• Please excuse our dust
  • We are continuing the redesign of our forums
  • We'll get there eventually!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happens when your doctor and IME doctor diagnosis differs?
Toungue 
IME doctor has me at scheduled loss of use.

My doctor has me as a classification.

I'm at MMI and going to hearing next week. Does anyone know?

That is what the Judge will decide at the hearing. It is the Judges job to decide which side has more convincing evidence to support their side. I know some people have had a Judge who could not make a determination because both sides have equal amount of evidence...then the Judge say (s)he will make the decision one the person see's a Dr. of his choice. Sometimes the Juge will make a decision with what is given to him at the hearing and you would lkily get a letter in the mail. This is how I understand it to work. I have been told that in several states, if both sides have equal amount of evidence, the Judge tends to agree with the patients case. I know in VA, that is what my lawyer told me.

I hope your hearing goes your way.

Wish my luck as this am is my IME with the IC doctor. I am scared to death that this guy is going to side with the people that are paying him. Please, i hope i am wrong about this, and that this doctor see's what i am going through and possibly be the ticket to the help i have been needing to be pain free.

I will post later today after my appt.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

ahhhhhh sparky dont your kitty ever run out of paper?As for the judges they see this crap everyday and are smarter than we give them credit for 9 outa 10 the lawyers will meet before your hearing and hammer out a deal most likley the day befor or of your hearing.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

jayne Wrote:ahhhhhh sparky dont your kitty ever run out of paper?As for the judges they see this crap everyday and are smarter than we give them credit for 9 outa 10 the lawyers will meet before your hearing and hammer out a deal most likley the day befor or of your hearing.....

Why would my lawyer hammer out a deal with a WC atty? My doctor says my injury is a classification which would entitle me and my lawyer to more money. So why would he hammer out a deal that is not in his favor? Now I'm confused lol. Smile

sounds like you don't think there is any chance the judge will rule you have a scheduled loss of use.
if you can't loose then you are correct, there is no reason to negotiate.
[size=medium][font=Comic Sans MS][i]please include the state where the claim was filed.[/i][/font][/size]

1171 Wrote:sounds like you don't think there is any chance the judge will rule you have a scheduled loss of use.
if you can't loose then you are correct, there is no reason to negotiate.

I'm sorry but I don't understand your response, can you please explain?

not really. I don't know what you don't understand.
you stated there are two options: an SLU or a higher rated classification.
the reason parties negotiate is to avoid the risk of loosing.
in this case avoid the comp court siding with the lower value SLU benefit.
[size=medium][font=Comic Sans MS][i]please include the state where the claim was filed.[/i][/font][/size]

1171 Wrote:not really. I don't know what you don't understand.
you stated there are two options: an SLU or a higher rated classification.
the reason parties negotiate is to avoid the risk of loosing.
in this case avoid the comp court siding with the lower value SLU benefit.

How do I avoid the comp court siding with the lower value SLU benefit? I have a say in that???

i think that's what the phase "hammer out a deal with the WC atty" meant.
what did you think it meant?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  my doctor doesnt want to give me my disability rating backontrack 4 1,723 08-19-2015, 02:01 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  spinal and cervical stenosis in georgia and need some advice'doctor didnt explain it! alvinf478 1 869 07-16-2015, 09:39 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Doctor fees? Kburgtorf 3 1,425 05-20-2015, 05:36 PM
  New Doctor HDEisele 4 1,113 01-20-2015, 01:41 AM
  In Ohio, injured 2 weeks ago but didn't see doctor. Can I still be drug tested? avog 1 1,093 12-08-2014, 12:23 PM
  Doctor appointments Scooter123 12 2,373 09-23-2014, 08:48 PM
  Seeing new doctor Toyster16 14 3,434 09-12-2014, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Toyster16
  MMI and rating by my Doctor Questions preframe 1 1,644 05-03-2014, 09:58 PM
  MMI and rating by my Doctor preframe 14 3,785 04-13-2014, 11:26 AM
  Doctor Trouble Mackey65 13 2,890 03-28-2014, 10:05 PM
Last Post: California_Help