Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got a phone call on the ticket to work program
Yesterday I was made aware that several individuals on SSD had received phone calls about Social Security Administration Ticket to Work Program.

Today I also received a phone call.

The phone call came from a private company that has a contract with SSA. I let the call go to my answering machine and later listened to it.

This is what the message said……We would like to tell you about a new program with Social Security administration called the ticket to work program………the message went on to explain ways one could find out more information about the program.

Interesting.......

Just thought I would share.

Bk, I do not have the info in front of me right now. I will say there were some companies that stated I could receive $1500.00 a year with their program for the next three years. A issue I have with that is, My first year at a community college cost more than $4000.00.

I am using the state voc. rehab, program and the ticket to work program goes through them. They pay the tutiion and books. After I graduate from a four year college, I am under no agreement to go back to work. I will try, and see what the body says. After all, thats what counts. If I can not do the job then I go back on SSDI, but it would not be due to the effert I put in.

I truely believe that the ticket to work progam is a good program that others should look into.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Hi AQA

After I get my medical taken care of I plan to make use of the ticket to work program.

Since I have been injured (almost 3 yrs ago) I have taken a few courses at the college where I worked. I have been on medical leave since shortly after my injury and still receive the employee benefit of tuition discount.

I am able to take college classes for a few dollars a credit hour. If my employer keeps me on medical leave my daughter now a senior will go to the 2 yr college free.

One of the challenges I have in returning to work after my medical is taken care of is that the fact that I am hearing impaired and would also need accomodations for this.

Do you mind me sending you a PM???????

To late, Never mind the photos, they were for JAYNE. I am sending the PM. You can course me later.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

I wanted to post more information about the phone call I received on the ticket to work program.

Persons using this program have the opportunity to work from their home using computer work or answering the phone for federal agencies.

Person will earn $9.00 an hour and keep their social security benefits.

This is in the state of Kansas; we may be part of a pilot program.

for one year Bummer at the end of the year you lose SSDI benifits and can only earn so much during the year to keep your benifits...It is their way of trying to trim people that can be retrained to the work force off the SSDI rolls.....I wish
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Hi Jayne

Yes, that is what I have read. For some individuals this is a great program that will enable them to return to the workforce.

A little off topic, but on topic. LOL.

http://www.ssa.gov/pressoffice/pr/2009cola-pr.htm

AQA...thank you for that information Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  woman takes speeding ticket to supreme court California_Help 0 1,801 11-06-2017, 10:41 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  JUST CALL ME GRANDMA Bummer Knees 4 1,383 07-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Summer Program is going strong. Bummer Knees 1 1,350 06-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Had phone interview bronco54501 19 5,295 10-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Last Post: jayne
  The summer program I run Bummer Knees 0 1,256 04-26-2012, 04:44 PM
  Phone interview that never happened bodybuilder1958 2 2,423 01-18-2012, 10:51 PM
  Received phone call, son qualifies for a wavier slot Bummer Knees 4 2,286 10-04-2011, 05:12 PM
  phone call jayne 5 4,039 01-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Just call me 'crispy legs' bodybuilder1958 8 4,535 06-24-2010, 11:36 AM
  Got a call after the MRI bodybuilder1958 3 2,253 02-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Lilly