Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should AZ Gal Give Up?
Question 
Since the accident at work, almost 1 year ago, she continues to be denied WC because the 1st attorney filed the claim late. She has been granted Long Term Disability and Social Security through at least 2010 and then they will extend it to 2028 when they will retire her. This has taken such a toll on her as you all know from your own personal battles with the "system."

Basically, after I blabbed enough, should we just give up on the WC or is there even an option to appeal? I do not want to hurt her any more and this whole ordeal has caused lasting damage, according to DRs.

We appreciate your advice and experience. Remember, we pray for you daily. Blessings, Larry

hi larry and welcome.its your choice but she is owed her wc benifits and as it is my thoughts only i would not give in and let them win thats what they want you to do.i would not give in why should she have to pay for a work injury and cost her alot of money.its up to you but i will not give in on my case.good luck my friend wish you well.hurt.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

Even if she wins a WC claim there will be offsets taken for the LTD and SS. So it could mean that a win would earn her nothing.

It's the principle of the thing , in my opinion.
She is owed by WC !
"Giving up" is exactly what they want....I personally would not give them that pleasure or satisfaction!
Prayers for you both, LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

I am supprised her LTD isnt going after her WC claim...But it is HER choice many times WC does just this they deny till you go away...if you think she isnt up to the fight then by all means back away...She is lucky she has LTD and her SS many are not this lucky and lose everything......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Sure, it's the principle. But some fights just get old.

Az,

Are you still legally able to pursue a WC claim or statutarily barred due to the missed deadline ? If still an option then what's the big deal, it's just paperwork because by this time an exam is irrelevant so I don't see why this would still be a hardship or irritation. Might as well continue because of the big payoof if ever found PTD under comp., a better deal than SSDI I understand although I wouldn't know myself.

My Opinion Only, but the Injured Worker's Health and Mental Well Being is the Number One Priority!! Do what's best for the Injured Worker,Sometimes Principle alone is not a Good Enough Reason if it Means causing Further Damage to the Injured Party!Wink

Do yourself a favor and to the fight to the next level. Call your state reps and talk to them. If you don't get satisfaction that way, then the national media just loves stories like this.

azmickelson Wrote:Since the accident at work, almost 1 year ago, she continues to be denied WC because the 1st attorney filed the claim late. She has been granted Long Term Disability and Social Security through at least 2010 and then they will extend it to 2028 when they will retire her. This has taken such a toll on her as you all know from your own personal battles with the "system."

Basically, after I blabbed enough, should we just give up on the WC or is there even an option to appeal? I do not want to hurt her any more and this whole ordeal has caused lasting damage, according to DRs.

We appreciate your advice and experience. Remember, we pray for you daily. Blessings, Larry

if her mental health is in doubt and the fight with WC is making it worse forget it ....her health and well being is number one. if you have a lawyer that can handle it without alot of strain on her then fight them. but put her first
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  someone please help me or give me advice newenglandchick 3 5,402 02-19-2018, 12:23 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Have to give two statements to WC insurance? mwpdx86 5 1,736 03-08-2016, 03:54 PM
Last Post: RootsGal
Exclamation Can someone give me advise on what to do? lizdawiz82 3 5,470 09-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Last Post: lizdawiz82
  Does your employer need to give you a job back? Dirtydawg69 2 4,104 11-26-2010, 11:42 AM
  Attorney said give up take what they offer Sadiesmom 24 18,747 05-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Regrets
  Give it to me like it is. izell 2 2,856 03-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Can a PA give a deposition? bodybuilder1958 3 5,138 11-20-2009, 10:40 AM
  Does IME give you a rating? injrdnsc 14 8,477 04-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  give my position to someone else Mike 3 3,622 02-21-2008, 01:03 AM
Last Post: red1030
  Forced to give up PTO fedupinfl 8 5,855 11-30-2007, 11:32 PM
Last Post: chrischris