Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need ER can I go on workman's comp
When I was going to PT and having pain in my hand because of the PT I called my PM doctor and told them that I could not go to PT that day because it was causing me more pain. They told me not to go that day and to set up an appointment to visit my PM doctor and then they had PT only do massage for awhile instead of the strong hard pushing and pulling with my bad hand that they were doing as it was only making my hand worse. It was also good that I did that instead of just not showing up for PT as that would of also not looked good for not being there for my PT appointment.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Update, did not go to ER was afraid of messing up the workman's comp. Did not want to get sucked in by some loop hole that the employer could use against me. Asked for 2nd opinion was set up with an appt with an MD in the same medical group different location. However; when I got there I was seen by a D.O. not an MD he walked in saw how I was sitting and by that made his diagnosis. He did do another regular xray which of course did not show fracture but a regular xray is not necessarily going to show other abnormalities. He ordered a steroid injection told me to do some exercises and to continue PT and sent me on my way and said to come back in a week. But he also wrote return to work 20 pound weight restriction. Well now what I am suppose to do? I am still in great pain, no answers as to why and suppose to return to work? Of course my employer has not informed me as to whether or not they even have work for me that allow for restrictions. So I remain in pain and limbo.

I would follow the drs. orders. If your employer does not have any light duty work for you. I would tell the dr. that on the follow up visit. Also, I would request that the dr. look further into my medical condition.

Drs. are going to use conservitive treatment measures at first. If the condition does not improve, then they will look at using other diagnostic measures to see whats going on.

Take Care
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

thank you, I will do as I am told. I do not agree but will comply because I do not have any other choice but to do so. I wish that one did not feel so threatened and controlled by workmans's comp. Afterall, I was in the middle of performing my duties for my employer when I was hurt in a blink of an eye so why do I now feel like I am being punished. It is bad enough that I am in pain and no where to turn, and my only means of income has been compromised as well all in the name of being a devoted employee. I did ask the dr about other diagnostic testing and he said " if there is no improvement we might look at other options, but trust me right now" quote unquote

AQA Wrote:I would follow the drs. orders. If your employer does not have any light duty work for you. I would tell the dr. that on the follow up visit. Also, I would request that the dr. look further into my medical condition.

Drs. are going to use conservitive treatment measures at first. If the condition does not improve, then they will look at using other diagnostic measures to see whats going on.

Take Care

Latest Update: I called to make an appt at the assigned WC clinic because my pain level has raised again to near 10/10. In the mean while the office scheduler called and said " I hear you are released to work with just a lifting restriction so we want you to do this patient assigment today. Out of the blue no communication from my employer that I per their policy/procedure can work with restrictions and that I am guaranteed not to be put in a situation where I might violate my lifting restriction of not more than 20 pounds. Nor how many hours per week I could work, nothing nada zilch. I informed her that as much as I would like to I could not at this time and I had an appt this afternoon. I then get an email from the HR rep stating that they only follow what the MD orders say nothing more and consider myself contacted for work. I have yet to be seen by a MD I have been seen by 2 PA's, PT and a D.O. so what MD orders? I went to my appt today was seen by a PA who seemed genuinely concerned over my increasing pain. She ordered for another steroid injection which I received and sent off to obtain authorization for a Lumbar MRI but with the holiday weekend it probably would not be obtained until next week. She told me to go home rest as much as possible, take my medications as ordered and await a call about the MRI appt and I was to return to the clinic next Tuesday. She said if your employer cannot guarantee your 20 pound lifting restriction then I am not to work. So I sent a copy of the report and all of the pertinent information to my employer. I am awaiting a response. Do I need to consult a lawyer? I am usually easy going easy to get along with and play by the rules of the job, but I feel that they are not looking at the total picture and are putting me and my patients at risk not to mention that I am taking Norflex, and Vicodin and double strength Naprosyn isn't that a liability? All input welcome. I want to do what is right by my employer but I want to what is right by me and my patients as well. Thank you

I cannot believe it I am half asleep and have taken my muscle relaxer and vicodin and my phone rings it is the administrator leaves a voice message wanting me to go see a patient tonight. She says "there won't be any lifting involved" Well one I just took my meds so can anybody say liability 2. I still have not received anything official telling me I can work for my company with restrictions and 3. I am not suppose to be on call? What is my recourse here? Not to mention that I was just finally getting a little rest now everything is agitated and hurting again. What are my rights here, what part of I am in pain and have work restrictions don't they understand? They seem to just ignore my concerns and want to put me, my WC claim, and my patients at risk.

Dazed and Confused in California. what if during the trials and tribulations of waiting for WC benefits and not working etc I can nolonger afford to live here because rent/bills cannot be paid, cannot afford groceries and the wolves start howling and pawing at the door? What if I need to move to another state to live with relatives how does that effect my case? Afraid that all will be lost all in the name of doing my job.

Have you contacted an attorney yet??? Sounds to me like you need one!!!

fencer11 Wrote:Have you contacted an attorney yet??? Sounds to me like you need one!!!

Not yet, the more I read on this forum the more I believe it would be a good idea. Not sure on how to go about finding the right lawyer that is trustworthy and will do my case justice no pun intended.

hollywoodyed

If you will go to the top of this page under yellow pages there is a list of attornys you may select from.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Questions about workman’s comp Lifeupsidedown 2 677 01-06-2018, 05:33 PM
Last Post: 1171
Cool Workman's Comp Injury majsflas 4 5,565 03-05-2015, 11:19 PM
Last Post: majsflas
  Workman's comp pay reduced/terminated cjeanette 7 5,869 11-08-2014, 10:59 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  MD workman's comp hurtinginMD 13 17,103 05-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Scooter123
  Workman's Comp Dr is trying to deny me treatment PembrokePercy 5 4,869 04-27-2014, 02:24 PM
  Vacation/Sick Time Accrual During Workman's Comp Leave msyentah188 1 9,054 04-05-2014, 01:33 PM
  Fired while on workman comp in New york city olimpiot 3 6,733 11-13-2013, 03:57 PM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  A few Workman's Comp questions from me in MASS! Chris98 3 4,303 11-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Chris98
  Help me, Workman's comp question lxlive500 1 6,729 06-24-2011, 10:46 AM
  Workman comp checks janiebeans 2 5,655 05-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Manley2