• Please excuse our dust
  • We are continuing the redesign of our forums
  • We'll get there eventually!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about back injuries & IME?
On January 15, 2009 I had a hearing for adding the back & carpal tunnel to my claim.

As a result of the hearing the judge has ordered an IME with a local ortho.

I haven't received any communication as to when this IME is scheduled so I called the IME doctor's office and learned the IME is not scheduled until March 26th, 2009.

The problems with my back & legs have increased along with the heavy weighted numb feeling in my legs & feet. Some days I have trouble flexing my ankles and bending my toes. I haven't been shopping by myself since I had trouble at Dillons on the 17th of this month.

I am not for sure what to do with the IME being two months away.

I do see my primary care doctor next week and we will talk about scheduling the IME.

Any suggestions?
Bummer I think I would have a heart to heart with my PCP something is wrong and to wait till the end of march is just way to long.....Have had alot of trouble walking last week or so ...I believe it is getting closer to the wheelchair and I hate that thought
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Jayne, Take care of yourself and limit what you do, maybe that will help.

I understand the issue with having problems walking.

I just worry with the IME not being scheduled until the end of March and who knows when the next hearing will be scheduled. If the judge grants treatment the treating doctor will have to schedule me.

It could be 6 months before I receive treatment. When I had the scare while shopping earlier this month I realized this is not going to go away on it's own.
no it wont and the nerve damage that could be done while waiting could be the difference between walking and that wheel chair
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

And that is what I am afraid of, course it is not doing my knee replacement recovery any favors!
Contact Your Attorney Bummer, and explain that the IME is not until the End of March, and You are going to need Care between now and then. They should at that Point Contact the i/c or w/c Adjuster and give them Your Info., and get a Response on what You should do. PCP's can't make the IME Dr. move any Quicker, but if the i/c Sees that they are going to have to Pay for Further Testing and Care before the IME, they May find another Dr. to do it Sooner. I Really don't know how to get the System in Your State to Move any Quicker, the Whole Time I've been Fighting w/c, (Over 4 Years Now) I have always had the Care I need, even during Litigation. But again My Fight is not about How I was Injured, they Accepted that 100%, and for a Short Time they Fought how Bad I was Hurt, and tried and Stop My Meds. and such, and My Attorney always seemed to get things Straightened Out Somehow, and My Care was always Available. I Hope You can get this Straightened Out, and until then Take it Easy, and Rest as Much as You Can!Wink
Thank you Still In Limbo for answering my post.

I have the IME doctor I saw in December say the back is related to the knee injury and still I am unable to receive treatment, very frustrating!

And I see the knee surgeon in 2 weeks and the insurance company is pushing the doctor to place me at MMI.

Not for sure where this will end.
bummer there are days that my feet want to flop and just not feel right today my left one feels like it wants to twist around and draw then somedays i do just fine but will always (unless the Lord moves) be using my walker and chair and the nerve test they done showed a little damage- ya right- please take care love sweets
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing
Bummer, this is how the system looks at you, Not me, Not us others. Is they see you had Back, Knee, and leg issues since (what) 2005? So, they figure what's another month or two. But also, you have to allow all parties enough time, to copy records, obtain records, and then get them to the IME's office, and allow time for the IME to review them before you get there.

As I had said in the past a back brace or support should be worn, and also a knee brace or support for the right knee.

But also, you need to be seen by your doctor. At this time, other than the supports, Medication mostly will be the only alterative here for now.

You went to the doctor the other day, did you ask about the braces or supports?

The only other advise would be, you need to stay off you feet for now.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
Hi Bad Boy

Yes I did, and I see him again on Feb 3rd, he wants to do test first before looking at braces or supports.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A question on neck injuries. Bummer Knees 3 667 03-13-2014, 07:51 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Help needed from IW with back injuries Bummer Knees 27 5,250 01-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Another back question? Bummer Knees 12 2,898 10-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Jazzi
  Back Question? Bummer Knees 16 3,751 10-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Bad Boy/Back question? Bummer Knees 8 2,666 09-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Injuries causing more injuries collateraldamage5591 6 1,737 03-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Last Post: capricorn
  Pickled baby tomatoes and peppers ( and a BACK question. Sithie 10 2,956 10-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo