• Please excuse our dust
  • We are continuing the redesign of our forums
  • We'll get there eventually!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spinal cord stimulator
thanks

My wife and I both have SCS implants. Not sure how much you know about them but they do not fix anything, they only help with nerve pain. I know with my mental health I felt better when I found out I was getting to try one out. Made me feel like they were going to help me make it thru the day better. And it does, but its still hard to deal with the day to day pain. My employer was paying everything for me under WC until PM doc wanted to try the SCS. We have been fighting it since then but my insureance with work paid for it. They stopped paying stuff under WC back in July 2007, took til Nov 2008 to get a hearing and then til the end of Feb this year to get the ruling. It went my way but the company appealed it so who knows when that will get done. Also turned down twice for SSDI and now waiting for a hearing there as well. Been told it takes 2 years to get that hearing. Nothing goes very fast after you get injured at work but the money you have in the bank. Trust me you are facing allot of the same problem everybody on here has gone thru or will go thru. Try to hang in there. Its hard but you have to hold on, find all the support you can to help make it. Sorry if some of this doen't sound right but when you take allot of pain meds as well as other drugs to help with everything from sleep to stomach problem, it's hard to put words down so they make since.

Hi there. Thanks for your advice and words of wisdom. Blessings to you. I know you walk the same road as we are.

Hope you are doing okay. Hubby is on allot of medications too. He is tired of taking all that stuff. Have a great day!

Wife

Having a scs implant does not mean he will get approved for SSDI. The road to SSDI can be a long one or a short one. I have seen no rhyme nor reason to how some claims are quick and others are not. I wish your husban good luck with the SCS. Keep in mind that a SCS is not a fix all cure, but they can be benifitial.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. Jesus died for our sins. Soilders died for our freedom.

I'm a Hurt Trucker Myself, and My Injury has Left me Disabled Since the Age of 42, My Injury Date was Oct. '04. I am Still Fighting the w/c Machine, and if You find any Hard Working Male that wouldn't be Depressed after a Serious Spine Injury, the Pain that Accompanies it, and the Loneliness of being Stuck in Their Home, and I'll Show You a Lunatic!!!Smile I Hope You get Everything You and Your Husband Deserve, this is He** and can be Very Trying at Times, but it does take a Ton of Patience to get through, it took Me Years to Realize that! I was Fortunate to be Approved for SSDI in 3mos./3wks. without an Attorney, so I Hope Your Hearing with the SSA is soon!! My Very Best to You, and I Wish You Well!!Wink

Hurt truckers wife,

Someolne here needs to give you some credit. I think your husband is a very lucky man to have someone like you stand by him and be so careing and concerned about him and go to great lengths to help him out. I know there has been many times my husband has not been by me in my pain and has not gone to court with me to be by my side when I wish he was. He has only gone to one doctors appointment with me and complained the whole time he sat there. I just assume leave him at home but had to have him there to drive me home from a procedure.

I am right now facing having to get a SCS implant myself for RSD of my right hand. I am scared to death. Do not ask me why because there is probably no reason to be. I have gone through everything you said your husband has gone through. Depression, narcotics, weight gain, etc. etc. Loss of a great career, a new harley sitting in my shed untouched which now is the most depressing time of the year for me. The weather is getting nicer and my husband will be pulling his bike out while mine sits there. Of course I can ride on the back of his, but I bought mine for a reason , to ride side by side.

I just wanted to take this time to let you know that I think your husband is a very lucky man to have you on his side for support and as long as he has you and knows that you support him that alone can help him to get through all this. It is when someone turns their head the other way and does not care how you feel each day. I know it is very hard on you to have to watch what he is going through and it has changed your life also. Hopefully when you both work together with each other you will make it through. My best to the both of you and keep us informed of how it all turns out. I will be curious as I am being set up for a phys. eval. also for an implant. I know they will say I am depressed..
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

She is a wonderful woman Sparky I have spoke to her several times and need to call her again life has just got in the way here lately.....it is spring and all that intails here...garden and baby animals and camping and kids bored with school but not quite out 3 more weeks and they are out
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

thank you

ahhhhhhh shucks.....sweetie you are more than welcome.......wish your kids were close by to see all the baby chicks and ducks here course my kids are quick to tell others not to get attached cuz they will end up in the freezer
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need advice on getting a spine stimulator implant tpm 12 1,795 08-02-2014, 03:55 PM
Last Post: tpm
  Spinal Cord Stimulator Cervical_Fusion 20 10,363 08-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  spinal cord stimulator backpainfla 13 9,545 11-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Last Post: backpainfla
  Spinal cord stimulation grumpyone 42 18,630 08-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Last Post: jayne
Rolleyes Does Spinal Cord Stimulation work? Sunshine7 24 16,526 02-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Last Post: AQA
  Spinal cord stimulator kytyki 6 5,162 01-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Hurt at work / Spinal cord stimulator AQA 15 12,207 12-28-2009, 11:26 PM
  MMI with a Spinal Cord Stimulator jennco1 10 10,144 08-10-2009, 02:14 PM
  Waiting for auth for spinal cord stimulator trial CRPS_girl 18 8,009 06-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Last Post: CRPS_girl
  Spinal Cord Stimulator peanut222 11 8,858 04-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion