Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSDI consultative exam?
Here you go Queenbee;

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/dnewsbl...ocial.html
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

This is strange. I would understand if they did this to me as a mental impairment as well as a medical issue is part of my claim. My hearing date is in late June. i wonder if I will get 1 of these as well. I went thru two of these already. It doesn't make sense in your case however??

The issue is, many injured workers do suffer a mental impairment. But, many don't know it, or wish to know, or are embarassed to talk about it.

It is something all injured workers need to do, is talk about it. Find someone, or find us. Trying it with a family member may not work as well though.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

mental issues? please with all we go thru if we DONT have mental issues we are darn lucky
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

jayne you are right. To some measure we all go thru it. And that is the one place a good empoyer could really help out. Having an injury that changes your life is bad enought but then having your employer treat you like crap compounds it that much more.

You're further ahead in the process than we are, but just wanted to say good luck. Ours is somehow stuck, we have had the initial interview and submited releases for medical info along with all the direct info we provided but all were being told is they have not recieved the medical records, so I'm not sure what happens next.

I was hoping that they might accept the WC IME as thier independent medical exam but we can't even seem to get that far yet.

this is one one the very important reasons we tell everyone to have at least 2 copies of every Dr visit from day 1 of your injury....one always stays in my safe and one in my car in case I am ever in a accident they have all my medical reports including copies of x rays...when I went to apply for SSDI I had every Dr visit for them already...they copied everything and gave me my copy back......if you are gonna get thru a WC injury intact you must be proactive and watch your own back...your lawyer has hundreds of clients,your doc the same and your adjuster most likely nearly as much......you have you and your family to protect.....if there is one piece of advice we give her its keep copies of everything that you do.....Dr visits,lawyers visits,phone calls and meds and adjuster meetings. This is now your JOB to protect your own butt cuz no one else out there cares as much as you do...I got my SSDI first time out....but the people on here drilled copy.copy.copy.....

I had and offered copies from the inital hospitalization, all our consultations, at least a few reports from on-going services, medication list from the pharmacy etc. They wouldn't accept my copies, they wanted to request and get them straight from the Drs themselves. I have a file box of medical records that goes with us to appts etc.

Maybe well try again, possibly it was just the SSI guy we met with that day, he was less than helpful to say the least - about everything.

My SS worker was an angel and worked hard for us

We have been talking about it lately, and may just start over and re-submit application since nothing has happened with our claim for over 6 months.
I'll make sure I bring the copies again and make sure we get a different SS worker.

Our closest SSI office is actually a satellite office where someone comes in 1 day a week, maybe if hubby's having a good day and can withstand the drive and wait in the office we'll go to the regular office and get a better response.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Independent medical exam rating question Schwing 3 2,059 06-21-2016, 12:29 PM
Last Post: 1171
  UnBiased? EXAM JohnDoe 6 3,490 10-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  occupational permanency exam angel1954 2 2,237 09-24-2015, 11:11 PM
  FCE Exam JohnDoe 6 3,171 09-03-2015, 10:05 PM
Last Post: JohnDoe
  Functional Capacity Exam marinechamp 13 10,351 08-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  qme exam billaker 8 6,347 01-24-2014, 12:18 AM
  SSDI exam coming up ammowoman 11 9,916 01-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Last Post: jayne
Question EDD request for IME exam lizdawiz82 2 4,373 11-17-2011, 02:23 AM
Last Post: lizdawiz82
  Independent Medical exam after case closed georgia-back 14 17,763 10-03-2011, 12:19 PM
  Independent medical exam Adk98 16 14,937 09-11-2011, 06:59 PM