Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IME Video Taping News Flash / Just Arrived today
All my years with dealing in work comp issues, the questions of Video Taping an IME has come up so many times. Well, I guess I'm learning again like many here are also.

How to properly go about Video Taping your own IME visit.

Follow the rules I just learned.

1. When told you are going to visit an IME, you must say (stop).

2. At such point, you advise the Insurance carrier, you will attend the IME, only if the evaluation is and will be Video Taped in full.

3. You will agree to supply every bit of the tapings with the IC, a copy also for the IME, a copy for you, and a Copy for your treating doctor and Attorney if you have one. Also a copy to be sent to your work comp board if they will accept it.

4. You will supply a letter showing all parties will be issued a copy of the tapings, and that all parties sign for the tape as it is sent to them, and a copy sent back to you, showing they did obtain the tapes.

5. If you have an Attorney, then these request should be best to come from said Attorney instead of you.

You set the guidelines at time from begining of request to see an IME, and end the hassles from day one of such request. You then should have the premision from all parties to Video Tape record such IME from the very start of such request. If you get that ball running right from the begining you should have little problems obtaining a Video IME.

I will say this now. If you do finally get all the approvals, of course in writting. I then must tell you, you should hire a person to perform the Video tape Recordings, and that Independent Recorder will provide the copies to all said parties on the list of approvals. The cost will be a major benefit, and a proper stepping stone to lead the way of the future from here on out. If you do things with proper grace, you just might get lucky enough to have the IC pay for the Video Tape recordings.

If you go to an IME, and disregaurd this as written, and later complain they would not let you Video Tape record your IME, you can then understand why I then wrote this. It is only proper protocol, to atleast give all parties a heads up, to what you want when they the IC wants something from you. Yes, you have every right to bargin, just as they are bargining on their IME to write you off.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Very interesting BB, Thanks for shareing........

Here is something to make you say Awwwww. At the bottom of each listing click More information on this expert witness. Then as you can see how many times they had to perform a Depo. mostly Depo's are performed, due to the language used in the IME report. depo's are mostly performed from the Injured workers side due to disputes in the IME report. Why would I want to visit an IME that had to perform so many Depo's. Give some thought to this.

http://www.seakexperts.com/static/specia...tions.html
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Thanks for the Info Bad Boy!My IME I had was done by Dr.Stoken in Iowa(My second opinion last time)Thanks Again!Born

Borninabarn, wouldn't you like to tell us about your experence with this IME? By nice to know, since I seen he/she is on the list...Cool

Thank you for the information BBBB as always you are so good to share what you learn with the rest of us.
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

My understanding is that in Ohio at least the BWC still has a rule prohibiting recording of an IME in any manner. I thought it was being challenged at one point but never heard if anything came of it.

Cycler, that is good to know. As you know, not everyone can absorb all the Rules and Laws for every State. I like to ask you to find that information for me, and post it here in this thread, hopefully as a web site link we can all read. Any information is knowledge to someone. Reading it, and being able to reference back to it some day makes for a great tool.

Have you ever thought about picking out subjects, and send that on to one of you State congressmen/women? If you like I can find information so you can also make contact with them. I think I posted the contact information in another post somewhere. But, I'm willing to find it for you, or anyone that wishes it. Our Law makers of this country do need all the information they can absorb to help make a system better for all injured workers. The issue of if and when that will ever happen is a big maybe, but every single bit helps. It has proven to me as I have wrote and work with my State people. I was working with a Senator from my State a year or so ago on Medicare issues. It got passed, but it was also a temporary pass as medicare issues will be back on the floor again soon. I too was invited to Washington through my State senator. Feels good when you know you may of helped, even if it's only a little bit.

I am currently working with small business owners group suing the state for unfair treatment of comp premiums of small employers when it comes to group rating plans and self-insured
companies. Ohio is extremely unfriendly to small business and is forcing closings by the way it calculates comp insurance premiums. Small businesses cannot afford to pay it. Without jobs we are dead here, regardless of injured or non-injured workers. The State monopoly comp system is actually pretty good otherwise.

Cycler, I'm glad to hear about what you are doing with the small business people. This is good news, and also I would like you to start a Thread on this, and keep us up to date with this on your thread. We all need to share, and you have a great subject that should continue on with sharing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video Record Med Legal Exams Shadow 5 5,046 12-02-2017, 02:11 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Video mowing lawn bradleyR718 7 4,516 11-26-2014, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Rocksider
  good news and bad news scoobydee71 3 2,664 09-23-2012, 06:48 AM
Last Post: scoobydee71
  ksgirl, what was the outcome of the video taping at work? Lilly 15 8,419 02-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  No appeal-------- Check arrived today capricorn 12 6,695 07-21-2007, 01:31 AM
Last Post: Deb