Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fighting the flu
There must be a new virus this year. I usually get sick once a year and miss work once a year due to being sick. Well this year it is a hard cold to kick. So, what do you all do to fight the flu??? Starve a cold, starve a fever, feed a cold, feed a fever?????
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Hey sweetie, don't have any advice for you but I hope you get better soon.

Hugs,
monster
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Feed a cold, starve a fever.
DH had posterior spinal decompresion, Bi-Lateral laminectomy L3-S1, Excision of L4-5 on L/side. 2/07

I Hope You feel Better Soon!! My New PCP made Sure I got My Pneumonia and Flu Shots this Year, so I Hope I don"t have to Fight Either! Rest and Take it Easy when You can, and let Your Body have a Chance to Rebuild! My Best, and Have a Nice Day!!Wink

Hi,

I hope this finds you feeling better AQA...but my life long family doctor always told my mom...to allow the "fever" of the flu or a cold to run it's course....it is there for a reason...fighting off the bug!
You must use common sense with this little tid-bit though...as very high fevers are dangerous and need immediate attention.
take care, LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

ahhhhhhhhh Buddy my Daddy(96) is a wise old man his cure for everything is and this is a quote"If whisky cant cure it sex can" so there you go......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Hope you get feeling better, it's tough going to school and being sick.

Tomorrow our local hospital is having a free flu shot clinc. I am going to take my family, and then look at the pneumonia shot.

My 9 yr old has asthma and getting sick is bad news for him.

Starve a fever, Feed a cold, with grandma's home made chicken noodle soup.......

Thank you all for the responces. Last night I tried an old remidy. I went to bed with five blankets on me. I was wrapped up like I was in a cacoon. About three this morning I was sweating like I was in an attic at 180 degrees. I decided to just stay the way I was. This morning I could tell that I am on the down ward side of this. I still have a head ach but my caugh is now a dry one. I made class today and all the instructors were asking what happened. I was suprised at first, then I relized. The other day was the first day I missed all year. So, I will take it easy this weekend and keep my coat on a little longer than normal. Once again, thank you all for your responces.

If we starve a fever and feed a cold, what do we do if we have both?????HHHMMM???

Jayne, Due to proabition, I had to take down the still. So, I have no wiskey. Having sex would violate my restrictions. Any ideas that don't involve a washing machine???HHHMMM?????
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

AQA............hope this thingy is almost over for you. Feel better.

CAP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fighting cancer dusty boy 12 4,761 09-13-2017, 06:46 PM
Last Post: dusty boy
  The men and woman fighting for us are awesome CRABBY 11 6,882 11-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel
  Try to work or continue fighting for SSI? monster 14 4,207 10-13-2008, 04:06 AM
Last Post: snowbear