Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doctor's office called.........
My attorney called today and gave me instructions that I am to call the ortho's office in the morning as he wants to schedule the surgery.

Course I want the surgery done but I have mixed feeling.....will my family survive without me for a few days?

School is almost out for the summer and I have 3 special needs children at home and last week my 9 yr old son had a bad asthma attack and according to the doctor we almost lost him. He also had strep throat and bronchitis and was only in the hospital for a couple of days but now doing better, we are watching him closely.

Guess I have mixed emotions.

Hi sweetie - I hope this isn't going to sound bad because it's not the way I mean it so here goes...

Life is not gonna slow down for you to have this done, BUT you need it and you must have so therefore you HAVE to schedule. Just think ho much better life will be once you get this ouchie fixed and how much better off your family will be having you in so much less pain.

I'm not saying it's going to be easy but you have to take care of yourself as well or you're no good to anyone.

I love you and hope to read tomorrow what date you have set. Please know you are always in my prayers as is everyone here Smile

BTW - this was just my .02 but I hope you schedule soon.

Hugs,
monster
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Before all my surgeries I had to make some choices and arrangments. When comes to the oppurtunity of surgery, I say go for it. You can only do so much for others. The goal is that after the surgery you will be much better and be able to do more for others.

Take Care
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

AQA & Monster

Thank you for your responses. I am excited about having the surgery but the "mom" in me worries about my children, especially my son with his health problems.

There is so much I haven't been able to do since 2005.

According to the ortho's web site there is a list of "To do's" that must be complete previous to surgery.
I will need to have and pass several medical test, and attend a workshop about replacements.

I will update tomorrow after I speak with the doctor's office.

Bummer, just remember it's not how little you can do today, but how much more you can do tomorrow.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bummer >.. JMO. You have waited so long to get relief. It's never easy when you're out of commission due to illness or surgery but I feel you really need to get this done and get on with recovery for YOU. All this suffering and now to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Go for it. Prayers will be all around you. All will work out at home.

CAP Wink

Hi Bummer,
I bet you are having second thoughts ! I would be balking too.
but, remember this....if you keep putting it off until the timing is right, and convenient for you....it may never happen.
prayers for you, LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Bummer,
I agree with what everyone has said. You have fought for this surgery and you need it very badly. Please remember that the Good Lord will be watching over you and your family. Go ahead and have this scheduled as soon as possible. The sooner you have it done, the sooner you'll be able to do more. Please don't delay.
Love
Vickie

Bummer, surely your family has been prepaired for the moment also. They knew in the back of their minds, they would have to step up to the plate and help you out. Everything will be just fine, but you have to just let it be.

bummer i know what you going thru the minute i heard surgery my knee feels better LOLLOL please know that our prayers are with you and better get it done while the getting is there .lets walk up to the plate and go for it guess im talking to myself more than you hey the family will be there for you and were all here too !!!!love ya
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bummer Knees called me bodybuilder1958 3 2,719 02-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Lawyer called, he admitted he made a mistake bodybuilder1958 2 2,235 08-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Red Called Tuffy 10 4,967 04-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Bomb threat at WC doctor's office Bummer Knees 19 7,632 01-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Last Post: capricorn
  sparkey's new office red1030 9 4,338 02-14-2009, 07:47 AM
Last Post: sparkey
  Work Called UndercovrAngel 16 6,092 10-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  New Office Policy admin 20 9,802 08-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Last Post: vickinat
  Dr. finally called capricorn 19 4,437 03-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Last Post: monster
  Office Gossips -- Oops, tried to delete but can't chrischris 1 1,975 08-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Employer Called Deb 41 11,880 06-17-2007, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo