Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Political Thoughts only
This isn't a matter of who I would vote for, or an issue on who anyone would vote for. Just my thoughts as this continues for us to view is all.

Well, for months I had though Obama would of choose Hillary for VP, just to be sneaky enough to pull her votes. But, then he fooled me, and choose different.

Then at the same time, I had thought, it would be even sneakier if McCain would choose C. Rice as VP, as she is well liked, throughout the States and the world.

Sarah Palin, now will be seen as a cute lady, with a smile, a pretty face, with humor. Her lack of experience might show in time.
She'll be a thing to people; they'll see the smile and the chignon and the glasses and think she's Truvi from Steel Magnolias.

When a survey was done on why women voted for Bill Clinton, most women said they voted for him because he was cute.

My thoughts of Sarah Palin, as of last night are solely mine. I feel she will and is taking the focus now off McCain. I do think, this is the picture I now get from his choice of VP. I pray this women doesn't get left out in the snow, and torn apart, like it has been done in the past. McCain's people will only see her as number 3. I hope their helping her prepair for all that will mostly happen. I pray she has the strenght to get through all of this.

Now I sit back, and think to myself, if either one is vote in, and God forbid something happens to either new President, what VP would I then want to take over then? Who would be better qualified then? Who could truely push the Nuke button, if it needed to be pushed?

May God bless us all, and those running now from both sides.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

BB>>>>> right now my decision will be based mostly on who the VP candidate is because of the fear of something happening to the president. It is important to me that God forbid something should happen that the person that steps into that position I feel is qualified. More thoughts will follow.

CAP

Great Thought Starter Bad Boy! Please don't be Upset if I don't Reply with My Thoughts, I made a Decision Long Ago not to Talk Religion or Politics with Friends! Just a Personal Choice of Mine, and I will Really Enjoy Reading some of the Other Replies! Have a Great Day My Friend!!Wink

two words "no confidence"

BadBoy,
I'm not shy when it comes to politics. Don't worry about Sarah Palin. I've been aware of her for some time. Those that watched the RNC last night saw a future President of the United States, at her best.

Chalk me up in the "newly energized" column.

In my past I supported women when it came to equal rights for the same jobs and such. I do think women have come a very long way since then also. I don't think, I down graded anyone or even Sarah Palin. My thought were mainly, I hope the public doesn't chew her up. I don't like that kind of thing.

And too, I did say, may God Bless them running for office, and also Bless us all.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:In my past I supported women when it came to equal rights for the same jobs and such. I do think women have come a very long way since then also. I don't think, I down graded anyone or even Sarah Palin. My thought were mainly, I hope the public doesn't chew her up. I don't like that kind of thing.

And too, I did say, may God Bless them running for office, and also Bless us all.

I understand that. I did not think you were downgrading anyone. My only point was that, although she is going to be slammed hard by those who do not like (or are scared of) her, not to worry. She is tough as nails.

proud Republican here......Alaska women are tough anyone who can come out of a POW camp is tough they will do just fine color me tickled pink with the both of them....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Hi all...I agree with most that was said. Still is so right that politics can be stretch with many altering view points from both parties and so forth and is not always the best subject topic amoung friends. Even in my family there can be disagreements about who what where or when when it comes to how govenment is ran and what bills are elected to take priority etc. My husband and son are stong republicans and the rest of us, the girls and their families have followed in my footsteps on this subject. I just want to add one thing and that is not too sale Palin short because she is a women or any other situation. She is strong, confident, intelligent and empathatic I believe all rolled up into one...and I know she is republican, but who cares. I just admire the women who is only 44 years old and can stand in front of a congregation and speak as she did. I expected it of Hilary Clinton and I was not sure of Palin, but she did excellent in her speech last night. I have two aunts who live in Alaska and who are with their husbands in the ministry and so I have heard a lot about Palin as a result. Palin walked into a mess in Alaska "the good ole boys club" and she has been successful against great odds according to my aunts. I am happy for her and I am happy for the US if she is elected and that is saying a lot since I am not with that group on their ideas and belief's about life. I too will be interested in reading what others have to say about this topic and will enjoy reading along as it takes roots of its own. Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

I agree with Still, I made my choice a long time ago, I do not talk politics or Religion. But this is a very interesting thread and will read as answers come in..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Voc Rehab thoughts Manley2 4 2,737 07-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Care to guess who's political ad showed this??? AQA 4 4,034 11-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Last Post: jayne
  I have a head full of thoughts... bronco54501 7 4,973 06-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Thoughts for RNvic Tuffy 21 8,454 06-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Last Post: MJC
Question any thoughts hurt at work 4 3,090 12-23-2008, 11:44 PM
Last Post: red1030
  Happy thoughts soonermom53 11 5,825 10-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel
Smile Political Opinions and News on both Campaigns capricorn 15 7,987 10-02-2008, 07:15 AM
Last Post: hurt at work
  Need the forum families thoughts and advice ksgirl 33 9,586 01-24-2008, 04:30 PM
  Ten Thoughts to Ponder for 2008 collateraldamage5591 8 8,787 01-23-2008, 09:55 AM
  Thoughts for the Day!!! (Off-Topic) punk 12 5,653 05-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Dallas307