Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Try to work or continue fighting for SSI?
Well hell, now I'm really confused. Theh guy who offered me the job back in August I think just called. He is supposed to call me back shortly.

Now that I have the psych reports in and have admitted myself to the hospital I don't know what to do. Should I try to work or continue fighting for SSI or SSD whatever the hec it is?

I would feel better mentally getting my rear end back to work I just don't know if I will be able to do it. I am getting a left side facet block (neck) a week from today that if it works will keep the headaches away. That in itself would be a Godsend.

If I go to work and find that I can't do it will I have to start completely over on the SSI thing? I'm so afraid of making the wrong decision. Can you guys give me so insight on this?

Thanks and hugs,
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile

Monster, you know, only you know what you body is telling you.

Here is a thought; Give yourself an 8 hour trail at home. Do an experiment for yourself. You have a general idea of what you might do at this job you are and had been offered. So, I say to you, try to perform them task, at home, for the 8 or 9 hours you would then do if working. Then and only then lets see how your body is feeling.

I think, that is the answer Monster.... No one can make up your mind... But your body can......
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
Monster, SS looked at the fact that I had tried to return to work three times. If you try and find that you can do the job. It might help with getting your ssdi, but as BBBB said only you know what your body can handle. I am glad that you took and admitted yourself to the hospital for some help. Know that we have you in our prayers, and will keep you on our list until you are well.

May God send his angels to hold you in his arms
Monster, I Believe that Bad Boy has given You the Best Advice for this Situation! And as He said Only You know Your Body and Emotional Health, and what You can Handle! I can Tell You this though, because I am on SSDI, they Do have a "Back to Work" Program that allows You to try Work, and if You can't do the Job, it won't Effect Your SSDI, but Naturally You have to be on SSDI to Use this Program. Just a Thought, if Your Attorney feels You May be Closer to Winning Your SSDI, You May want to Wait until You are Receiving it, and then You can try Work, and not have to Worry about Losing Your Benefits! Just a Thought, and I'm Sure whatever Decision You Make will be the Right One!!Wink
Thanks so mcuh you guys. BB that was great advice, thank you so much. As of now with the severe neck pain and headaches there is no way but if the facet blocks work then I might be able to. I have been diagnosed by my doc with severe depression. I don't know if that's enough to get the SSDI but I sure could use something positive right now.

Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile

monster.... I can't add anything to what has been said, except that I am here if you need me.... love Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
Monster make sure to use the syrinx wording ok ... from what I understand it is a ssi item listed ... and headaches are one of the major problems ...
I had the facet done twice and I personally had problems after with massive headaches. Mine was done to relieve pain in my arm on my dominant side. After I had the procedure, I had massive headaches to the point I almost got killed by taking nyquil night tablets in the cabinet on the way to work 1 hour away because they were not labled and I thought they were daytime and almost fell asleep at the wheel and crashed into a guardrail instead of hitting head on. It made me so scared that I went to the doctor and he gave me a botox shot for headaches. I got instant relief. The insurance co. paid for it.

I know in my town if you go to a chiropractors office you can get the botox for headaches. I swear by that stuff now. I am not saying this to discourage you from the facet procedure, but to just let you know how well botox injections work also for headaches if the facet does not work. Good luck, and I am glad to see you are getting the help you need to possibly be able to work again.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%
Hi Monster,
I too agree BBBB has given you great advise! Another option would be to call the doctor and discuss w/ him how good he feels your chances are to being awarded SSD.
IMO, if you are severely depressed AND in pain....how the heck are you going to be a reliable new employee somewhere? I pray for you and hope that the nerve block is sucessful!
((hugs)) and ^^ Prayers^^ LillySmile

Take care
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

I do worry about you girl, I hope you are feeling better.

I wanted to share with you my experiences with the facet injections, (don't know if that is what you are having.)

Well, mine was very successful, the pain was gone 100%. Even went shopping the next day.

Now about the job offer, it seems as if it is causing a lot of stress for you, and that cannot be good for you, especially right now.

I also think the ideal of talking to you doctor is the thing to do.

At my last doctor's appointment I visited with my doctor about trying to go back to school and work, (Going back to school didn't work)

My doctor looked at me, then he said, "And what makes you think you can go back to work, there is a reason why I have done the paper work to get you on disability"

And this is why I believe talking to your doctor is the right thing to do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fighting cancer dusty boy 12 2,560 09-13-2017, 06:46 PM
Last Post: dusty boy
  Fighting the flu AQA 19 5,501 11-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Last Post: RNvic
  The men and woman fighting for us are awesome CRABBY 11 6,222 11-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel