Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hows the garden
Cool 
so everyone hows the gardens coming along?im doing good well was till i over furtilized now my corn leaves are burning i hope they live to produce corn.tomatoes are going to town,green peppers are as well,onions so so.(:
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

mine didnt even make it my sons did so good he shared with us and his in laws the lord really blessed his i tell everyone my little peice of dirt here in ga is CURSED it wont even grow grass (lawn kind lol)
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

My flowers are doing good, but no veggies this year, as All my friends and neighbors load me up from there harvest. My neighbor has planted the squash seeds in his garden and they are doing ok, so we will see ..........

got tomatoes like crazy, my cucumbers have come to life, have had onions for a while,hot peppers have finally bloomed.bell peppers not so good, my cantelope are blooming like crazy.my kids are eating my cucumbers faster than i can pick them.gonna throw one in a salad here shortly soon as my husband barbeques some steaks what a guy.lol halftrak
no matter where you're at there you are

they dont make them like they used to right halftrak?guess we got the last pick of the crop
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

Del has strawberries aligning our fense post and in the front amoung flowers and they are giving us a lot of berries. I have not started a true garden as of yet. I am getting a place ready to start an inhouse green house...I will start small to see how I do and then enlarge it. I can't wait. sounds like fun. Love you all Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Red are you talking about hydrophonic (sp) gardening, where everything is in Water? I did see that kind of garden at Disney World in Florida, It was really something and large..........

I was watching a show today on " How it's made" and they had a huge hydrophonic place they were growing lettuce in. OMG talk about a big building. Amazing how they seed, plant, replant etc. etc. Amazing show if anyone can seem to catch that on tv.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

hey sweet send me some of your grass LOL.i picked two heads of lettuce well kali my daughter and i did to be honest and had some friends over for dinner.oh and by the way ladies im the cook in the house and the wife will tell you that.she can burn water better than anyone i know LOL(: i love to cook.cant wait for more good home grown stuff.good growing to you all.(:
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

Hi all...yes Tuffy that is what I am talking about. We have done it before and it works beautifully. It is a system where the water is in and out by using a pump and a timer. The worst part of it is that you must change the chemicals in the water frequently through each of its growth spurts. They do not stay in water all the time. We use a timer and it says when to water. it waters from the bottom up. I can't wait to get it going again. I am going to start with lettus, tamatoes, cucumbers, and a couple of house plants that will tolerate the same chemical settings. Del builds the entire system himself. Only thing he buys is a pump for each grouping and the chemicals and seeds. Also he buys the light that he puts above them. I am so excited every since we started talking about it. jayne it is going to go in the empty room where all the boxes were when you were here. If it works well for me and I can actually do it this time I will expand to squash (summer), onions and I am not sure of what else. I hvae to do some reading about expaning to root plants such as potatoes, carrots etc. Wish me luck. I will take pictures when it is up and going...love Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hows the weather near you....? bronco54501 7 2,217 02-23-2014, 04:22 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Hows your spring bronco54501 3 1,954 04-15-2013, 05:32 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Summer Garden Bummer Knees 10 3,795 06-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Hows your weather today..? bronco54501 116 48,547 05-10-2012, 07:25 AM
  Hows your weather bronco54501 36 14,888 10-05-2011, 05:47 PM