Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Hello There, Guest! Register

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EME
01-22-2009, 04:18 PM,
EME
Hey yall, WC scheduled an EME for me. What would be the difference in the examination compared to a FCE. Thanks
Microdiscectomy/Laminectomy/Fusion L4/L5/S1, with Titanium rods and screws. Disabled
01-23-2009, 11:54 AM,
RE: EME
Not sure what an EME exam is . Someone should come along and be able to answer your question. Keep checking back. Sher
7 Yr survivor of the NY State workers compensation system
01-23-2009, 01:52 PM,
Are you sure that it isn't an IME (independent medical exam) used at the end of your claim to see how disabled you are (if you are at all) so that talks for settlement can begin ???

Angel ^j^
I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open
01-23-2009, 02:29 PM,
All that I could Find on Google is that an EME is an "Employer Medical Examination". How it Pertains to Your Case is Unclear, I saw it Referenced in Alaska and Mississippi. I Wish I knew More, but Maybe Your Attorney or Adjuster for w/c could Explain Better for You. Best of Luck!!Wink
01-23-2009, 02:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2009, 02:52 PM by capricorn.)
I think, not positive that an EME is just another term for an IME> Could depend on the state. Right before I returned to work after my first lumbar injury I spoke to my HR dept about my immediate supervisor keeping me from coming back to work for over a year for no reason. We agreed that she would take care of things. I had never in 18 months had an IME> I rec'd notice that I had an IME scheduled at my employers request. Of course the Dr. found nothing wrong because at that point i was totally healed. I returned to work within two weeks of the seeing him. Same thing IME...EME... One the IC schedules and one the employer requests. In my case the employer and IC were all the same. I think states use different terms.

Capricorn
01-23-2009, 02:54 PM,
Still in Limbo Wrote:All that I could Find on Google is that an EME is an "Employer Medical Examination". How it Pertains to Your Case is Unclear, I saw it Referenced in Alaska and Mississippi. I Wish I knew More, but Maybe Your Attorney or Adjuster for w/c could Explain Better for You. Best of Luck!!Wink

Yep I just double checked. Its an EME. I live in Mississippi and had one done already. Now I have to go to one WC has for me. There was no stress test done. Just mainly questions about my accident. Just wondering what the difference was.
Microdiscectomy/Laminectomy/Fusion L4/L5/S1, with Titanium rods and screws. Disabled
01-23-2009, 03:36 PM,
Employer Medical Examination (EME)

Is the correct term for Mississippi.

Very close to the same as an IME.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
01-23-2009, 05:29 PM,
Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Employer Medical Examination (EME)

Is the correct term for Mississippi.

Very close to the same as an IME.

Thanks guys for the help.