Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need ER can I go on workman's comp
Ok Hollywoodyed......How are you doing ? Better I pray, and in less pain too!

Call several cert. wc lawyers and choose one off the list after you ask all your questions to them. Choose one from reccommendations of other injured workers, friends, word of mouth, or just your gut feeling. If you call them, ask your questions and see what they say. Normally you will not be charged for this service UNTIL you sign papers with an attorney....he gets his payment from a percentage of the monies he obtains for you....thats' how they are paid. There are no retainers to pay.
I wish you luck, and speedy recovery, so you may get on with life! LillySmile
Please let us know how you are feeling....we do care.
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Lilly Wrote:Ok Hollywoodyed......How are you doing ? Better I pray, and in less pain too!

Call several cert. wc lawyers and choose one off the list after you ask all your questions to them. Choose one from reccommendations of other injured workers, friends, word of mouth, or just your gut feeling. If you call them, ask your questions and see what they say. Normally you will not be charged for this service UNTIL you sign papers with an attorney....he gets his payment from a percentage of the monies he obtains for you....thats' how they are paid. There are no retainers to pay.
I wish you luck, and speedy recovery, so you may get on with life! LillySmile
Please let us know how you are feeling....we do care.

thank you so much it is nice to know I have a place to turn if only to release some frustration. I have a follow-up appt today with the appointed clinic, not sure if I will see a PA,DO or MD it is kind of luck of the draw when you go in. I hope to find out too if they have received auth to obtain an MRI. The pain remains constant but not at crisis levels at this moment because I rested all weekend, but boy if I start doing too much my back and hip let me know it. So I cannot be lulled into a false sense of thinking I can go run along the beaches anytime soon even though I really would like to. So once I see what happens at the clinic today I will come home and research some legal advice. Thank you again for caring. Thank all on here for caring.

Well, just got back from the WC clinic appt. Still not seen by a MD was seen by another PA. The PA stated to keep taking my medications, keep Physical Therapy appt scheduled this week and be seen in the clinic next week. I told her about my employer still trying to put me in job situations that may violate my 20# lifting restriction. The PA stated that it is the employer's responsibility to abide by the restrictions that they put into place and did not change anything on the report other than they are still waiting for authorization to obtain a MRI from the employer's insurance company. The PA stated I can see that you are in obvious discomfort, but we have to wait for authorization. So the saga continues as well as the pain.

seems as if you need a really aggressive lawyer to nip at their heals a bit....maybe take a bite outa someones hiney to get things moving...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

jayne Wrote:seems as if you need a really aggressive lawyer to nip at their heals a bit....maybe take a bite outa someones hiney to get things moving...

yes unfortunately I think that I will have to resolve to that option.
thank you

no problem....many wait till they can wait no longer and hire the first one they see....interview several...ask how long to get call backs......and are they willing to be agressive or laid back......do they have docs they know to help you and wait for payment...how long have they been doing WC...and most important are you comfortable with him/her....you dont want to be someones first case....you want a call back within 24 hours or faster but understand this if they are good they are busy.....so find out if you will be dealing with the lawyer or his paralegal......ask around .....any one you know needed a WC lawyer? were they happy with him...

Ok I just received in the mail a letter from the employer's WC insurance company requesting medical record history. 1st of all they spelled my last name wrong so is it still legal? 2nd it says name and address of any doctor(s) that have treated me for any and all prior injuries or impairments. Is that limited to only injuries or impairments or does that include childbirth, hysterectomy, I&D of an abdominal abscess, viral syndrome? those are not injuries or impairments but illnesses and regular surgeries. So do I put my whole life history? I really have not had any substantial injuries or impairments that I can recall. Plus is this going to delay them authorizing a MRI and paying my benefits? This could take forever and I will be more in debt and living on the streets with no income what so ever coming in. I am really starting to worry here. Plus the letter is dated 5/20/09 today is 5/26/09 it was mailed from a city 12 miles from me so even with the holiday how did it take so long to be delivered? I looked up california labor code 4663(d) it states: (d) An employee who claims an industrial injury shall, upon request, disclose all previous permanent disabilities or physical impairments

that being said it says disclose permanent disabilities or physical impairments well other than the above mentioned I have none so what do I disclose?

Help getting no answers what do I disclose on the past medical history? Does this delay me getting wage benefits while they wait for information? That could take awhile to receive. Help I am in panic mode here

I wrote on my paperwork....anything pertaining to injured part of body.....but I didnt feel,my labor and delievery was any of their business

It seems that every State has there own rules & regs.
I live in Upstate, NY. I tore the L rotator cuff and the
pain was off the charts. However in June 2005, The insurance co had to give permission for a MRI as it was over $500. I waited 8 months for approval, the tear was 3.5"L. But now they changed the law to the cost of $1,000. If the MRI, ect. costs under a grand no need to wait for permission. Do you do home care? If so, remind the company that you cannot use your first aid or CPR skills. That could put you in a really nasty position. Do not play nice, I did, my WC is still in review, and it just hit the 4yr mark. Stay strong, Feel better.
Bernie
L shoulder torn 3.5" R shoulder damaged. Heart damage, carpal tunnel (L&R) cataplexy/narcolepsy, arthritis, hypoglycemic. +. Bernie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Questions about workman’s comp Lifeupsidedown 2 538 01-06-2018, 05:33 PM
Last Post: 1171
Cool Workman's Comp Injury majsflas 4 5,088 03-05-2015, 11:19 PM
Last Post: majsflas
  Workman's comp pay reduced/terminated cjeanette 7 5,379 11-08-2014, 10:59 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  MD workman's comp hurtinginMD 13 16,550 05-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Scooter123
  Workman's Comp Dr is trying to deny me treatment PembrokePercy 5 4,641 04-27-2014, 02:24 PM
  Vacation/Sick Time Accrual During Workman's Comp Leave msyentah188 1 8,230 04-05-2014, 01:33 PM
  Fired while on workman comp in New york city olimpiot 3 6,481 11-13-2013, 03:57 PM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  A few Workman's Comp questions from me in MASS! Chris98 3 4,179 11-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Chris98
  Help me, Workman's comp question lxlive500 1 6,643 06-24-2011, 10:46 AM
  Workman comp checks janiebeans 2 5,527 05-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Manley2