• Please excuse our dust
  • We are continuing the redesign of our forums
  • We'll get there eventually!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many day after injury do I have to turn in an incident report?
As the title says How many day after injury do I have to turn in an incident report? I live in the state of Texas and was wondering how many days i have to turn an incident report in.

dont know myself hang around someone will answer........... welcome to the best workers comp site in the U.S.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Your Responsibilities in the Texas Workers' Compensation System

1.You have the responsibility to tell your employer if you have been injured at work or in the scope of your employment.

You must tell your employer within 30 days of the date you were injured or first knew your injury or illness might be work related.

2. You have the responsibility to know if you are in a workers' compensation health care network (network).

If you do not know whether you are in a network, ask the employer you worked for at the time of your injury. If you are in a network, you have the responsibility to follow the network rules. Your employer must give you a copy of the Texas Department of Insurance network rules. Read the rules carefully. If there is something you do not understand, ask your employer or call the Office of Injured Employee Counsel. If you would like to file a complaint about a network, call the Consumer Help Line at 1-800-252-3439. Or file a complaint online at http://www.tdi.state.tx.us/consumer/complfrm.html#wc

3. You have the responsibility to tell your doctor how you were injured and whether the injury is work related.

4. You have the responsibility to send a completed claim form (DWC-41) to the Division of Workers' Compensation. You have one year to send the form after you were injured or first knew that your illness might be work related.

Send the completed DWC-41 form even if you already are receiving benefits. You may lose your right to benefits if you do not send the completed claim form to the Division of Workers' Compensation. Call 1-800-252-7031 or 1-866-393-6432 for a copy of the DWC-41 form.

5. You have the responsibility to provide your current address, telephone number, and employer information to the Division of Workers' Compensation and the insurance carrier.

6. You have the responsibility to tell the Division of Workers' Compensation and the insurance carrier any time there is a change in your employment status or wages. Examples include:

You stop working because of your injury;
You start working; or You are offered a job.
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

Thank you for your help. I will need to file an incident report now! I appreciate your help guys!

Once you have filed with your employer, make sure that you file the DWC-41 form for the state. You can do it online as I did. It is much faster, and one less thing that you don't have to worry about doing at a later date. You have one year to file it, but better sooner than later.

Make sure that you get a copy of your report of injury from your employer as well. They are required by law to have you a copy. Also, you need to start getting copies of everything that you have done to treat your injury, and write notes of any conversation you have with your employer, HR (they should be the one doing up your claim if there is one in the company), any dr's notes from visits, any conversation you have with anyone and everyone connected to your case. It could end up being very important for your case in the long run.

There are several of us on the board that are from TX, so what one might not know, the other may. Don't be afraid to come and ask more questions if you need help. That is why we are here and helping folks like you. We have been through much of the same things that you have and learned the hard way.l

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

Rolleyes 
I was wondering if WC won't cover me for not reporting my injury sooner. On 7/13/13 I was repositioning my pt in bed when most of her weight fell on my left thumb and wrist and it started to hurt I asked the pts mom to help me with pt care for the 3 hrs left in my shift. The next day my thumb was bothering me so I did not lift my pt and asked the parent to put pt in wheelchair for me... I didn't report it cause I thought I had just sprained or bruised my thumb. Three days later, I came to work I was fine. Well on 7/28/13 I noticed a bump on my wrist were you'd check for a pulse. I was going to put a Drs.appt. but seeing how it was work related the Drs. office won't see me until they have WC information for my employer. My boss said I took to long. I reported the injury on 7/31/13. Did I really take to long to report? I didn't think nothing at the time because I did not have pain, even with the bump on my wrist. It just a little discomfort but not major pain.. I just wanted to be looked at cause I don't want it to become something painful in the long run. I'm from Texas. Can u please tell me what I should do or tell me employer cause they don't want to reported to WC .

waiting so long to report a claim makes things suspicious but it's not a reason to deny the claim.
you should contact the carrier directly. the employer is required by law to report all claims not just the ones they like or agree with.

if you need treatment immediately go to the emergency room or your family doctor and have them report the claim as well.

more information here
http://www.tdi.texas.gov/wc/employee/wor...glish.html

if you need help go here
http://www.tdi.texas.gov/wc/employee/dispute.html#oiec

or
You may request assistance from the TDI-DWC by calling 1-800-252-7031.

if you need more help here start a new thread--this one is old.

Thank you! I just don't understand why my job won't give the Drs. office the insurance name and why the Drs. office won't see me till they receive that information. I told the Drs. office to take my health insurance and if the Dr. comes to the conclusion that my injury is work related then they can start the WC paper work. It's that my job said they want proof that it happened at work... I do understand where my work is coming from...this is so complicated and confusion...I've never gotten injured before so I feel over whelmed ...thank u once again..

I generally would not respond until a new thread was stated. This thread is several years old.

Anyway, if you are injured. Go to a dr. of your choosing. Then see what happens.

In my case, I went to a dr. about a week before I ended up in the ER.. Once it was decided that it was a WC claim. The IC reimbursed me for what I spent on the first dr. visit and the reimbursed my regular health insurance provider.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. Jesus died for our sins. Soilders died for our freedom.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Fellow employee's incident donutbeanal 2 627 08-11-2014, 05:35 PM
Last Post: donutbeanal
  Employer refuses to file injury report - fired in PA Hamilton 5 4,184 03-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  late report of injury bevett 3 5,944 11-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Claim denied - Supervisor denies injury report JalavTX 12 11,821 09-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Last Post: jayne
  do you know where i can turn fireball 4 2,079 03-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Got hurt, threatened with job if I turn it in JennaLynnS 3 2,956 12-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Last Post: izell
Rolleyes nowhere to turn karolynj 2 2,049 08-23-2009, 11:54 AM
  (WI) Didnt Report Injury Immediately...too late for workers comp? Gretchgegg 1 7,185 12-17-2008, 01:58 AM
  Did not report injury immediately - need advice thinktwice 4 4,273 04-09-2008, 02:06 PM
  Accident/Incident Report Scooter 8 6,110 11-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy