Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Hello There, Guest! Register

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bulging disk
06-04-2007, 08:29 PM,
bulging disk
can they repair themselves ?? can they get better with theraphy ?
06-04-2007, 10:38 PM,
Smile  RE: bulging disk
tweety,

Yes, a buldging disc and herniated disc can repair itself.  I had a herniated disc about 2 years ago in my back.  I have a pool and I got in it every day, cried in pain while I swam a program I made for myself.  I was waiting for WC to approve my surgery.  When they did, 4 months later my NS wanted another MRI in case things had changed before doing surgery.  When we did the second MRI, the disc had gone back into place.  I swear it was the swimming that did it cause they say swimming is the best excerise for back problems.  If you have access to a pool, get in it.  My program consisted of 2 laps of each type of swimming stroke there is.  Then I just rested in the pool by just floating.......I can sleep in the pool floating, I am a great floater.  I hope you can possibly try this and it will help you.  Take Care!

Cajun Hugssssssss,
MJC  
Lumbar Laminectomy L5 - S1, Lumbar Disectomy L 4 -5, Cervical Microdisectomy C-4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 4 -5, Cervical Anterior Fusion C 5 - 6, Lumbar Disectomy, Laminectomy and Foraminotmy L 3 - 4, Cryo Surgery Lumbar. --Ongoing Problems.. Permanently Totally Disabled.
06-05-2007, 12:17 AM,
RE: bulging disk
Tweety, as MJC has noted Bulging Discs, with rest and the correct type of PT and exercise, can heal over time. It's not something that happens over night, it takes time, but they can heal. I hope this helps and Best of Luck!!Wink
06-05-2007, 12:24 AM,
I agree with the aforementioned answers and had two of mine correct them self with the proper PT BUT, I think the injections only mask the problem and if you get to that point you may want to consider surgery. Why, well if the disc doesn't heal properly it can cause another disc either above or below to become miss aligned and it too may start to bulge.
If you trust your doc to follow his/her advice and swimming is one of the most wonderful actives for a back along with your core muscle group!
06-05-2007, 04:17 AM,
Tweety

I agree with what MJC and the others are saying - it does take time. I know 2 yrs later that my pain is lessing in my lower back. Still have days that anything will set it off - but that may be from the mid back spasms as well. Hard to say at this point without new MRI's of the entire spine. lol

My neuro has always felt my bulges have been from the severe spasms I have had in the neck, shoulder, mid back and lower back area. Therefore, if we can get those taken care of maybe we can work on strengthening the muscles more. It can't be the other way around with me because working on strengthening muscles sets off the spasms. I soooooo love to be difficult for doctors and therapists.
06-05-2007, 07:26 AM,

Same here tweety.......Bulged 2 with the first injury, 2 different ones 2nd injury and all 4 this time. Both previous times with PT, and rest they healed and I returned to work full duty. Keep in my I continued to lift 50 # continually for years afterwards and that's why all 4 are bulged again. Once they go back into place you have to be really careful to keep the muscles in your back, legs and stomach really tight or you can re-injure with the slightest movement.

CAP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lumbar disk herniation w possible Section 32 settlement Cowboys88 8 1,878 12-30-2014, 04:54 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CERVICAL STENOSIS - Bulging Discs RAT6MAN6 2 1,511 04-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  Bulging Disks, Annular Tear, Doctor Says Back to Work Georgedroy 7 7,506 11-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Last Post: NYScomp
  fmla/herniate disk c4-c5 ybigjt 2 2,846 06-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Cycler
  herni disk starluise5 5 2,603 01-30-2009, 10:06 AM
Last Post: starluise5
  ACL and Disk Herniation sstirling80 7 2,997 01-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Last Post: sstirling80
  workmans comp say herniated disk....never herniated bagpussinamerica 9 9,898 11-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Herniated disk/carpal tunnel katicabogar 13 11,730 02-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Last Post: kate
  Bulging disk C5 - C6 AQA 9 6,330 08-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Last Post: NewDriver