Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 04-27-2015, 01:01 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Results of the nerve conduction test
02-17-2009, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2009 08:51 PM by Bummer Knees.)
Results of the nerve conduction test
I had the nerve conduction test today and I was not impressed with the neurologist doing the test.

The test was of the right leg checking for sciatica.
The doctor started setting up the test for the left leg.
When I told him he was doing the wrong leg he read my chart then removed what he had connected.

He then setup the connections for the right leg. I did experience some pain with my foot jumping while the test was being done.

After the test the doctor said your nerve is normal and I will send the results to your doctor.

When the ESI's were done the doctor confirmed the inflammation of the sciatica nerve.

I will see my primary physican next week to go ovver the results.

The pain I feel is very real! Right now I am feeling very frustrated!
I feel like just ignoring the sedentary restrictions and just doing what I want!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2009, 09:58 PM
RE: Results of the nerve conduction test
I wouldn't be frustrated, and just maybe it could be a good thing. That just maybe the Nerve is inflamed and not pinched. If pinched you would of had a different reading. I don't understand why both legs were not done, to use as a comparision like many will do.

Agravation to a nerve can simply just show a good nerve. Muscles can cause inflamed nerves also.

If your gait is off that much, your muscles try to protect the spine and nerves then, causing pain. Saying hey I want this body to stop doing something.

And I agree, the Pain is very real. I don't have any lower Bulging Disc, and I have Lumbar Pain that is very real also.

Just hang in there Bummer, and Take your Meds...

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
02-18-2009, 09:50 AM
Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:I wouldn't be frustrated, and just maybe it could be a good thing. That just maybe the Nerve is inflamed and not pinched. If pinched you would of had a different reading. I don't understand why both legs were not done, to use as a comparision like many will do.

Everytime that I have had an NCV done, they have always tested the opposite side so that they would have a baseline reading on the good limb to compare to the bad limb. Is this a neuro that your Attorney sent you to, or one that WC chose ?? I would be asking for a second opinion as I don't believe that your testing was done correctly.

Angel ^j^

I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open
02-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Hi UA

I was sent to the neurologist by my primary care physican, I believe they are friends.

This doctor told a good friend that all that was wrong with him was the carpal tunnel he had. My friend went to another doctor and was told, "That doctor is nuts, you have a head injury"

My friend worked as a correctional officer and was beaten by inmates.

Will medicare pay for a 2nd opinion for another nerve conduction test?
02-18-2009, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2009 10:27 AM by backache.)
Hi Bummer, It reminds me of when I had my first IME done the Dr. was 72 years old had two hearing aides he couldn't hear me when I complained of pain until I yelled about it and I had to keep reminding him of what leg was bothering me. I have terrible lower lumbar pain running to the left and at times down the left leg. I had one NCT done and the Dr. took less then 5 minutes and he told me the same thing as your Dr. told you. Thank God the judge believes me and my primary Dr.

GOD BLESS OUR COUNTRY AND OUR PRESIDENT!
02-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Bummer,
I had a EMG/NCV done recently. It was extremely painfull and my results went hand and hand with the MRI results. I have nerve compression of the S1 nerve root. I pray your results might mean that your problem is not nerve compression but inflammation instead. Either way, I pray that your pain subsides and they find your problem.

Cajun Hugssssssssssss,
MJC

Lumbar Laminectomy L5 - S1, Lumbar Disectomy L 4 -5, Cervical Microdisectomy C-4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 5 - 6, Lumbar Disectomy, Laminectomy and Foraminotmy L 3 - 4, Cryo Surgery Lumbar. --Ongoing Problems.. Permanently Totally Disabled.
02-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Bummer, Inflammation is the Number One Cause of Nerve Pain, so Yes Your Pain is Real. What this Dr. May have been Saying is that Your Nerve is O.K., and not Damaged which is Great, and if He Said You had Inflammation, You in Most Probability have a Bulged Disc Pressing on Nerve Set, or as BX4 Said, a Muscular Problem, Your Muscles May be Tight due to the Altered Gait, or a Combination of Both!! If that were My Test Results, I would be doing My Best to be Dancing in the Streets, because this Means No Major Nerve Damage, and the Correct Mix of Anti-Inflammatory and Pain Meds., along with Possible PT and the Correct amount of Rest, can Hopefully Relieve and Possibly Alleviate Your Pain!! So My Opinion Only and from Experience, get together with Your PCP and come Up with a Plan for Your Meds., and a Referral to a Good PT Facility!! As Always My Very Best to You, ad I Hope Your Pain is Gone Soon!!Smile

Failed Back Surgery, Chronic Pain, Totally Disabled.

Knowledge is Power, Especially in the World of w/c. Learn as Much as You can about Your States w/c Laws, and don't Fight Battles alone, They Use Attorney's, and so Should You!!
02-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Hi MJC
When I had the ESI's done I was also told I had compression of the S1 nerve root with lots of inflammation.

Hi Still In Limbo
My last MRI showed 3 bulging disc. I am happy that the results were normal but still wonder why I contine to have pain and problem with movement of the right foot.
02-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Bummer,
Still really gave you a good explanation regarding your issues. No doubt in my mind either that your pain is real as Still and I and also others know exactly what you are talking about. Continue to hang in there as there is a reason that you are experiencing the pain that you have. It is funny how at times it just takes forever for them to find it. I say this because this happened to me. I suffered really bad with pain in my arm since 1999 until 2008. From the beginning I had cervical problems and had 3 neck surgeries with 2 fusions. No one could understand why I still had pain in my arm and they just related it to my neck problems. Finally I asked my PM doc to take a look at my shoulder. There sat the source of my continued arm pain. I had my shoulder surgery done Jan. 2008 and I tell you, I feel like I have a brand new arm and the pain is gone. Things can be so deceiving at times and doctors are just not as thorough as they should be. It's like they get stuck on one issue but fail to realize that something else could be causing the pain. Oh, and love to tell you that they believe you have been in pain for so long that they think your pain is in your head.......lol. Had that happen to me....lol. Just continue to hang in there, something will crack and they will find your problem. All this waiting is the killer and I understand what you are going through. Keeping you in my prayers and God Bless.

Cajun Hugsssssssssss,
MJC

Lumbar Laminectomy L5 - S1, Lumbar Disectomy L 4 -5, Cervical Microdisectomy C-4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 5 - 6, Lumbar Disectomy, Laminectomy and Foraminotmy L 3 - 4, Cryo Surgery Lumbar. --Ongoing Problems.. Permanently Totally Disabled.
02-19-2009, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2009 10:25 AM by Bummer Knees.)
Hi Still In Limbo

In 2006 the wc doctor gave me a script for mobic and it caused stomach problems.

Since I have been unable to take anti-inflammatory medications.

Last year the doctor gave me an oral steroid pack and it cause major problems. I was grounded to my home for a week and a few days after I went off the meds.

Although it did help with the nerve pain!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Rolleyes Results of my nerve, MRI Sunshine7 7 1,821 10-16-2009 10:00 AM
Last Post: MJC
  Nerve Conduct Test Bummer Knees 15 3,125 02-04-2008 12:02 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees