• Please excuse our dust
  • We are continuing the redesign of our forums
  • We'll get there eventually!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 day waiting period
Hello all

So injuries that result in less than ten days of workers comp have a 3 day waiting period.

Do you guys pay this time as just regular pay or do you have the employee use sick time/vacation time etc?

Thanks

Hi Mahrir,

I'm bumping this up for you , as it's getting buried. Hopefully someone in 'the know' can answer you.
Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Each company has their own policies regarding this. If the injured worker is out more than the 10 days, WC will go back and pay the first 3 days. Some employers as a gesture of good faith and loyalty to their employees do pay regular salary. Some allow the injured worker to use their sick/vacation time. It is usually a matter of company policy.

The length of the waiting period and when it's paid by the work comp carrier depends on a particular states laws. Some states have 7 days others pay the 3 days after 14 or 7. It all depends on which state you are refering to.
How the non-compensible time is handled is outside of work comp law and up to union contract or each employer as kate says.
[size=medium][font=Comic Sans MS][i]please include the state where the claim was filed.[/i][/font][/size]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 day waiting period kyoneal 2 2,430 01-18-2010, 02:26 AM
Last Post: 1171