Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
car accident
MyBB 
I am required to work in bad weather and I was called into work this morning by my boss and in the process of getting to work this morning I was involved in an automobile accident due to the icy road conditions. I reside in Massachusetts and I am trying to figure out if this is covered due to the fact that I was called to come into work for overtime which is required.
If anyone could assist me in answering this question I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Sandman, I too am from Mass. I have been studying the Mass laws for a while now and I think that unless you were "on the clock" you would not have a case.It costs nothing to consult a lawyer here in Mass. so give one a call. Good luck

This is a caselaw defined situation and could be an exception to the normal "going and coming" exclusion. you can file and see what happens.
for general help
http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=elwdtopic&L=...n&sid=Elwd
Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

If you were called in and your hours of work started at the time of the call then I think you would be covered. That's a different situation then normal day to day commuting.

Even I think one should consult a good lawyer in this case and other similar scenario. Most of them offer free initial consultation. Even my uncle who works in office of a DUI lawyer tell me that they too offer free initial guidance.

Spam reported
Signature/Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information.........

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Car accident Babebahn 15 1,093 04-05-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Car Accident IrishEyes 3 3,124 03-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Last Post: IrishEyes