Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 04-18-2015, 09:04 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
stress and anxiety in california
07-22-2008, 08:45 PM
stress and anxiety in california
I have been working for this doctors office for 3 years . For the past year and a half I have been bullied and singled out . My doctor took me off work for 1 month for stress and anxiety last week .
My question is...can I collect state disability and file a work comp claim ? and should I get an attorney ? I heard that my employer fires employees who file work comp claims. I am so confused and scared . Any advice is sure appreciated .

Thanks,
Meyea
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2008, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2008 09:06 PM by chrischris.)
RE: stress and anxiety in california
1. If you pay into State disability, then you can file for State Disability if off work due to injury/illness.

2. If your stress is work related, you can file a work comp stress claim. Your employer cannot fire you for filing a claim.

3. You will have a hard time to find an attorney in California to take on just a "stress claim". WC attorneys are paid 12-15% of your settlement and most stress claims are hard, if not impossible to prove. The insurance company will fight a stress claim tooth and nail.

You can call and consult with an attorney over the phone and get advice.

My question is what are you doing for the month you are taken off work? Are you seeking medical help? Are you recovering?

If you do file a WC Stress Claim, you are covered for related medical up to $10,000 during the 90 day investigation period.

The best thing to do is become familiar with the laws of California.
At the top of this page, pull down State Info, then California.

If you don't want to go thru hell with WC then simply quit and find another job.

I wish you the best!

Let Go, and Let God......
07-22-2008, 10:59 PM
chrischris Wrote:1. If you pay into State disability, then you can file for State Disability if off work due to injury/illness.

2. If your stress is work related, you can file a work comp stress claim. Your employer cannot fire you for filing a claim.

3. You will have a hard time to find an attorney in California to take on just a "stress claim". WC attorneys are paid 12-15% of your settlement and most stress claims are hard, if not impossible to prove. The insurance company will fight a stress claim tooth and nail.

You can call and consult with an attorney over the phone and get advice.

My question is what are you doing for the month you are taken off work? Are you seeking medical help? Are you recovering?

If you do file a WC Stress Claim, you are covered for related medical up to $10,000 during the 90 day investigation period.

The best thing to do is become familiar with the laws of California.
At the top of this page, pull down State Info, then California.

If you don't want to go thru hell with WC then simply quit and find another job.

I wish you the best!

The stress is only part of it .yes I am seeking counseling and following up with my doctor. Also I have been colmplaining to my employer about my neck and shoulder pain for over a year . She has never done anything about it. I have asked for a head set numerous times and I still have not recieved one. I am on the phone a majority of the day . I have seen the doctor for that also . I was always affraid to file a claim because I thought I would get fired . Now I know the truth.
Thanks for the well wishes . I will keep you posted .
07-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Make sure you file a claim form for any injury claim.
You can collect SDI while the comp claim is pending.
07-24-2008, 10:23 AM
1171 Wrote:Make sure you file a claim form for any injury claim.
You can collect SDI while the comp claim is pending.

OK...I gave my employer my work comp claim yesterday . What happens next ? They didn't even have the claim at the office . I had to go on line and print it out myself .
07-24-2008, 11:26 AM
you can find out basic california comp information
here:
http://www.dir.ca.gov/CHSWC/Reports/Work...-3rdEd.pdf

the employer should send the claim form to the carrier who will open a file and notify the parties of the claim status. and provide contact information. the employer/carrier has 90 days to investigate and make a decision. treatment benefits will be paid during this period.
07-24-2008, 12:37 PM
what do i do for the 90 days of investigation (if it takes that long ) ? will i have to go back to work ? or will WC pay me ?
07-24-2008, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2008 02:05 PM by chrischris.)
meyea Wrote:what do i do for the 90 days of investigation (if it takes that long ) ? will i have to go back to work ? or will WC pay me ?

WC will only pay your medical up to $10,000 during the investigation period, then if not accepted by 90 days, all medical stops and you are on your own.

My stress claim is 15 months into the investigation period and hasn't been accepted yet. (denied on day 90)

You have to go back to work if your doctor releases you or your employer will terminate you.

Let Go, and Let God......
07-24-2008, 03:47 PM
During the 90 day investigation will I see a WC doctor ? Who accepts or denies your claim ?
07-24-2008, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2008 08:04 PM by 1171.)
maybe.
it depends on the issues; some are legal and don't require a medical opinion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Should I file A Stress Claim? workmanscompquestions 9 659 02-25-2015 01:35 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Stress Claim - Northern California 052614 1 1,040 06-10-2014 11:49 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Califoria stress claims CaseyandMarie 27 4,569 09-16-2013 12:54 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Pain and stress causing Anxiety Jasmin 9 3,282 02-27-2013 12:31 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  neuropathic pain/anxiety tired25 6 2,067 02-15-2013 10:07 PM
Last Post: tired25
  13 yrs of harrassment, hostile work and stress in California daystarchis 3 3,060 11-01-2012 06:33 PM
  Post traumatic stress disorder eaglewoman 4 6,051 11-02-2010 02:32 PM
  Everybody Loves Stress...Help in California JCHoyle 7 5,289 10-20-2010 01:13 PM
Last Post: injuredinil2
  Work Related Stress/Anxiety RubyWench 5 11,192 09-20-2010 02:42 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Stress and Health Claim?? Caligirl1276 2 3,240 08-13-2010 05:14 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy