Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advice-washington state injury
Hi- I'd appreciate any help/advice. Shattered my elbow, multiple fractures, had surgery-lots of hardware now! The bone didn't heal well, so PT was delayed, but eventually had alot of PT. I don't have full range of motion on extension or flexion. PT was stopped and I've been scheduled for IME. I don't know what happens next. Someone advised me to see an attorney. I appreciate what's been done for me so far and I don't want to take advantage, just want to be treated fairly. Thanks alot!

If you want fairly then let me ask you this .... do you think w/c side is going to have legal ppl look over everything ... and if so .. do you know every legal thing about it?

I would listen to the offer first then think about it .

tweety00 Wrote:If you want fairly then let me ask you this .... do you think w/c side is going to have legal ppl look over everything ... and if so .. do you know every legal thing about it?

I would listen to the offer first then think about it .

I don't know if they'r going to have legals look it over or if they're going to determine to continue with PT- my dr had recommended another month of PT when it was stopped- apparently I'd gone over the recommended # of times usually allowed for an elbow break. The IME was scheduled 6 weeks out which disturbed me and I did manage to get it changed to Sept. 8. The brochure I was given at time of injury makes it sound pretty cut and dry-if I have a ppd I will receive a check within 30 days of claim being closed. So I didn't even realize that it would be something I could negotiate...
Thanks!

Hi,

I am also from WA state and I think you should consult a lawyer right away. The consultation is free. If you want to get a fair settlement, I am sorry to say, but you just can't do it on your own...at least not in our state. You should read some of my past threads and you will see what I mean.
Good luck to you.

Kat

katicabogar Wrote:Hi,

I am also from WA state and I think you should consult a lawyer right away. The consultation is free. If you want to get a fair settlement, I am sorry to say, but you just can't do it on your own...at least not in our state. You should read some of my past threads and you will see what I mean.
Good luck to you.

Kat

Hi Kat- Criminitley! I did go and read some of your past threads-how discouraging! Thanks for the advice. How are you doing now?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question State Employee Injury OfficialKeyHolder 1 334 03-12-2018, 11:50 PM
Last Post: kibby
  Washington state L and I pension Silverfox 0 532 06-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Silverfox
  Strangled At Work Washington dmotley5706 2 815 01-20-2017, 03:34 AM
Last Post: shefallsdown
  Need advice recent WC injury ashleylpn77@gmail.com 3 1,911 03-04-2016, 05:32 PM
Last Post: RootsGal
  NC State WC employees and State Employee bonus CuriousOneNC 1 1,695 01-06-2016, 06:46 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Injury while out on work comp Ny state chris T 1 2,781 12-07-2014, 12:51 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Will CA state disability ins go to period before injury rps 2 2,354 11-14-2014, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Toyster16
  Washington L&I (or hell in disguise) Lizzy 15 10,744 12-31-2013, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  Quick question about Lumbar injury, rating, and state disability Frayed 17 22,531 10-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Frayed
  Out of state injury broken wrist HaroldWelds80 2 3,772 04-26-2013, 11:49 PM
Last Post: jayne