Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of our employees injured at work
My husband and brother-in-law own a small business. Last week one of the employees was injured on the job, I wanted to share the story.

The injured worker had been making deliveries and he had completed his morning route. The information we gathered was the employee was lost and looking at a map while driving and hit a semi head on.

The injured worker was life watched to a local hospital and my husband and brother in law were contacted by law enforcement.

My brother in law was 4 hours away when the accident happened and dropped what he was doing and went to the hospital to see what he could do. He kept saying, That’s my boy that's hurt.”

My husband drove to the scene of the accident to assist law enforcement. No one had any emergency contact numbers for this worker and after retrieving the workers cell phone my husband contacted the family.

The injured worker was only in the hospital for one day and had minor injuries. The semi driver was not injured.

The business is paying the worked for the first week he is off work and will pay the 1/3 difference while he is on work comp. The driver has been told he will have a job when he is able to come back to work.

Everyone in the business is very supportive of the injured worker.

My husband and brother in law have seen how I was treated after my injury. I just wanted to brag, I am very proud of them.
I wanted to add that the worker's truck only hit the edge of the semi, (semi tire was damaged)

I can't belive the worker was able to walk away from the accident.

God was with him.
Bummer...you should brag...this is a wonderful story. We need more employers who function like this...this injured worker is very lucky to be working for your family. Love Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
God bless you and your family .. What a nice thing .... american spirit
its how it is supposed to be...Tell your honey we are very proud of him
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

"do unto other's"
I'd like to work for them!
This is how it's suppose to be handledSmile

LillyBig Grin
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!
Bragging rights have been well earned by them.

For I do remember when you were first injured Bummer, it wasn't easy for you with hubby and brother at the time. But time sure does heal them thoughts now.

My sister owns a towing company, and does have wc insurance. An employee hurt his leg, she paid his full pay and medical insurance, while off work. It was being a family was all. Had nothing to do with wc going up or anything, she just thought it was the right thing to do. Then one day employee said 8 weeks later he needed to turn it over to a wc claim. My sister said it isn't a problem. All the sudden employee has a cast on. After time settle his claim. Job was still waiting for him. He quits for no reason. Made no sense at all. They wanted him to return to work, when he was ready to work was all. If he would had restrictions, they would still pay his full pay and let him work, yet he still quit. He didn't make that much from a settlement, and was never denied anything. He was told, anything he ever needs just to let them know, and he will have it. They did treat him as a family memeber was all.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
Wonderful story, Bummer. I agree with the group. That's how it should be. I understand finances and paying for an employee who isn't actively working but what about that an employee as a human being when they were giving their best. I have been treated fairly by my employer but not until 14 months after injury and a Judge had to decide in my behalf. Since then they have paid my health benefits and I have gotten my bi-weekly checks on schedule. My employer I have just found out is self-insured. Bummer you must be very proud.

Your Family did a Great Thing, We need More Employers like Your Husband and Brother-in-Law Out There!!Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best software for Payroll Management of the employees? Indumathi 3 233 03-07-2018, 12:56 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Any Medtronic employees here? Manley2 7 2,986 03-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Expressions for high stress days (feel free to address w/c employees with them....... nurse83 12 4,908 02-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Last Post: collateraldamage5591
  Niece Injured At Work Bummer Knees 20 4,250 01-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Last Post: jayne