Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 05-27-2015, 07:41 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Attorney got the IME report
08-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Attorney got the IME report
Ok, my attorney got the report today and called me about it. I have a hearing scheduled for next month and we were hoping that we wouldn't have to go to hearing based on what the IME doctor said. While he's not denying that I have the carpal tunnel, he is saying that it is not work-related based on an incorrect doctor's report that I had tried to get changed early on. When I talked to the doctor about the incorrect statements in the report this was almost 6 months after I saw him. He said that he couldn't remember what all was discussed at my appt. with him and couldn't go back and correct it. This brings me to my question...I have read on several posts where others have had the same problem with incorrect info in doctor's reports and when the statements could not be changed that it was good that you could go to hearing to bring out those incorrect statements. My attorney assures me that we still have a very good shot at getting the claim accepted because of other statements in my medical information. Just wanted to know what everyone else thought. Thanks!

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2008, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2008 05:24 PM by 1171.)
RE: Attorney got the IME report
it should work to your benefit that you tried to get the correction early and are not just bringing it up now after you got the unfravorable IME report.
08-22-2008, 07:16 PM
1171 Wrote:it should work to your benefit that you tried to get the correction early and are not just bringing it up now after you got the unfravorable IME report.

I tried to get the correction but like I said he can't remember what all we talked about. So, what proof do I have now that the report is incorrect? I told my attorney about it when I sent them my medical records and that I couldn't get it corrected. Do I contact my doctor again requesting a statement for when we spoke in June about incorrect info in medical report that he was unable to change because too much time had elapsed? I'm gonna look like a fool...

08-22-2008, 08:52 PM
your atty could try deposing your doctor but best the time to have done that was before the IME report.
08-22-2008, 09:20 PM
1171 Wrote:your atty could try deposing your doctor but best the time to have done that was before the IME report.

I don't know if this would help but I've got written statements from co-workers as to what type of work I was doing that I was going to submit to my attorney. I have 3 other doctors stating is work-related....This makes no sense to me as if I didn't have it before...no history of problems with hands in medical records but I go to work for these guys and lo and behold after working there for awhile I develop carpal tunnel. How can it be that this isn't work related? They were working me to death and all I did was work, eat and sleep. These people are disgusting...I don't know how they can live with themselves denying IW medical treatment.

08-23-2008, 04:29 AM
What type of work do you do? I also do not see how they could say it is not work related. I just got my permanent award for 10% for recurring carpal tunnel syndrome. Now if they found their doctor more credible that I have recurring carpal tunnel, my PM doctor is sending me to a hand surgeon the get the surgery done again.

carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%
08-23-2008, 08:19 AM
sparkey Wrote:What type of work do you do? I also do not see how they could say it is not work related. I just got my permanent award for 10% for recurring carpal tunnel syndrome. Now if they found their doctor more credible that I have recurring carpal tunnel, my PM doctor is sending me to a hand surgeon the get the surgery done again.

Maintenance...use hands all the time to install, adjust, troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on equipment, machine tools, plant equipment, lots of pushing, pulling, very physically demanding....not to mention I was working anywhere from 65-75 hours a week. Everyone says it's carpal tunnel...just the IME doctor says not work-related. I suppose my employer must have tied my hands behind my back while I was at work....wow...I must be some good employee?! Did I mention that the doctor whose notes are inaccurate thought my hand problems were neck related and was treating me as it were a pinched nerve in my neck and not carpal tunnel?

08-23-2008, 11:20 AM
What is the Incorrect report stating?

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.
08-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:What is the Incorrect report stating?

Does not use any type of repetitive motions at work or at home and has my working hours incorrect. This was not MY normal doctor...it was the physician's assistant. I have family doctor, hand doctor, neurologist and OccuHealth doctor saying it is work related.

08-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Maintenance, use hands all the time to install, adjust, troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on equipment, machine tools, plant equipment, lots of pushing, pulling is all part of the Class of repetive motion.

Maintenance, work, use of hand tools, hammers and Vibrating tools are known causes for Carpal Tunnel. Even more so known for arpal Tunnel then sitting at a desk using a Keyboard.

So, even the records show different, you still have a good case to show cause of Carpal Tunnel.

Hopefully the IC won't even try and fight it. They been known not to try and fight these injuries when related to that type work.

Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Has anyone hired another attorney to fight Dr. reports or Attorney mishandeling Confusedd 17 9,485 02-26-2008 04:05 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  State Attorney or Private Attorney? jdx4 13 6,216 01-22-2008 08:50 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo