Workers Compensation - Workmans Comp Service Center

Current time: 05-04-2015, 06:04 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Important Notice: We have deployed some new anti-spam measures that have enabled us to once again allow registration with a simple email verification. However, please do not hesitate to report suspected spam threads should they arise.

Spammers take note - your posts, if successful, will not last here. Our community is vigilant in identifying and reporting spam posts for IMMEDIATE removal. Don't waste your time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Husband
03-26-2008, 09:16 AM
RE: Husband
time to find a new lawyer.thats for him to decide its for you and ur hubby.and yes that nurse can hurt you on this case,be very carefull do not tell her anymore than she needs to know.....been there done that and they also like to make things up to cover there tails.good luck and becarefull.

Each day is not a rite,it's a given.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2008, 09:35 AM
now guys that isnt fair there must be some good NCM,s we just havent found one....most are nurses that couldnt cut it in their own job so they are out to make your life tuff.....remember when you were in the 3rd grade and there was this kid who was the teachers pet cuz she tattled never had a friend never played games cuz she might get her dress dirty but was the first to run to momma or the teacher?She grew up to be a NCM.......so ignore her.......dont speak,refuse to let her in with your visits and insist you be in on her talks to your Doc...record everything that is said with her,once she knows she cant meddle she will go away......My lawyer fired mine right off.....

........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......
03-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Tell your lawyer YOU DO NOT want her at the visits, that's what you are paying HIM for! period. My lawyer also immediately put a stop to the NCM bugging me. Jayne is right...most NCM's don't have a clue.

Once I was suppose to have a manual manipulation under anesthetic for a frozen shoulder...my very bright NCM did not even know what it was, nor what a frozen shoulder was. That's when i got a lawyer YIKES!
LillySmile

Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!
03-26-2008, 10:20 AM

I don't understand why your attorney doesn't think the name calling and harrassment is discrimination against a disabled person. If your husband wasn't injured, wasn't partially disabled he wouldn't be in this predicament. Next time you call him please tell him CAP is confused by this and we would like a response. ALso Kick the NCM to the curb. He should have also done this for you and hubby. Maybe the attorney needs to be kicked to the curb. Keep in mind though that if you change attorney;s they both get a peice of the pie if there is any at any time. Some don't like to share. Whenever my attorney has made himself scarce or I needed answers I would make an appt. and sit with him face to face. I have told him before that if he returned his phone calls lets say within 3 days I wouldn't be in his face. It has worked for me and I have always had my concers taken care of. Best of luck.

CAP

God is never late.

In the end it doesn't matter how many years were in your life but how much life was in your years.
03-26-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm Sorry Your Husband is going through all of this, but is He Released by His Dr. to be Out in the Field doing this Type of Work? Make Sure He stays within the Dr.'s Restrictions, no Matter what anyone Else may Say to Aggravate Him! My Employer wants Me back at Work so Bad so they can find a Way to Fire Me it's a Shame!! I still have a Few Friends that Speak to Me even though the Employer told them not to, and they made Me Aware of it! But Please Tell Your Husband no Matter How Bad it gets, don't Quit, it will Cost Him His Case, and that's what they May be trying to do! As far as another Attorney, that's a Personal Decision, but My Opinion Only, I would set down with My Current Attorney with a List of My Concerns and try and Iron them Out Before switching Attorneys, that could become Complicated! If they don't Listen, then it May be Time to Start looking! Best Of Luck, and I Hope things get Better for Your Husband!! Wink

Failed Back Surgery, Chronic Pain, Totally Disabled.

Knowledge is Power, Especially in the World of w/c. Learn as Much as You can about Your States w/c Laws, and don't Fight Battles alone, They Use Attorney's, and so Should You!!
06-01-2008, 01:26 AM
AQA Wrote:If he is going to have the fusion done, he will be out of work for a while. May be just prior to returning to work, he should look for work else where.

Will the fusion haunt him for the rest of his life?? No one can answere. Every one of us is different. Back injuries can be very serious. There are some on here that are disabled because of a spinal injury. There are also a great number of people that have had a fusion done that are fine.

Just to give you a heads up. Workers' compensation is state specific. The laws are different from state to state. You may want to let us know what state you are in.
06-01-2008, 01:40 AM
Hello i am sorry to see that you and your husband are so young and having to go threw this situation, but work can help he needs to get a hold of his HR department and let them know the name of the supervisors that are in on it.Also tell him to let them know that he dosent want and retaliation from this that it was an accident and that he enjoyes his job but he wants the harrasment to stop .They will have no choice but to help him with the problems he is having and repremand the supervisors.Tell him to stay calm and do the job the best he can and let them make the move to release him from his employment then you have a good case to sew the sorry A-- Bas--rds YOU KIDS KEEP YOUR HEADS UP AND REMEMBER WHAT MAKE YOU WEAK WILL ALSO MAKE YOUR BOND STRONGER. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS YOU BOTH.
06-01-2008, 07:57 AM
First off this NCM ( nurse case manager) should have introduced herself to your husband and probably ask your husband sign some papers for her to get his records available to her. I am surprised she just popped in on visits and he had no idea who she was.

Second i agree that If I was his lawyer I would tell this nurse to take a hike. She is not there to help him, she is there to hurt his case and get info back to the insurance co.

I would also do what others have said, and tell your husband to go to the HR dept. and tell them he is being harrassed and that it needs to stop and QUICK. It is bad enough the poor guy has to go to work in pain, nevermind being abused by his co-workers. Usually when he is back to work the NCM goes away. Why is she still going to appointments when he is working? Her job is to get him back to work in some form of light duty.

Also, he needs to make sure he stays within his doctors restrictions. If they say no lifting more than 20 lbs. then he does just that. If he goes against his restrictions, it could effect his case.

As far as the idiots at work harrassing him, when people do not physically see blood dripping from your body, they automatically feel your faking. This is a shame that we as injured workers have a bad influence because of fraud that has happened in the past. It hurts us all now because of it.

I wish him luck in his treatments, and definitly get rid of that lawyer. Seems he is not out for your husbands best interest and he has a long way to go in his case to deal with this lawyer.

carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Husband being followed ammowoman 22 6,039 12-16-2012 07:53 PM
Last Post: Cycler
Question Husband Hurt on Job Then Fired dbadchick 2 2,628 07-17-2011 03:13 AM
Last Post: dbadchick
  Husband almost killed ammowoman 28 9,157 11-05-2010 02:27 PM
Last Post: ammowoman
  Husband in Texas taddison 5 2,323 06-09-2008 01:48 PM