Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone please help me with some research please
Hi everyone,

I am functioning a little bit better but am still out there and spacing out quite frequently. I get in the car with a destination that I need to be at and I forget where I am going. Today is laughing like a maniac so I guess that's better than crying like a lunatic.

Okay here is where I need help...Randy was due to get the 250.00 stimulus payment this month. His family has agreed it's mine but we don't know if it's legal to keep it. Could someone maybe look into this for me? Written things aren't making a lot of sense to me right now so if anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks and hugs,
monster
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Depends, is it direct deposit? And have the been informed as of yet?
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Monster,

Was this through Social Security, pension, SSDI ??

If you were married to Randy for more than 10 years before divorcing, and never remarried, you may be eligible for survivors benefits..

"If your divorced spouse dies, you can receive benefits as a widow/widower if the marriage lasted 10 years or longer and you are age 60 or older (or age 50 if you are disabled.) "

You can learn more by going here:

http://www.ssa.gov/ww&os2.htm

I hope that this helps somewhat.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

It is direct deposit, not sure if it has actually hit yet guess I need to go and check. I called the coroners office this morning and they were going to perform the autopsy today so know the death certificate hasn't been filed yet as they wouldn't have known the cause of death.

I was his caretaker through the state but I don't think that makes any difference.

It seems to me this is for the year 2008 so he would have been entitled to it. I was short on his expenses and his family has offered no help whatsoever. I did get everything covered but it's been tough. I was hoping to be able to get this to help.

I don't mean this badly as I never would have made him pay it but the state had just changed some rule and Randy's 'share of cost' oh what I was being paid each month was now $238.00. we were just informed of this 2 weeks ago and it was taken out of my first check of the month. Soooo, I am wondering if I might actually be entitled to it???

I feel as if I am being a money grubbing b!tch, I am just trying to accumulate as much as possible before leaving here. Now I feel like a horrible person for even bringing it up Sad

I am also afraid if I do take it that it would be a Federal offense. I have not yet notified the SS office.

I don't know what to do. I think I will just leave it be as I do feel like I am trying to profit over his death. So it would be best to leave well enough alone.

Thank you both for researching for me I hope you know how much you mean to me as does all my good friends here.

Love,
monster
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile

Monster, I would call the SSA office and see what they have to say. I see nothing wrong with that, and by doing it. You would have a clear consious.

Take Care.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

AQA Wrote:Monster, I would call the SSA office and see what they have to say. I see nothing wrong with that, and by doing it. You would have a clear consious.

Take Care.

I think I have already done wrong by pulling his SS money out. He normally is paid by DD on the 3rd of the month. If that date falls on the weekend then the deposit is made midnight Friday/Saturday morning. I have no idea if he is getting paid a month ahead or a month behind. I can't remember who said it works different ways for different people.

I don't want to open a can of worms by calling and asking about this. I am already afraid I am in deep pooh pooh but it was the only way I could pay for his arrangements as his family has offered nothing.

Since I did manage to get everything taken care of I will just leave well enough alone. I'm hoping my taxes will be here before I leave, it's only a little over 400 but every little bit will help right now.

Well my chest is really tight, not painful but I keep finding that I am holding my breath. I just took 1/2 valium hoping that will help so if I make really goofy posts from here on out tonight that is why. Being here at night alone is especially hard.

monster, when my dad passed away several years ago he died on the 30th of september, last day of the month and my mom got his ss check 3 days later so she had to send it back, if he would have died one day later she would have got to keep it.Angel gave you some good info,sorry you are going thru all this.
no matter where you're at there you are

monster Wrote:
AQA Wrote:Monster, I would call the SSA office and see what they have to say. I see nothing wrong with that, and by doing it. You would have a clear consious.

Take Care.

I think I have already done wrong by pulling his SS money out. He normally is paid by DD on the 3rd of the month. If that date falls on the weekend then the deposit is made midnight Friday/Saturday morning. I have no idea if he is getting paid a month ahead or a month behind. I can't remember who said it works different ways for different people.

I don't want to open a can of worms by calling and asking about this. I am already afraid I am in deep pooh pooh but it was the only way I could pay for his arrangements as his family has offered nothing.

Since I did manage to get everything taken care of I will just leave well enough alone. I'm hoping my taxes will be here before I leave, it's only a little over 400 but every little bit will help right now.

Well my chest is really tight, not painful but I keep finding that I am holding my breath. I just took 1/2 valium hoping that will help so if I make really goofy posts from here on out tonight that is why. Being here at night alone is especially hard.

Hon, you have done nothing wrong in pulling the check he received at the beginning of the month.

"Social Security benefits are not paid for the month in which an individual dies. Example: An individual receives a Social Security check in June for the month of May, and dies after the receipt of that payment. The individual would be entitled to the check received in June (May's payment) because the individual lived throughout the month of May. However, the check issued in July (for the month of June) would have to be returned to Social Security because the individual did not live throughout the month of June."

This came right off of the SSA website.

However, even though a certificate of death has not been issued as of yet, you need to contact SSA and let them know that he has passed on. The sooner you do it, the better off you will be.

You were/are entitled to that check, especially since his family did nothing to help with any of the costs. You used it to benefit him, although it was paid for his expenses for the month of April.

And hon, you certainly don't sound like a money grubbing biotch. You are only looking at getting what you are due for caring for him. If nothing else, I am sure that Randy would want you to have this money to help get you home.

Have you looked into getting the one time $255 lump sum beneift settlement from SSA yet?? You should be able to get it, as you were his caretaker, and it sounds as if this would have been used for his benefit as well (funeral services etc..)

If I can help with anything else, I am but a short pm, forum post or phone call away. I am here to help in any way I can. I hope that you will keep that in mind, and not try to go through this all alone.

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medical device safety-research before having surgery California_Help 0 1,835 12-11-2016, 08:16 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Doctor to conduct research vickinat 4 2,329 04-25-2009, 08:20 AM
Last Post: jayne