Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
car accident
MyBB 
I am required to work in bad weather and I was called into work this morning by my boss and in the process of getting to work this morning I was involved in an automobile accident due to the icy road conditions. I reside in Massachusetts and I am trying to figure out if this is covered due to the fact that I was called to come into work for overtime which is required.
If anyone could assist me in answering this question I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Sandman, I too am from Mass. I have been studying the Mass laws for a while now and I think that unless you were "on the clock" you would not have a case.It costs nothing to consult a lawyer here in Mass. so give one a call. Good luck

This is a caselaw defined situation and could be an exception to the normal "going and coming" exclusion. you can file and see what happens.
for general help
http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=elwdtopic&L=...n&sid=Elwd
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

If you were called in and your hours of work started at the time of the call then I think you would be covered. That's a different situation then normal day to day commuting.

Even I think one should consult a good lawyer in this case and other similar scenario. Most of them offer free initial consultation. Even my uncle who works in office of a DUI lawyer tell me that they too offer free initial guidance.

Spam reported
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Car accident Babebahn 15 1,554 04-05-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Car Accident IrishEyes 3 3,188 03-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Last Post: IrishEyes