Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Hello There, Guest! Register

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carpal and cubital tunnel syndromes
05-06-2009, 10:33 AM,
Rolleyes  Carpal and cubital tunnel syndromes
Hi from Illinois and I have so many questions. I have carpal and cubital tunnel. My employer placed me on a medical LOA last year after my doctor ordered typing restrictions. They have now fired me to Long Term Disability. My LTD application is currently pending. Has anyone had ever been approved for LTD because of carpal tunnel?[/font] I hear its rare.
05-06-2009, 11:01 AM,
RE: Carpal and cubital tunnel syndromes
Illinois

Cubital Tunnel = At the Elbow;

Carpal Tunnel = At the Wrist;

Is this a Work Comp Claim and a Injury Claim?

Are you collecting and money from their work comp Insurance?

Have you had any surgeries as of yet?

What are your treating doctor's doing for you?
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
05-14-2009, 08:09 PM,
Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Illinois

Cubital Tunnel = At the Elbow;

Carpal Tunnel = At the Wrist;

Is this a Work Comp Claim and a Injury Claim?

Are you collecting and money from their work comp Insurance?

Have you had any surgeries as of yet?

What are your treating doctor's doing for you?

I am sorry I had not been back on computer to check response.
This is a WC claim. WC ended my benefits and money a few months ago but recently my attorney got WC to send me an advance on my settlement since I had been with out income for some time. I had surgeries (CTR) on each hand last year. I have not been back to my surgeon since WC terminated the benefit and I do not want to get stuck with a bill but I have seen my primary doc who has prescribed pain meds and referred me to a pysch doc for depression. WC has agreed to let me see a new doctor for treatment and are supposed to be restarting payments soon. Cross your fingers for me please.
05-14-2009, 08:26 PM,
I ended up on STD (short term disability) while out in a denied WC case in August 2008 which ended in February of this year. I then applied to LTD and was approved just last month. Most LTD plans require that you be out of work for 6 months before they will pay. Also, if you are receiving any benifits (payments) from WC they will deduct these monies from what you would receive from them. If you got any kind of advance on your settlement, they will also deduct this from your payments.

I had my IME (have never received any medical treatment or PT of any kind since injury 6 Feb 2008) on the 16th of last month, and the injury they decided I have.. shoulder strain/sprain and tennis elbow of the right arm. But now, I am at MMI and waiting for a settlement. I was found 8% as a whole body disabled.. which means I will get 24 weeks of IIBS. I have no clue how much it will work out to, as I have never received a dime from them in over a year. In fact, I have an ER bill from March last year that still hasn't been paid. I am also owed over $2000 in travel pay as none of the WC dr's in my area would treat me with a denied claim...so ended up driving at least once a month over 230 round trip to be seen. Just waiting to hear from my attorney to see if my new adjustor is going to be willing to settle..or if we will have to take this to a contested claims hearing..where they will without a doubt loose, as I have 4 dr's that state is work related...including the IME that they chose. We shall see.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open
05-14-2009, 11:45 PM,
UndercovrAngel Wrote:I ended up on STD (short term disability) while out in a denied WC case in August 2008 which ended in February of this year. I then applied to LTD and was approved just last month. Most LTD plans require that you be out of work for 6 months before they will pay. Also, if you are receiving any benifits (payments) from WC they will deduct these monies from what you would receive from them. If you got any kind of advance on your settlement, they will also deduct this from your payments.

I had my IME (have never received any medical treatment or PT of any kind since injury 6 Feb 2008) on the 16th of last month, and the injury they decided I have.. shoulder strain/sprain and tennis elbow of the right arm. But now, I am at MMI and waiting for a settlement. I was found 8% as a whole body disabled.. which means I will get 24 weeks of IIBS. I have no clue how much it will work out to, as I have never received a dime from them in over a year. In fact, I have an ER bill from March last year that still hasn't been paid. I am also owed over $2000 in travel pay as none of the WC dr's in my area would treat me with a denied claim...so ended up driving at least once a month over 230 round trip to be seen. Just waiting to hear from my attorney to see if my new adjustor is going to be willing to settle..or if we will have to take this to a contested claims hearing..where they will without a doubt loose, as I have 4 dr's that state is work related...including the IME that they chose. We shall see.

Angel ^j^

Who knew that going to work could cause all this? Thanks for the response. I wish you good luck and I hope everything works out for you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carpal tunnel Against multiple employers Cb3 3 811 01-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Cb3
  Do I need to file-Carpal Tunnel novelty718 2 1,164 08-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Last Post: novelty718
  Carpal Tunnel Claim rufus 12 4,606 03-14-2014, 09:29 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Carpal Tunnel/Trigger Thumb in South Carolina Amarie1121 5 3,428 08-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Amarie1121
  carpal tunnel. dont know what to do... klbala3324 19 13,372 05-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Last Post: klbala3324
  Carpal Tunnel Rick Barnes 2 3,367 08-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Rick Barnes
Rolleyes Pain in the neck...arm...Carpal tunnel...etc!!!! lefty 10 13,224 02-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Last Post: BooBoosNeck
  denial of carpal tunnel claim...help lsds540 3 13,792 02-20-2011, 11:29 PM
Last Post: lsds540
  Carpal Tunnel Comp Case turning into Social security? johnnyworkcomp 5 11,777 06-14-2010, 08:21 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Carpal tunnel problems mrm30 13 11,171 06-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Last Post: 1171