Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 04-26-2015, 04:13 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
settlement question/workers comp
01-29-2009, 03:24 AM
RE: settlement question/workers comp
Have recieved rating msc hearing does this mean will be settleing soon?

sistylou
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Hi sistylou....you need to start a new thread and post your question. You also need to tell us your State. Just hit the Blue New Thread button, and start typing, ok?

LillyBig Grin

Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!
01-29-2009, 12:21 PM
I hope you get this figured out, If they stole this from you and you can prove this, hopefully he will be punnished and also call the media and tell them your story maybe they need a good headline and help keep others from making the mistake you did by hiring them.
01-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Steve, are You in the State of Pa.? I didn't notice that in Your Thread, but if You are, Your Settlement Papers, whether Settled in Court or not, has to Be Signed in Front of a w/c Judge, and You have to Understand ALL of the Language before the Judge will allow it to become Binding. Try This, Total up any Workers Comp. Payments You have received, such as Weekly or Bi-Weekly Payments, and also the $1900.00. If that Totals the amount You are Concerned about, that just May be a Footnote showing the Total You are being Paid through the w/c System. If they are going to Subtract that amount, or You have Received no Payments or such, then You need a Set Down with Your Attorney for answers!! Make an Appt., and if they won't give You One Go to Their Office and Set there until they Talk to You, and Explain!! I think it's Probably just a Part of the Paper Work and Wording of the Settlement, the Amount You are Seeing May also have Added the Medical Bills that were Paid n Your Behalf because of Your Injury. Please let Us know what You Find Out, and I Wish You the Very Best!!Wink

Failed Back Surgery, Chronic Pain, Totally Disabled.

Knowledge is Power, Especially in the World of w/c. Learn as Much as You can about Your States w/c Laws, and don't Fight Battles alone, They Use Attorney's, and so Should You!!
01-29-2009, 03:52 PM
I only received 3 checks from workers comp @ $328.00 a piece plus the $1600 of the $1900.00 my attorney sent me.One of the papers I signed that my attorney sent me did not have a place for the judge to sign on it and under the defendants attorneys name was my name hand written with a hand drawn line for me to sign on and I thought it was not professional in hand writing my name on the settlement documents and drawing a line by hand by a pen for me to sign on.

The rest of my settlement papers were typed properly and a place for the judge to sign on.I would think the judge would not be happy by seeing my signature on a hand drawn line and where my attorney hand wrote my name by hand under the defendants attorney`s name.

This causes me to think something is fishy on the unprofessional paper.Also my attorney lives about 5 hours away from where I live and is way to far for me to drive.

Thanks for your continued advice.

Steve.
01-29-2009, 04:05 PM
you didnt sign it did you?

........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......
01-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Yes Jayne I signed but he will have to show that I received a check in the amount he says I received and where I signed for him to release it to me.Something he can`t do unless he is a master at duplicating peoples signature.

Thanks.

Steve.
01-30-2009, 11:58 AM
You still didn't Mention if You are from Pa., or not. All States w/c Systems are different, and I'm from Pa., and I thought I saw it Mentioned You are from there, am I correct?Wink

Failed Back Surgery, Chronic Pain, Totally Disabled.

Knowledge is Power, Especially in the World of w/c. Learn as Much as You can about Your States w/c Laws, and don't Fight Battles alone, They Use Attorney's, and so Should You!!
01-30-2009, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2009 01:13 PM by Bad Boy Bad Boy.)
(Also the money in the setllement papers say I received $16,675.60 which I have not on paragraph 4 and then on paragraph 12 refers to the $20,500.00 which we agreed to settle on and which I just received.))

I think you answered this question in your first post... (see above)

And again in another post, but you left out the third check and amount. (see below)

(I only received 3 checks from workers comp @ $328.00 a piece plus the $1600 of the $1900.00 my attorney sent me.)

From what I'm reading, is, you got the settlement check in full, you keep the amount of $16,675.60, and you send the balance from the $20,500.00 back to your Attorney for that would be their 20% in fees.

There isn't anything wrong here.

Only that the check went to you, and not to the Attorney.

Don't pay the Attorney their Fee's they have coming, and you will be driving 5 hours to go and tell your side in a Civil Court when the Attorney files charges on you.

If you can't talk to the Attorney, it is then best to send a Certified letter with reciept to them.

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
02-02-2009, 10:16 AM
I finally received an email from my attorney.I have not received $16,675.60 in workers comp indemnity benefits as he claims the defense counsel reported to him.

Idemnity benefits is totally different from my injury settlement of ($20,500.00)minus my attorney`s 20% percent.Read his email below of what he sent to me.Someone received this money and it was not me.

{His email to me)

Steve.

I'm a bit confused by your e-mail.

The $16,785.60 mentioned in paragraph 4 of the Joint Petition is the amount of workers' compensation indemnity benefits previously paid to you by the workers compensation insurance carrier as of January 13, 2009. That number was provided by defense counsel, and I have no reason to think that it is inaccurate.

You settled your claim for compensation benefits for $20,500.00 IN ADDITION to what had previously been paid in indemnity benefits. My records show that on January 15, 2009, I mailed you our check in the amount of $16,318.57, which represented the settlement ($20,500.00), less our contractual attorney fee ($4,100.00) and our costs ($81.43).

Are you saying that you did not receive our check in the amount of $16,318.57?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  workers comp question evaughns23 5 320 03-31-2015 01:38 AM
Last Post: 1171
  SSDI and Workers Comp Shadow 14 778 03-28-2015 02:35 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  ***Help investigators document Workers Comp*** 1171 0 511 03-06-2015 01:25 PM
  New to workers comp'oh my God are the insurance companies really that bad?? alvinf478 3 746 02-11-2015 04:47 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  re-injure after comp settlement vinga 10 907 01-31-2015 08:43 PM
  workers comp question nagol2005 1 586 01-13-2015 10:08 PM
  Settlement Question? confusedinjured1020 4 1,189 10-31-2014 05:09 PM
  Workers' comp checks Maylene20 2 2,314 10-21-2014 01:56 AM
  I need help ASAP Please workers comp case ymof1 1 2,093 10-08-2014 01:19 PM
MyBB Workers Comp hired a lawyer? cblakem02 5 2,476 09-25-2014 03:39 PM