Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACDF recovery time
I know what your saying.

So if you do go back, remember you must keep a copy of your new medical exam on you at all times. For it is the Law.

Part 391

< 391.33 391.43 >

Subpart E—Physical qualifications and examinations
§391.41 Physical qualifications for drivers.
(a) A person shall not drive a commercial motor vehicle unless he/she is physically qualified to do so and, except as provided in §391.67, has on his/her person the original, or a photographic copy, of a medical examiner’s certificate that he/she is physically qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle.*

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulatio...rd=medical

And please read this.

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/documents/neuro.pdf
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Hi TPM.....didn't we talk about this procedure awhile back? Your question was why not fix em all while you're in there Doc? I guess I don't understand why they are only repairing one of the 3. I guess your surgeon has his reasons. Please know that you'll be in my prayers for all to go smoothly and successfully !

LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Thanks Lilly
Just got a call from the hospital that they are pushing my arrival time time from 12 to 1pm today. The waiting is the worst part :-(
The surgeon says there is no guarantee the disc he does not want to do now will get any worse and that it is better to gamble it won't. This is exactly what happened with my first operation so here I am again.

Bad Boy
I have been driving trailers since I was 18 yrs old. That makes it about 35 yrs now. I am aware of the laws as I possess a Haz Mat endorsement and things are very strict right now. Believe it when I tell that if the company had any grounds not to have me return they will use them. I personally wouldn't drive if I felt I would be putting someone including myself in harms way. You have my word
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

tpm,
I agree with BadBoy on the info that is is offering to you. Having been there myself but not driving trucks for a living, I just know what I went through with my 3 neck surgery's. It is ough deal with but we just have to play with the hand that we are dealt. I emailed you earlier this morning. I prayed that your surgery went well. God Bless you!

Cajun Hugsssssssssssssss,
MJC
Lumbar Laminectomy L5 - S1, Lumbar Disectomy L 4 -5, Cervical Microdisectomy C-4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 5 - 6, Lumbar Disectomy, Laminectomy and Foraminotmy L 3 - 4, Cryo Surgery Lumbar. --Ongoing Problems.. Permanently Totally Disabled.

Hi TPM: I was in a hard collar for 12 weeks, and then released back to work 5 months post surgery. Funny thing is I was then P&S 9 months post surgery. I guess everyone is different!

Hope your surgery goes well. Take care!
Let Go, and Let God......

I wish you alot of luck TPM. I pray all goes well for you and that you can continue with your career. I for one had to give up my career of 15 yrs. due to not being able to use my hands to hold a needle and feeling comfortable I would not drop it, or hurt someone or myself.

Just remember that if you cannot do that type of job anymore that you could always train for something else being that you are still young and it does not hurt to learn more in terms of different careers. It is never to late to learn something different if need be.

I never dreamed I would be a admin for a construction co. It was the furthest from my mind. But I did it for 1 1/2 yrs. up until I was laid off last Monday. Now I may need to find something else at the age of 46. It was very hard doing that work with bad hands as now my other hand is acting up also. Lord knows what I am going to do now for work. Personally I struggled everyday with this pain while working . I have no idea what I will do next if not called back.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Hello, I'm back

Well I went in on Monday for my surgery and was sent home on Tuesday. That was the good part. Unfortunately this operation went nothing like my first ACDF. My first operation I came home in pretty much no pain and a mild sore throat (for the first week anyway). This time not so lucky. In recovery I felt like I was run over by my own truck and this continues even now. I have been taking Percocet (10's) around the clock for severe neck, upper back, shoulder, and back of head pain. The percocet works fairly well for about 2- 2.5 hours and then I struggle until I can take my next dose. At the hospital they were giving me additional pain med (forgot name) through a shot in the arm that goes into the muscle (Ouch!!) This made me nauseous the entire time.
When I had seen the doctor Tuesday morning I asked him why the difference in pain and he told my disc was badly degenerated in addition to scarring from first surgery. Luckily he was able to keep existing hardware in place and just add to it.
I need to get off for a while and will call the office today

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and wishes
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

ahhh sweetie hope you start to feel better soon did they do 1 or 2
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Thanks Jayne
Just the 1 Sad
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

TPM, my first one, was I was like a million times better then when going in also. My 2nd, 3rd, 4th, were not as good neither. Remember, get that ICE on buddy, it needs to be used all during the day for a couple of days. You need to walk around your home as much as you can for now also, walking is your best friend right now.

Did the surgeon perform a bone graft fusion, or did they use a cage?
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 level acdf c5-t1 sore neck 6 2,046 09-10-2016, 04:00 PM
Last Post: sore neck
  Approaching my mmi after a 2 level acdf surgery and the nightmare has no end in sight gopack4mvp2 5 6,291 10-25-2014, 12:18 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  lvl 3 acdf cervical bossjld 2 2,014 08-03-2014, 12:45 AM
Last Post: bossjld
  recovery time rickandsandy 3 3,124 11-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Med recovery management Speedyro1970 2 4,325 08-22-2013, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Speedyro1970
  ACDF AND SHOULDER SURGERY NevadaCervical 4567 4 8,152 01-29-2013, 10:37 PM
Last Post: NevadaCervical 4567
  My Recovery after laser surgery darrinb 15 10,557 07-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Last Post: jayc123
  Want to take charge of my recovery Lostinsystem 1 2,686 02-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Last Post: 1171
  ACDF at c5-6 QLD Australia Bilistik 0 2,084 06-08-2011, 03:46 AM
Last Post: Bilistik
  After settlement letter from WC recovery service badbehavior 4 9,127 09-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Last Post: 1171