Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 05-22-2015, 04:37 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
unemployment issue nys
05-14-2009, 12:39 PM
RE: unemployment issue nys
Blake, your mis-understanding what I am saying.

And what I am saying is, did you, only you, supply the medical, and work status reports with your employer?

These reports as I'm saying needed to be shared with your employer even if your wc case is being contested.

So, did you keep your employer informed with these reports or not?

I don't count on what other employee say. To me it is meaningless, as the employer can tell them things, just because they know that will get back to you. It doesn't have any real bearing.

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Bad Boy is absolutely right. I used to work in a distribution office with about 170 drivers and management from time to time would have us tell drivers about something that was never going to happen, just to see how they all reacted.It sounds like you are going to have a very long battle on your hands. Good luck!
05-14-2009, 01:11 PM
i guess ill find out at my hearing next wensday i have a lawyer so im not going at this alone i know i have a good case they lied to the state plain as that and they will get caught,im gonna fight them till there is nothing left to fight i have zero to lose at this point
05-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Blake, your mis-understanding what I am saying.

And what I am saying is, did you, only you, supply the medical, and work status reports with your employer?

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
05-14-2009, 03:43 PM
no i guess i didnt give them every one they new i would be out until further notice my dr couldnt put an exact date of when i would be back,that wasnt an issue with my employer.this all started after 11 month because of timing they were slow and trying to tie up any lose ends they could. trust me thats why they sent me to their dr they knew my dr said no to coming back,and if their dr says yes and i refuse to come back then they could get rid of me.why wasnt it an issue until then? and why didnt they say anything after my fmla ran out? plain and simple they screwed me !
05-14-2009, 03:48 PM
whats an ime for then? said right in everyone "return to full duty is not anticipated" and my dr said the same. light duty only and thats their fault for not offering me any. they never have there and never will. it sucks but i know i could never do that job again thats why im in this boat. so im trying to move on as they make it hard for me to do that.
05-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Okay Blake, my full understanding of Un-employment, is the person that is filing for it, must be Employable. As you claim, you were not able to comply with employment as your employers doctor stated. That then means your not employable, and not allowed any Un-Employment benefits at this time.

Does that make sense to you.

05-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Bad Boy, Isn't it more that you are employable in some type of employment? As for me, I am able to collect un-employment because I am ready and able to work, just not heavy labor like I used to do. The un-emplyment office knows of my restrictions, but said that as long as I could/would be a Wal-Mart greeter that I could collect. On the other hand if Blakes employer offered him work within his restrictions and he did'nt take it, thats a self-screwing!
05-14-2009, 09:21 PM
i can work with restrictions none of which fall under the job i was fired from,i am able to do some kind of work but very limited.i am going to a vocational program next week
05-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Fencer Yes. But as Blake was saying, he refused the work knowing he couldn't do it, or his doctor said restrictions. His employer didn't know, because they were not supplied his medical reports.

If employable at time of job offer, then maybe yes. In Voc Work Rehab at time of job offer yes. As we see this, Voc Rehab is after the fact.

Here is the thing. I'm only looking at this as if a Mock Hearing. Being so, if I see things this way, the unemployment people might too.

It is also possible, blake may find one with a heart too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question Need Help, Attorney Issue Verenda30 10 151 Today 03:52 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Unemployment denied chico1960 12 2,770 01-19-2014 02:34 PM
Last Post: vinga
  PPD/Unemployment chico1960 2 1,880 12-17-2013 04:19 PM
Last Post: chico1960
  Forced unemployment??? hurt_teacher 4 2,158 10-29-2012 08:38 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees