Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 04-18-2015, 09:09 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
unemployment issue nys
05-15-2009, 09:12 AM
RE: unemployment issue nys
here is the thing my employer had my restrictions they knew what my job consisted of they only offerd me my job that came no where near to what my restriction are.i am only able to do light duty not my job title they screwed themselves by not offering any job that fell within my restrictions.it clearly said in the 4 letters they sent me that they felt i can return to my job title the one my dr and the ime said i can no longer do,if they offerd me light duty i would have takken it they didnt.i too am able to work but only at a light duty with restrictions so i dont see why i cant get it. i go today to look at my unemployment case file to get info for my lawyer that i see today also,so ill find out for sure if i have a case,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2009, 10:33 AM
i went and looked at my case file yesterday at unemployment and there is nothing in there from my former employer. maybe they arent gonna show up or contest it,maybe they finally gave up?
05-16-2009, 02:26 PM
Blake, I want you to first know I am in your corner. I also, state the things I do, so you can get a good look at what these boards might be looking at. It is a way that I try to prepair others and you.

I seen you wrote a Union buddy told you this or that. But, like I said before, hearsay stuff to me goes in one ear and out the other. In a general sense it holds no water.

Might I ask, are you in the Union, and what Union?

What does your Union have to say of this employment issue?

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
05-17-2009, 08:30 AM
i know your helping and im sorry if i sound mad it snot at you this time in my life is very hard and im sorry if it come off like that . i thank you for all your advice. i was in the local 390 stellworkers union. my union is a joke all the officals work within the factory so the company owns them. the union told me i need to come back or i lose my job, they dont defend me they just side with the union. thats why i didnt even file a grievence no sense they were just forcing me to come back when i could do so.as far as my unemployment hearin from what i saw in my file fri it looks like my employer may not even show up.there was nothing in the file that indicated so but who knows?
05-17-2009, 09:11 AM
(the union told me i need to come back or i lose my job)

I know why they told you this. Only I don't know why they didn't explain the reason to you. They told you that, because your Union Contract protected your job for so many months, past the FMLA time of 12 weeks. Your Union people were saying, get back to work, any work within the company, to protect your employment.

Now that you told me this, your employer might have been working within your Union Contract. So a grievence most likely would not of helped you at this time, as long as the employer worked within the Union contract.

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
05-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Hi Blake...did you have your UE hearing?
I hope it went in your favorSmile

Lilly

Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!
05-17-2009, 10:22 PM
my hearing is wensday i dont know if my employer is even contesting it.i looked at my case file fri and there was nothing in it that shows that they are even gonna show up? maybe they finally realixed they may lose this one? thank you for asking ill let u know as soon as i find out.
05-18-2009, 10:34 AM
Good Luck to you Blake!

LillySmile

Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!
05-18-2009, 09:45 PM
Wishing you Luck at the hearing Blake.

05-19-2009, 09:31 AM
so i hit a big bump in the road my lawyer wont take the case for my hearing tom. he said he doesnt like the judge i have the worst one there is and he also knows my former employees lawyer on a personal level. he thinks that he wont be able to win the case . he said there may be a problem because in the letters my employer wrote that i didnt call the back after their dr said i can come back with no restrictions. now this is bs because they were well aware that my dr and the ime said i can not come back to my position. so he thinks the judge will look at that in their favor. i have all my letters from my dr clearly stating that i cant return. so know i dont know what to do i hae no representation for tom at the hearing. i will just go and hope they dont show and if they do ask for an ajornment. this stinks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Unemployment denied chico1960 12 2,523 01-19-2014 02:34 PM
Last Post: vinga
  PPD/Unemployment chico1960 2 1,747 12-17-2013 04:19 PM
Last Post: chico1960
  Forced unemployment??? hurt_teacher 4 2,113 10-29-2012 08:38 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  FIRED FOR FILING UNEMPLOYMENT marcoleman 3 2,359 10-21-2012 02:19 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees