope You Heal Soon, and Your Pain is Minimal!!Wink

So, just because the hernia surgery gets better for the moment, you think there would be no settlement??? What if the hernia re-occurs, which is very likely, and you no longer work for that company??? I'm thinking this is a big part of the reason for a pay out, not just how well you feel or heal after surgery.
07-15-2013, 03:45 PM,
I have the same question because mine did reoccur and if I gain 40lbs or get pregnant I would have to have the same surgery again for the third or fourth time.

So, just because the hernia surgery gets better for the moment, you think there would be no settlement??? What if the hernia re-occurs, which is very likely, and you no longer work for that company??? I'm thinking this is a big part of the reason for a pay out, not just how well you feel or heal after surgery.
[/quote]

07-15-2013, 03:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-15-2013, 04:23 PM by 1171.)
then it would not be work related and not covered by workers comp.
work comp coverage only extends to a specific date of injury; it does not cover you or any part of your body.
it's not health insurance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Construction Workers' Comp Hernia BentSpace 3 6,524 05-14-2013, 09:50 PM
Last Post: 1171
  No Insurance, hernia, working, Illinois brodg 3 4,930 04-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Last Post: 1171
Sad Dislocated knee cap and ingunal hernia its_rob 5 4,311 09-25-2009, 12:02 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  pre-existing hernia thomas* 8 9,568 05-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy