Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Medtronic employees here?
Are there any Medtroinc employees on this board? I just have a question about spinal cord stims. Nothing about mine just some general questions.

Hi Manley2!

Apparently there are no Medtronics people here...but there ARE many people on the forum who are fimiliar with spinal cord stims....so ask away on a new post and I bet you'll get lots of info.

Take care, LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

The only think I was wondering about was after they change settings on the unit they do a print out and give it to the doctor. I was wondering what it has on it. I can ask them the next time I see them but after they changed it this last time I got to thinking about it. Seems like it gets longer and longer.

Manley2 Wrote:The only think I was wondering about was after they change settings on the unit they do a print out and give it to the doctor. I was wondering what it has on it. I can ask them the next time I see them but after they changed it this last time I got to thinking about it. Seems like it gets longer and longer.

I have a SCS that print out they give the Dr. is a print out of which of 16 electrodes is actually activated and touching the spine and where.. I do believe.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Was also wondering if heavy use means you would have to replace the unit more often then the 9 years they say the battery lasts.

I do not have a stimulator but know that when I did have a trial type one for my back a few years ago it use to tell the doctor how many times I used it and for how long per day. I do not know if this is the same thing that they are doing with this stimulator that you are using. It just kept records of how many treatments I did and at what level, how long etc.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Manley2 Wrote:Was also wondering if heavy use means you would have to replace the unit more often then the 9 years they say the battery lasts.

Manley I was told by Medtronic Nurse. that to get the 9 yr life out of it, that you would need to not run it 24/7. I seldom turn mine off. I think I will be licky to get 6 yrs out of mine. I also let mine die (accidently). If that happens 3 times they it says they will have to replace it. Each time you let that happen it takes more of the 9 year life from it. I am now being more carefull to not let that happen. I try to charge evry couple days or so now. Manely do you have the new single lead or do you have a double lead on your unit? I have the new paddle lead on my unit, it has 16 electrodes on it. The double lead system has 8 electrodes on each lead. Hope this helps you in anyway.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

I have the two leads with 8 contacts each. I never let mine get too low on charger but do use it 24/7. I was charging about every two weeks but now that I have some new pain and they added a program. So now I'm charging every week.
My wife has one too, she has almost let hers die once or twice but it hasn't happened yet

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best software for Payroll Management of the employees? Indumathi 4 3,049 09-07-2018, 02:51 AM
Last Post: elmaasheley147
  One of our employees injured at work Bummer Knees 8 5,281 09-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Expressions for high stress days (feel free to address w/c employees with them....... nurse83 12 5,650 02-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Last Post: collateraldamage5591