• Please excuse our dust
  • We are continuing the redesign of our forums
  • We'll get there eventually!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lumbar Radiculopathy
Hi all,

I got one question answered by searching the site, and that helped me get the ball rolling. Here's what happened.

I was employed as a Gymnastics Coach.

I woke up one morning with some pain in my leg. Felt like it was just a twinge, so I ignored it. I mentioned it to my boss when I went to work, but felt that it didn't interfere with my job. He told me to keep him updated. Over the next 3 days, it got significantly worse, culminating in my only getting around with crutches (luckily my parents had some that they could lend me), and taking the strongest pain medication you can get over the counter.

I felt that I couldn't perform my job until I got better and asked my boss what I should do. He informed me that he didn't want his wc rates to go up, so he was going to pay out of pocket for my expenses, beginning with a doctor's visit. I went to the doctor who immediately said that I had Lumbar Radiculopathy, wrote me out prescriptions for a pain killer, muscle relaxant, X-Ray, MRI and Physical Therapy. In addition, she wrote me a note explaining that for the next week (which was when it was all supposed to be done, and PT started), I was not to be in work.

I informed my boss, and he said he would pay for the visit and the X-Ray, and then if the others cost too much, he'd file. I got an estimate on the MRI at 2500, and he informed me that he'd file for wc. Apparently, he got into an accident (I wasn't told very much), and his sister-in-law who took over the company refused the wc, and apparently the cost for the X-Ray, and said because I hadn't been at work, I was fired.

Workers' Compensation Agency just sent me the form to file for a hearing, and I was wondering if I could get some advice about what to do. I already printed out all the laws (as near as I could find) that pertained to this situation.

Any advice is appreciated.

I'm

I would say fill the paper work out, and file for the hearing.

Ask the sister to talk with her brother over your concerns, surely if he is honest enough, he can straighten this out for you.

It also would help to know the State of which your claim is in.

You can modify your profile here to show your State, and that will help others in time here.

Each State has their own work comp Laws and Rules.

http://www.spineuniverse.com/displayarti...e1469.html
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:I would say fill the paper work out, and file for the hearing.

Ask the sister to talk with her brother over your concerns, surely if he is honest enough, he can straighten this out for you.

It also would help to know the State of which your claim is in.

You can modify your profile here to show your State, and that will help others in time here.

Each State has their own work comp Laws and Rules.

http://www.spineuniverse.com/displayarti...e1469.html

I'm from Michigan. Part of the problem is that I can't get a hold of him, and they won't speak to me anymore. I asked what was going on with him (mostly because I was concerned for him, but I also wanted to be able to speak with him), and was essentially told it wasn't my business. That's when I got fired.

might wanna talk to legal help
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

That can't fire for an on the job injury.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

The way I see the imediate issue, is one of medical oppinion. Whether or not you were fired is not relavent. The issue is when you became injured. Just because they fire you means nothing. If you were injured while employed, then they are responsible.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. Jesus died for our sins. Soilders died for our freedom.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aprox PPD rating for DDD Lumbar Disc Replacement Wabackinjury 3 466 07-18-2015, 12:02 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Relationship reversed cervical lordosis and lumbar herniation tpm 7 993 02-23-2015, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Cycler
  cervical radiculopathy neck & rotator cuff tendanitis alice13 2 998 01-02-2015, 03:27 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Lumbar disk herniation w possible Section 32 settlement Cowboys88 8 2,432 12-30-2014, 04:54 PM
Exclamation 20yo lumbar herniated disc and losing my mind Rojersca 15 4,700 06-25-2014, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  *no names please* is sending me for 2nd IME and want to settle before lumbar hearing CheriLovesJesus7 10 6,239 01-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  lumbar lanectimy and diskectimy promlems dirtroadboy 5 2,289 11-13-2013, 02:12 PM
  Lumbar and Cervical Injury my2xyz 4 5,758 10-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Last Post: CheriLovesJesus7
  WA State Cervical/Lumbar Pain Expert Needed PainInMyNeck 4 2,500 08-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Last Post: jayne
  settlement opinion, lumbar fusion quick79 9 49,634 04-22-2011, 01:49 AM
Last Post: AQA