Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
re-open old claim?
I was involved in an accident several years ago. I have always had minor back issues since I was young but this accident really aggravated the whole thing and I believe that I need to go through some chiropractic care and maybe even some type of operation. They put a rod in my left leg and I have a lot of discomfort where the screws are at. Any way I don`t know how to proceed and any advice would be appreciated.
We need more details. What state, when was the original injury, did you file a claim at the time, how long since last treatment?
aggravations are considered new injuries. if this accident was related to your employment you can file new claim. the message at the top of the board asks that you post your state -- you did not do that.
kate Wrote:We need more details. What state, when was the original injury, did you file a claim at the time, how long since last treatment?

I am in Texas. The original injury was February of 1999. I did file a claim at the time. The last treatment was probably 10 months later. it seems that I was told that if I did not sign away my rights, then they would have to help me with anything stemming from the injury.
I am having difficulty with your post. It is probably from my meds.

Are you saying that you were injured back in 1999, have not had any treat except for ten months after that and are now having some more difficulties???? I am just trying to understand, that all. Also, the rod and screws, are they related to the injury in 1999????

It is true that in Texas, medical for the injury is for life. I do not know when that law went into effect. Further more, there would need to be some type of connection made between the intial injury and what is going on now.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 
you'll need a persuasive medical opinion that in fact your current problems are directly caused by what happened 10 years ago and not anything that's occurred since. your own opinion won't be enough.
once you have such evidence go ahead and file with the texas comp court.
I have an old injury - and needed treatment. When I called TWC they said I could go to my treating doctor at any time and did not need approval. So, with that being said I believe you can go to whoever your treating doctor was at the time of injury and be seen at any time. (Wish I would have know that for the last 10 years of pain that I have been in.) My problem was that when I tried to go see my TD he was out of business so I had to get everything approved! Hope this helps!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  being forced to keep medical open migv1959 6 1,308 12-02-2016, 12:14 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Re-Open @ SJDB Shadow 4 904 11-21-2016, 05:28 PM
Last Post: 1171
  open medical pros and cons freebird 22 24,425 12-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Last Post: rolandlaw
  Petition To Re Open Shadow 12 3,576 10-29-2015, 01:42 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  re-open settled case Babebahn 8 4,094 08-27-2015, 01:45 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Open medical question Manley2 13 7,360 04-02-2015, 08:42 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Settled with open medical, need advice bronco54501 7 4,426 04-02-2015, 08:38 PM
Last Post: 1171
  1171-When Can You Re-Open case Babebahn 6 3,539 01-19-2014, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Babebahn
Rolleyes OWCP open claim against Scheduled award with USPS kacy257 3 4,028 08-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Last Post: 1171
  C&R vs. Open Medical BamaJ 2 3,096 08-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Last Post: 1171

Forum Jump:

Browsing: 1 Guest(s)