Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 05-29-2015, 04:15 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Torn Minisuce ( Knee ) Injury
01-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Torn Minisuce ( Knee ) Injury
I had a torn oblique miniscus in my left knee due to a WC related injury in Nov. of 2008.
They finally got me in for surgery this past week.
I've talked with a few people who have had WC related injuries and they have had settlement claims.
As I am still recovering from the surgery and do not know if there is any permanent damage I am doing some research on what is due to me. I live in Missouri and I'm having trouble finding in info on this.
Can anyone help me out?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2009, 02:11 PM
RE: Torn Minisuce ( Knee ) Injury
not much. PPD is on the order of 1 % whole person however that gets translated to dollar amounts in your state.
01-19-2009, 02:26 PM
if after your surgery you are back to 100% their may not be a settlement....WC does NOT PAY for pain and suffering

........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......
01-19-2009, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2009 03:54 PM by Bad Boy Bad Boy.)
It would depend for many horizontal and flap (oblique) tears are generally not reparable. So, the question is, how is the surgeon going to make this repair? Generally part of the miniscus in this type surgery is simply removed. Then you have to wait and see how your knee works after surgery and Therapy. And if any permanent damage does presist afterwards.

When you say get what money you have due to you, I would think, your already thinking in terms of a settlement amount. But, you should be focused on proper healing more. For if something does go wrong, there will be no money in the world that can make it better.

In a simple example of dollars, a Knee could be worth $1,000.00 or it could be worth $17,000.00. So as you see the money isn't a large amount, nor will it ever be. The dollar amounts of a settlement will be based on how well you and your knee work after proper treatment is done, your full medical case, and then what Impairment you might have. You won't find a dollar amount that will meet your needs anywhere. For not one person here can staple an amount on ones injury, without knowing the whole full case behind the injury. And even then, it could only be a wild guess on an amount.

http://www.dolir.missouri.gov/wc/faq_employees.htm

If the employee is seriously and permanently disfigured about the head, neck, hands or arms, the judge may allow additional weeks of compensation, not to exceed 40 weeks. The employee needs to schedule a conference before the administrative law judge to obtain compensation benefits due to scarring or disfigurement.

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
01-19-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm not looking to get a certain dollar amount. But if I am entitled to it, I don't want to wait to get the information that I need. If I am not eligible then so be it. I'm not looking to stick it to the company or make money unjustly. No amount of money could replace the full use of my knee.
01-19-2009, 05:09 PM
then you are in the right frame of mind.....understand healing is the most important thing here......and until you are at MMI (maxium medical improvement) and are given a rating no one knows....

........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......
01-19-2009, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2009 05:49 PM by Bad Boy Bad Boy.)
A Missouri employee needs to schedule a conference before the administrative law judge to obtain compensation benefits (settlement). As in my previous post. It's going to be the ALJ that sets the amount for you.

Here is your Form to fill when time comes.

http://www.dolir.missouri.gov/lirc/forms...567-ai.pdf

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  questions about knee injury in NJ jeter06emt 3 500 03-18-2015 09:55 PM
Last Post: WCAdjuster
  Knee Injury in SC. Questions.. Pangaman 5 1,184 08-13-2014 09:57 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  Newbie with knee injury doglover 6 2,330 07-29-2013 09:53 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
Question knee injury at work emora92 11 7,998 10-19-2012 11:41 AM
Last Post: kneebow
  Knee injury nightmare cherokeegal 79 16,943 09-13-2012 09:46 AM
Last Post: cherokeegal
  Past Knee Injury questions lilbit11011 3 3,847 08-13-2012 07:34 PM
Last Post: 1171
  knee injury critter 6 2,638 01-13-2012 08:09 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Massachusetts Knee Injury beardsbh 2 2,012 11-21-2011 11:55 AM
  Knee re injury in Texas ediecornelius 1 3,358 06-24-2011 09:28 AM
Last Post: AQA
  filling a claim for a knee injury of unknown cause leeroselee 3 4,095 12-03-2010 12:48 PM